Dr. Christopher Wise MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Independence, MO

• Good
  • Bad

April 8th, 2017
Femur Fracture above a 28 year old knee replacement, he decides to ignore the fact that it was way past time to do a revision surgery on the knee replacement (most knee replacement last an average of 10 to 15 years if you are lucky, only reason it lasted as long as it did is because the Kansas City Chiefs Ortho Doctor did the original TKA) so he puts a plate in to fix the severely comminuted fracture in the distal femur that had fracture lines into the knee joint and left the old knee parts in. Two months in the wound didnt heal because of an infection that was hospital acquired, had surgery to debridge the wound and then the plate broke, fracture the femur even worse than before. After blowing a gasket (very, very unhappy), and a 2nd opinion, he deferred to a much more qualified surgeon with in his surgical group (Dr. Krempec,, who I would definitely recommend to anyone seeking a orthopedic surgeon). Dr. Krempec performed a Revision surgery where he removed the old hardware, and put in a rod in the femur that connected up to the knee replacement which is what SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Suffered thru unnecessary surgeries,, rehabs, surgery complications (you have know ideas HOW MANY COMPLICATIONS) that never ever should have had to suffer through. If you value your life, I would not go to him. He was careless, uninvolved, negligent...... need I go on.?

December 9th, 2016
Dr. Wise is not the Dr. you want to see if you care about having an expert who is going to be your guide to a timely and complete recovery. Every visit I had with Dr. Wise left me feeling like he was completely bored and I was wasting his time and even got a few heavy sighs when I was asking questions. I get the feeling he is in a position or at a location that he does not want to be. I am still not able to return to a full work schedule but he is no longer approving physical therapy. He cares more about saving a few bucks for my insurance company rather than make sure I have made a full and complete recovery. I asked what exercises I should employ to get over the hump of struggles I am still experiencing but he said there were none and it was just going to take time. I don’t doubt it will take time but surely there is something I can be doing to make steady progress. I tried to explain another issue I was having and he interrupted and told me about other more serious injuries he sees. The fact that he sees other more serious injuries has no bearing on fact that I want to do everything I can to get back to a full work schedule as soon as possible. I’m sure most of those people have disability or unemployment they can rely on. I don’t. I don’t get paid unless I am working. I would not recommend or return.

July 17th, 2012
Overall..."THE BEST"
Its honestly been a pleasure to meet you.You really do give people confidence in recovery.Thank you

July 11th, 2012
Thank you Dr. Wise
I broke my right femer on a Sunday night and was taken to the hospital. Dr. Wise was going on vacation the next day so he did the surgery on Sunday night late. He and his office staff are very accomodating and easy to talk to.

June 6th, 2011
J. Dysart
Just would like to say that my experience with Dr. Wise, MD and all of his staff has been very pleasant. They conduct business in a very professional manner. Answered every last question I had. Spent all the time with me that was needed. I didn't feel like they were trying to get me out of there so they could get the next person in (like you do in so many Dr's. offices today). Would just like to say thank you.

December 15th, 2016