Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Sports Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
by S. Doggett, on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. Witherspoon is an awesome physician. He is listen's to you, he cares for his patients and follows up with them. His knowledge and diagnosing is excellent. If he thinks you need to be referred to a specialist, he makes sure to find the right doctor and stay's on top of everything. I have been seeing Dr. Witherspoon for years and I do not trust any other doctor to take care of me. He is the ABSOLUTE BEST doctor EVER! His office staff has always been very helpful and polite, never an issue with them.

|  Where is he now  |  show details
by Nutrition RN on Mar 23rd, 2014

He is at Benchmark Family Medicine

|  He is in a new office in Rockwall!  |  show details
by Deb on Dec 2nd, 2013

He left that office but is still practicing in Rockwall, don't try to read into their, staff at S. Family Clinic. He is a great doctor, listen's, cares, also excellent on the knowledge, diagnosing, etc. Due to frequent moves prior to 7 years ago I have learned a lot about finding good doctors, with good staff, accepts my insurance, etc. Where he was working has joined up with a company that tends to handle the management side, is my understanding. Changes like that with offices with multiple doctors, and other health care providers, PA, RNP, RNs....tend to result in staffing changes. I have been thru it before, sometimes it works, but I have seen how bad it can get when it doesn't. They should have sent you a letter last spring. Said something about the management company, also gave address and phone number of Dr. W's new office. I got one, but I can't find it now. When a Doctor leaves an clinic practice (multiple doctors) the rules are tricky. Staff won't tell you why and last I saw this happen, the Doctor(s) who leave and go into their own office, or a group office, aren't allowed to reach out to the patients from the office they leave, at least for a contracted amount of time. If you choose to you can go to his new office, might have to sign something saying you called him not him contacting you. New patients won't have to, the other office doesn't want to loose his patients. They also instruct the employees to only say he doesn't work here anymore. One they don't want to risk an employee saying anything that is legally actionable, or could be perceived to be so. So they say he isn't working there anymore. Remain silent otherwise. They avoid potential law suits, don't freely offer his new office info. Which at least delays you leaving,and I am betting the hush hush also plants a seed of doubt, at least for some people.

|  I am at a loss here  |  show details
by Shelley on Feb 24th, 2013

Dr Witherspoon was my family doctor at the Sandknop practice. I was informed that he simply left the practice and they had no idea why. The front desk was rather distant and said they had many doctors who were taking his patients, Well, these other doctors dont know me.. Dr. Witherspoon has virtually saved my life and has helped me through the most serious of medical probems. Cancer. And I do not want another stranger going through my files and not knowing the person I am. He was my doctor and friend, I am seriously worried about him and cannot believe the unprofessional attitude of the office. I have a right to know where my doctor is and if he is still here practicing medicine. There are several others who feel the same way I do. I cannot get a straight answer and I need him.

|  patient  |  show details
by J. on Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. Witherspoon is an excellent doctor and dedicated to his patients. He does not treat you like "routine"...He carefully evaluates you each visit. Not many could live up to his caring about you.

|  Where is Dr Witherspoon  |  show details
by Stephenie Foster on Feb 18th, 2013

Last week I received a call from Sandknop's office and was informed Dr Witherspoon was no longer with them. I was there a couple of weeks ago and scheduled a follow up and now he is not there. Dr Witherspoon is the first doctor I have trusted in over 15 years. He took the time to listen and to understand what was happening to you. I never felt like he was rushed and didn't care. I don't want to find another doctor if I don't have to. He is the type of doctor you stay with as long as he is practicing. It would be nice if HIS patients were told where he is practicing now. stepheniefoster@aol.com

|  Favorite Patient  |  show details
by Katherine Ware on Feb 17th, 2013

.Dr. Christopher Anthony Witherspoon, who was formerly treating patients at the Sandknop Family Practice, in Rockwall, Texas. It is not a good thing to lose the only doctor who understands your health needs. It’s taken me nearly ten years to find the right fit for my medical requirements. It’s a medical necessity that you would please contact me ASAP. Doctor, where you go, I will go as your patient if possible! I was scheduled for an appointment with you Friday, 2/15/13. I was crassly told that you were no longer at that practice and given the option to choose another doctor. As if you could be replaced without question. I was greatly taken aback by how casual the option was given to me. Their lack of willingness to release additional information was very unsettling to me. The only reason I stayed with Dr. Sandknop's practice these last few years has been about the excellent counsel and attention to my personal health care needs you gave. I will research and use every bit of my investigative skills to locate you. That's if you remain in the state of Texas, in the Dallas area and are still a practicing physician. I was your patient not Dr. Sandknop’s and they cannot dismiss me so easily. Please understand that excellent doctor, patient relation is not disposable, but developed over years of quality care giving. That is my motivation and wanting to have a trusted and affective health care provider.

|  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

DrWitherspoon was the best Dr I havent went to a Dr like him in a while, and the wonderful nurses very caring and relaxing feel u can tell them anything.

|  Amazing Doctor!!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Witherspoon is the best! He is extremely caring, listens well, and very thorough!

|  show details
by A grateful patient on Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Witherspoon changed my opinion about doctors. Until being treated by him, visiting a doctor always felt like a total waste of time. Because he cares and took the time to diagnose my issues, he literally changed my life for the better. I am for grateful to him and for him.

|  Treated Poorly by Office Staff  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2011

I was a patient here for the past four years until this week. For the past year I have been slightly frustrated with the general admin staff and a few of the nurses. All the Doctors and PAs have been good to great at times. ANYTIME I would call in for an appointment I was talked to in a condesending tone and could tell that the person I was talking to could care less. When I would come into the office the front desk girls never had a smile and I never had a warm feeling. If I would ask questions they would seem annoyed and then this past week I had enough. I was questioning why my two girls accounts always had a balance even though I would pay my co-pay. Since this is their dad's insurance I don't get the EOB statements. The girl I spoke to just kept shrugging her shoulders and acted as though she could give two cents about my issue. So I said a cuss word. I didn't threaten anyone nor did I yell and make a scene. The fact that I was being treated like that just amplified my frustration with the insurance company. The office manager brought me in an office to discuss my issue and she was very kind but then the rude nurse of Dr. Witherspoon barged in and pulled her out. When the Office Manager returned I was told I was not allowed back as a patient in this practice. First problem here is that Dr. Witherspoon didn't talk to me to get my side. It makes no sense that the office staff can continue to be rude and we should just accept the poor level of service. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know other people that have discontinued their patronage here for the same reasons. I have 3 children and also myself and my husband who now have to search for a new doctor who doesn't know our history all because of a one-sided story. I am a Regional Manager over 42 employees and I would NEVER allow this.

|  Best Doctor!!!!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Dr Witherspoon is the best Doctor ever. He is very caring, has great bedside manners. I am Blessed and honored to have him as my family physician!!

|  Very Satisified Patient  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

Dr. Witherspoon is the best physician I have seen in the Rockwall area. He takes time with his patients, he has excellent bed-side manner and is very caring. If he does not know what is wrong with you he does not hesitate in sending you to someone who does know. He is very understanding about how much medicine cost and tries to find the most effective and cost friendly way to treat his patients.

|  Great Doctor...very intrested and caring...  |  show details
by tammy mitchell on Dec 21st, 2009

Would highly recomment Dr Witherspoon

|  Best Family doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Witherspoon has been our family`s doctor for three years. This is probably the first primary care physician that we have had that actua...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com