Dr. Christopher Wormuth Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Wormuth?

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Wormuth?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 18th, 2016

Doctor Bad Touch

Christopher Wormuth MD A doctor that does not listen to his patient is a doctor that does not take care of his patient. I had two visits with Christopher Wormuth MD and both times he exhibited absolutely no compassion with the theme of he is in charge. He cared nothing about me as a patient. The only consideration seemed to be what he had read on the chart for my visit and how fast he could get me out of there. This is a man who cares nothing for the people he treats. I am a 51 year old male which reared 3 children. With the cost of medical insurance, it was for the ones who were hurt all the time. The family is grown, I am empty nested and now have insurance on myself. I felt it was time for a check-up after 30 years. My first visit with Wormuth was for a complete check-up. Wormuth introduced himself upon entering the room, verified the reason for the visit without waiting for a reply, started in on what he can do for me and continued on for several minutes without me saying a word. I waited until he was finished talking and began telling him other reasons for the visit. I was able to get out two or three complete sentences when he said “can’t I get a word in” and from that point, my speaking rights were over. It appeared he heard something more I want from my visit and more was not in his plans. Christopher Wormuth was clearly not interested in why I was in his office only how fast he could get me out. I went into his office with six items on a list of things I wanted addressed in the check-up. Two items made it to his computer with only one being addressed. I received a call from Wormuth’s nurse a few days after the check-up saying “All your test came out fine” and she was sending me information along with an appointment for a specialist. Naturally, when I received the letter I expected to see test results. There were no test results, only an appointment. The second visit began very well. The nurse who called me was not Wormuth’s regular nurse. She explained this to me on the way to the examination room. She was only filling in for the week. As we talked, I could see this was a very experienced nurse and I ask if she had been nursing long. Her reply was 30 years, 20 with Oschner. Faith and hope of proper care at Oschner was beginning to be restored. She answered questions I could not get the doctor to on the first visit such as whether fasting is required prior to the cholesterol test since I ate before my test. I was not even asked about fasting before I was sent for the test. It was apparent she told Wormuth I was unhappy with the communication, or lack thereof, when he walked in the room and his first words were “So you’re not happy huh?” He came into the room on the offense and professionalism was not there. He had the demeanor or a pouty child. He asked what I felt he did not check for in the first visit. I told him I wanted checked for all types of cancer for 51 years old and his reply was the only way to check for cancer is a colonoscopy (which I already had). Apparently, Wormuth is a doctor who has no idea what a CT scan does or did not want to do a CT scan for me. When I ask if he planned to go over the result for the check-up Wormuth informed me “That is not how we do it here, I have 3,500 patients.” In fact, at both visits he made it very clear that he had 3,500 patients. As he told me this on the second visit I could not help to think how highly he thinks of himself, however I need answers and did not stop myself from telling him if 3,500 is too many patient for him to treat correctly he may need to rethink his case load. Wormuth assured me it was not the case as he began going over the results. He came to the cholesterol test and, when I tried to ask him how valid the test is without fasting, he did not listen to what I ask. He was under the impression I was arguing with him about my test results coming out “fine" and kept point at the computer screen continually stating my cholesterol was at a good level. When I questioned Wormuth about doctor-patient communication working both ways, he informed me I should seek another doctor since I am not happy with him. At this point, I agreed and wanted to speak with the head of the department to get a physician to take care of me. He then said he felt threatened and I need to leave before he calls security. I left the room with him following me repeating that he felt treated for all to hear. In the lobby I stopped to ask the receptionist for the supervisors name with Wormuth quickly walking up behind her telling her not to give it to me and repeating he felt threatened and told her to call security. The only thing I can be faulted for is my honesty with a man that did not want to hear more than he had planned. Mr. Wormuth seemed to know the medical portion of his profession which leads me to believe it is another issue. He clearly did not want to listen to my medical concerns. He simply wanted to take care of what was on the chart in order to shuffle me out as soon as possible and he did not even get everything on the chart. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield through the ObamaCare Marketplace which may be a problem on how much is actually paid by the insurance. Has it come to physicians who truly care for how much they are paid vs care for their patients or has health care really come to assembly line medical care? Let me say again, professionalism was gone. This man cared nothing for me as a patient. Other than the cancer tests, how much more was I misinformed and were the tests actually performed? I honestly do not know whether it was my insurance, my honestly regarding his bedside manner, my comment toward Wormuth's "colleague" (I'll withhold why this special friend may be a factor), or exactly what was the reason for his attitude. I do know I pity his remaining patients. I made several attempts to contact a department head regarding this matter. Oschner’s policy is painfully clear, patients should be seen and not heard.

May 6th, 2015

Best doctor in all of New Orleans, kindest ever, answers every question, understanding and takes time for every detail!

May 4th, 2014

Worst doctor I've ever had the mispleasure

Dr Wormuth willfully sent the wrong referral by handwriting the fax that had to get cancelled after a 3 month wait. Most unprofessional attitude I've ever encountered,didn't even look at my chart

May 4th, 2014

Worst doctor I've ever had the mispleasure

Very unprofessional,willfully sent the wrong referral by handwriting instead of faxing that caused my oppointment of 3 months waiting to be cancelled

July 20th, 2016