Dr. Christopher Yokoyama MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine La Jolla, CA

December 14th, 2013
Always a thorough review of signs and systems followed by a carefully developed diagnosis of the problem. I appreciate his candor and sense of humor.

November 27th, 2012
Fantastic
Dr. Yokoyama is fantastic. I can see why some folks would think he's "rude", but he isn't rude. He's professional, to the point, smart and blunt. Personally, I appreciate that in a Doctor. If you want someone to chitchat with you and make small talk, better to find someone else. If you appreciate someone who is smart, will spend time with you, and who will answer all questions, go for Dr. Yokoyama.

July 13th, 2012
very professional and understanding
Understands patients.Good listener.Trust worthy.Concerns about patients health.Very cool :)Very good doctor.

April 15th, 2012
Understanding and compassionate. Highly recommend !!!
In my opinion Dr. Yokoyama is a true professional and his follow up is very thoughtful and his concern is genuine.The Dr. is knowledgeable as well as a good listener.In short I am 100% satisfied with his services and his expertise and recommend him in the highest regard.

March 19th, 2012
Very Rude and Unprofessional
It's easy to see why it was easy to get an appointment with Dr. Yokoyama with little or no notice. This doctor was very rude and actually told me not to come back to see him. He seemed more interested in lecturing me and telling me how smart he was than actually listening to my complaints and trying to come up with a diagnosis. I had several issues to discuss and he told me he didn't have enough time for me and that I should make another appointment and not with him. Very rude and inconsiderate of patents' time, fact that we pay to see them. Also, told me that he couldn't help me because my simple issue was "beyond the scope of his experience." Gee... thanks a lot for nothing but a terrible experience. Do not treat with this doctor. You will be disappointed.

December 8th, 2011
Failed to diagnose me
I came to the doctor Yokoyama when I was sick for 10 days, after a course of antibiotic, wheezing, lightheaded, tired. He just gave me another antibiotic prescription and sent me away saying that if antibiotics fail to help then maybe I need an xray. Needless to say, I ended up in urgent care the next day where I was lucky to meet a smarter doctor who ordered blood test and xray and diagnosed me with mono. I haven't met such an uncaring and unprofessional doctor who fails to do the basic things in a looong time.

July 23rd, 2011
prompt and professional
Dr. Yokoyama is a no-nonsense guy who seems to care both about your health and your time.

June 6th, 2009
Great Doctor!

May 21st, 2009
Quality care, takes the time and reviews all issues. Understanding and compassionate. Highly recommend!!!