Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Blames the patient  |  show details
by Carroll M on Nov 20th, 2013

Failed to recognize nerve entrapment as my source of pain after a surgery he performed. Jumped to the conclusion that I had a bladder infection (no urine test to confirm). Then, after an examination, changed his mind when he could not figure out why I was in such pain and told me I had an STD (but again took no cultures). "What have you been DOING??" he asked accusingly, as if I were some teenager caught in the back seat of a car with a boyfriend. I suffered months of pain, expensive tests, and corrective follow up surgery.

|  Horrible OB/GYN  |  show details
by Crystal D on Sep 11th, 2013

I have no idea why Ballas is in the top OBGYN category!?! He is the absolute worse doctor , if you even want to call him a doctor. After I got pregnant and started seeing him as my OB , along with the other 2 doctors in his practice which aren't much to be desired for either , he took me off my anti depressant and put me on Zoloft saying that was the ONLY safe anti depressant for pregnant women . WRONG , I could have stayed on what was really helping me instead of having to deal with severe depression . Ballas has the worst bed side manner and will tell you " deal with it" if your having any problems during your pregnancy.... What kind of doctor who honestly cares would say that?! The staff has no care for you, your baby and your concerns . I waited for over 2 hrs , at Westminster office, even though I had an appointment . Being a high risk pregnancy and seeing their treatment toward me I feel horrible for those other women who aren't high risk ! I know the treatment I got and saw how they treated other women in the office , all of them staff and doctors are just rude and couldn't care less about any one but themselves !

|  show details
Nov 14th, 2012

Dr. Ballas is a very good surgeon. Went to him for a second opinion after my gyn for over 10 yrs wanted to do an open hysterectomy. Dr. Ballas offered me a much better alternative with the DaVinci surgery. I was back to work in 2 weeks. His bedside manner was awesome. He was very caring. I would highly recommend him.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

Dr. Ballas is the most professional, caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. I was incredibly nervous my first visit, as I had avoided coming to the gyn for 4 years. He took time to calm me down. Excellent care.

|  Just the facts..  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

I had endometrial ablation therapy and it was quick and easy for the most part. I was prepared with date and approximate time to schedule my appt. and I was pleased with the outcome. I appreciate Dr Ballas and the time he had given me for questions and concerns.

|  Poor Office Staff  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Office staff is rude and unprofessional. I had to a scheduled appointment and waited an hour after my appointment time before I was seen. The office staff acts as if you are bothering them and appear to be incompetent.

|  Downhill  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Ballas for 18 years and I am VERY disappointed in the care I have received in the last 3 months; phone calls not returned, rude office staff that made me feel like I was bothering them, and time that the doctor spent with me was short and rude. I havent seen this in the previous years but its apparently time to move on.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2012

Office staff failed to see me sitting there until after 40 mins had passed and I had even signed in right in front of them present. I had to call 3 times for my test results and never did get to speak to Dr. Ballas. He is very kind but his attention was divided when I was in exam room. He got pages and phone calls. This is NOT a professional practice, sad to say. Had similar experience with one of his partners, Dr. C, who on the first visit hardly gave me the time of day. Do not recommend under any circumstance.

|  Terrible Office Staff  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

The office staff is the worst. I have called several times and every time they act as if I am bothering them and the doctor is too busy to deal with my questions.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

super doctor, the only one of the 7 I explained my problem to who really listened and offered suggestions. Excellent bed-side manner

|  Excellent Dr.  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

After years of having issues, Dr. Ballast was the only one who took the time to understand the issue. He was wonderful and caring and made certain myself and my husband completely understood the proceedure. He even helped by meeting both of us to discuss the pros and cons of the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ballast to anyone who is having GYN issues.

|  Going downhill  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

Dr. Ballas has been my OB/GYN for almost 20 years now. He is very personable and has great bedside manners. He is quite frank about what's going on with you so for some it may be offensive. They are good about calling in prescriptions for you. Over the years, several doctors have been added to his practice and it's even more difficult to get an appointment with any of them which doesn't make much sense to me. They do not follow up with you - even after you contact them about it in some cases. I've waited as long as an hour to have a consult with a doctor in his practice (I think she forgot about me). I will no longer recommend this practice to family and friends. They are inefficient and don't give you all of your options.

|  show details
Aug 8th, 2010

Best OB/Gyn I've ever had. He is excellent in all aspects. Most gentle, caring, and professional OB/Gyn I have had in my 30 years. Delivered both of my children and wouldn't trust anyone else as much as him.