Dr. Christos Ballas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christos Ballas?

Incompetence!

Posted on June 2nd, 2016

I work in the medical field, and this is the most disorganized practice I have ever been to. Dr. Ballas spent most of the time talking about our personal lives and what we do for a living and didn't discuss my pregnancy like I wanted to (this is my first by the way, so I was hoping to get some more insights into that) but whenever I asked about pregnancy related questions, he either brushed them off or got defensive and irritated if I asked about the safety of certain tests (since I know they aren't all 100% safe). I get the sense that he is only happy with you as a patient if you smile and nod at everything he says. The staff are completely incompetent - I always have the first appointment of the day because I figure they can't run behind if you are the first, and I arrive 20 min early and they seat me 20 min late (with NO other patients that walk into the office) - there must have been at least 6-8 staff members there joking around in the back drinking coffee and gossiping while we just sat there and listened to them and waited. To date, they have messed up two of my appointments already (and I'm not even through my first trimester). Each appointment takes an hour and a half minimum and you only spend about 10-15 min with the doctor- I can't do that for an entire pregnancy - that's way too many appointments and I have a job for which i will need time off after the baby is born too. When I get back in the room for the ultrasound, the nurse is complaining to me about how the ultrasound machine isn't working and tells me it is "so old that it sometimes has problems". Old, outdated equipment? Sounds great.... I asked some friends who work in the OB-GYN field and they said that they "get a lot of complaints from patients about Dr. Ballas". I guess I picked the wrong doctor....and the wrong practice...I'm really not that picky, and I would rather stay with one practice, but this is just ridiculous. I'm sad to say that I will have to start over with a new practice with better technology and better staff.

Excellent Quality of Care!

Posted on January 18th, 2016

Dr. Ballas is an amazing physician! Leading up to the birth of my son, Dr. Ballas took the time to educate my husband and I, answered all of my questions and listened to all of my concerns. I had to be induced with my son and after 12 hours of labor, I had a C-section. Dr. Ballas eased not only my worries, but my husband's as well. He has a great bedside manner and is an excellent surgeon. When Dr. Ballas changed practices, I knew I HAD to follow him. It was definitely the best decision I have made. Not only am I receiving the best quality of care, but also in an environment that has up-to-date technology. The front desk staff are welcoming and competent. I highly recommend Dr. Ballas to every woman.

Awesome doctor and staff

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

I can see why this Dr. is recommended. He spent so much time explaining things to me, in terms, which I could understand. Speaking to Dr. Ballas is like talking with a friend. He cares so much about woman's health, and it meant so much to me. His staff was very nice and attentive . I do not see doctors in Carroll County, due to previous bad experiences. However, I am certainly going to stay with Dr. Ballas because I completely trust in him and his experience.

Posted on November 14th, 2012

Dr. Ballas is a very good surgeon. Went to him for a second opinion after my gyn for over 10 yrs wanted to do an open hysterectomy. Dr. Ballas offered me a much better alternative with the DaVinci surgery. I was back to work in 2 weeks. His bedside manner was awesome. He was very caring. I would highly recommend him.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on October 11th, 2012

Dr. Ballas is the most professional, caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. I was incredibly nervous my first visit, as I had avoided coming to the gyn for 4 years. He took time to calm me down. Excellent care.

Just the facts..

Posted on October 5th, 2012

I had endometrial ablation therapy and it was quick and easy for the most part. I was prepared with date and approximate time to schedule my appt. and I was pleased with the outcome. I appreciate Dr Ballas and the time he had given me for questions and concerns.

Poor Office Staff

Posted on September 20th, 2012

Office staff is rude and unprofessional. I had to a scheduled appointment and waited an hour after my appointment time before I was seen. The office staff acts as if you are bothering them and appear to be incompetent.

Downhill

Posted on August 30th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Ballas for 18 years and I am VERY disappointed in the care I have received in the last 3 months; phone calls not returned, rude office staff that made me feel like I was bothering them, and time that the doctor spent with me was short and rude. I havent seen this in the previous years but its apparently time to move on.

Unprofessional

Posted on August 5th, 2012

Office staff failed to see me sitting there until after 40 mins had passed and I had even signed in right in front of them present. I had to call 3 times for my test results and never did get to speak to Dr. Ballas. He is very kind but his attention was divided when I was in exam room. He got pages and phone calls. This is NOT a professional practice, sad to say. Had similar experience with one of his partners, Dr. C, who on the first visit hardly gave me the time of day. Do not recommend under any circumstance.

Terrible Office Staff

Posted on March 26th, 2012

The office staff is the worst. I have called several times and every time they act as if I am bothering them and the doctor is too busy to deal with my questions.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on February 16th, 2012

super doctor, the only one of the 7 I explained my problem to who really listened and offered suggestions. Excellent bed-side manner

Excellent Dr.

Posted on October 11th, 2011

After years of having issues, Dr. Ballast was the only one who took the time to understand the issue. He was wonderful and caring and made certain myself and my husband completely understood the proceedure. He even helped by meeting both of us to discuss the pros and cons of the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ballast to anyone who is having GYN issues.