Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
Video profile
400 8th St N
Naples, FL 34102
239-261-5511
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.5862068965517 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He not she  |  show details
by He not She on Apr 5th, 2014

Dr Cugini is a man!

|  Horrible Staff--Primarily the so called Manager Brenda  |  show details
by Sapone, B on May 17th, 2013

Would not release medical records to myself nor my primary care physician without coming in for another wasted office visit. Horrible staff and service last 2 visits waited over 1 hour and 15 minutes.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2013

I have given it 2 years with dr cugini. He seems like he is a great guy, but he didnt help me at all. I always felt like i was being rushed out of the room during an office visit. The office was a problem from the beginning, they are nice but very unorganized, and you dont ever get an appointment. Just on the whole it hasnt been a good experience for me. I have finally had enough and im changing doctors...finally. Im just disappointed because all over town i heard dr cugini was the best, that scares me. )=

|  Insanity  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

You never get a live person when you call so you have to leave a message and most of the time they don't call you back. Seems others have posted the same experience here and other sites. His nurse is abrupt, rude,uncaring and she doesn't listen angain this seems to be a known problem with this office His office always runs behind and you feel rushed in your appointment. Gave this place more than a chance but always the same result.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, the building that i am in is an old and at one point there was a problem with an old "party line" that the phone company was supposed to have fixed 3 times already and a lot of our messages were diverted to a dead line so we were unaware that this was happening. In general, our office calls people back within 24 hours as stated in our office policies. There are only 4 endocrinologist in Naples and we need at least double that. We are trying our best to care for our patients that we can. BTW Endocrinologists, even though we are specialists do not get paid more than an internist even though we see more complicated patients and have more training.

|  fantastic  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

I find Dr. Cugini to be very professional and caring. I was in the hospital on two separate occasions, through emergency. Dr. Cugini saw me every day to make sure my medicine was correct even though the surgery was not his. My hospital stay was not brief, but he came every day. I still am a patient and will continue to be.

Aug 7th, 2012

Dr. Cugini has always been very pleasant and shows concern. He also listens well and diagnosis is spot on.His nurseing staff are just super!I highly recomment Dr. CuginiRobert A. Guth

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

He was my Endocrinologist in Port Charlotte and I miss him.

|  Not worth it  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

Staff doesn't answer the phone and they don't return calls. The place is totally unorganized and rude.Stood in the hall for 45 minutes waiting for his nurse to get around to helping me. To many choices to subject myself any longer.

|  Wish He Was Still My Doctor  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

Unfortunately he moved away from my area. That was several years ago and I still haven't found a doctor I trust or like. He spent alot of time with me trying to figure out what was going on. I finally got a correct diagnosis and treatment. Just wish I lived where he now practices.

|  Poor Staff  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Cugini is a fine doctor and a fine person, who provides good care to his patients. His staff is another story -- disorganized, and rude. His staff's attitude reminds me of people in New York, a place I was happy to leave behind.

|  no one ever called me back when i left a message  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

i called the office for three weeks to get an appointment then when i finally got someone on the phone they put me on hold for 30 minutes andthe line kept getting disconnected. So now i have to find another Dr that will accept my insurance and start all over because I needed to be seen immediately

|  All doctors s/b like Dr.Cugini  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

How in the world is he the only one who truly can lower the complications and overtime make diabetes disappear from the body.

Dec 1st, 2011

I live 45 minutes from this office. I found an endcrinologist closer to my home and asked for my records. The rude nurse advised if I leave the office for another doctor I could never use Dr Cugini gain. No great lose

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, some people interpret things this way. and have to make comments like this.

Feb 7th, 2011

I was recommended to Dr. Cugini by a well known physician in the area and am very glad that I was. Dr. Cugini spends as much time with you as is required.

|  Wish he was still in my area  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

I saw Dr. Cugini when he was on the East Coast of Florida. Now that he is no longer here, I live in Port Saint Lucie, I can't seem to get good care. I am having terrible problems and tons of tests but feeling horrible and defeated. I wish he was still here. I need a good Endocrinologist.

|  THE BEST !!!  |  show details
by Katherine La Rocco on Jun 25th, 2010

Dr. Chris Cugini saved my life. It is due to his rapid diagnossis and immediate and agressive treatment that I survived and am recovered today. He visited me every day in the hospital and his cheerfull and caring demeanor brightened my day and helped me thru times of dispair. Dr Cugini saved my life. Thank You

May 4th, 2010

very caring family doctor great bedside manner

|  Will Not Be Seeing Him Again.  |  show details
by 32 with hypothyroidism on Apr 28th, 2010

the way home.<p>His Office help proves to be just as bad as Dr. Cugini's professionalism & compassion (or lack there of). They rarely answer calls, and seem to Never return messages from patients. <p>I since have gone to a different doctor, am doing MUCH better. And, ... FYI,... have found some additional & alternative help through a good acupuncturist & Chinese herbalist. .... Try it - It actually helps.

Doctor's Response

Since I am the only endocrinologist who still rounds at any hospital from Naples to Cape coral and also take most of the insurances, we are very busy. We give each patient our office policies which they sign and we keep on the chart. This policy states that we will return phone calls within 24 hours. Many people get angry with a 30 minute wait for a call. Many times it is for issues such as appointments etc. Also, if you notice people who get mad try to attack you and the ones who like you don't go online but send their friends and keep coming back.

|  The Truth  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

Most Endos will only prescribe brand name Synthroid as opposed to the generic. This is due to the fact that generic is not absorbed as well as the brand name Synthroid. Giving a patient generic will actually affect the patient more due to the inconsistent absorption therefore causing the patient to not be stable and feel worse. This is probably the correct reason for writing brand name only, due to proper patient care. I very highly doubt it was because of your cahoot idea.I am also a patient of Dr. Cugini's and I think he is wonderful! His staff is also very hard working and very efficient. I don't know what you did to them.

|  Maybe has new staff now  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2010

I too had issues with staff not returning calls and following up on prescriptions. That was a year ago so maybe the Dr. has new staff now. For some reason he is against using generic thyroid medicine and only prescribes Synthroid which is more expensive. I hope it's not because he's in cahoots with the pharmaceutical rep!

|  you are rude and unprofessional  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2010

No I would not recomend...

|  Irving Katz  |  show details
by Irving Katz on Dec 29th, 2009

I was reluctant to travel from my home in Boca Raton to Naples for an appointment to see Dr.Cugini. A recommendation from my friend Herb Slutsky. But after two years of being treated by Dr.Cugini my diabetes medication dose has been cut by 80%. I feel energy and my wife says I never looked better. Thanks Chris.

|  Now there observing his treatment toward diabetics  |  show details
by Dr. Ramie Perosi on Nov 15th, 2009

Since I retired twenty years ago I have been spending alot of time in Naples Fl. where I now reside. Dr Cugini's reputation has grown so much for his aggressive treatment on people who are diabetics that it has recieved national attention. Drs are now listening and observing what he does. God Bless you Dr Cugini

by Tired mom on Oct 12th, 2009

Dr. Cugini was highly recommended to me by a friend and I can see why. He took a long time to listen to my concerns and ask appropriate questions. He came up with a plan of action that I understood and am comfortable with. I finally have hope that I can start to feel better.

May 29th, 2009

Really believe Dr. Christi Cugini is a very poor Dr.

Doctor's Response

Out of the 4000 patients that I have I think it is pretty good that only a few don't like how I practice. Most are very happy with my care and don't go out of there way to find a site on the internet to report this because they are content. Those who think I should run my practice the way they think it should be run or didn't like my recommendations make an effort to berate me. Most of the physician's in our community refer their family members to me and many of the employees (nurses, physical therapists etc) choose to have me as their doctor - I believe this speaks volumes

|  Best on the east coast..  |  show details
by AL on Feb 26th, 2009

Dr Christy was incredible in helping me control my condition. His knowledge in endocronolgy is remarkable. I followed his program and feel much better. I want to also acknowledge his staff for their proficiency. Don't hesitate to see Dr. Cugini.

|  WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
by JC on Aug 28th, 2008

THIS MAN WAS COCKY &amp; ARROGANT. HIS STAFF MUCH WORSE. HIS RECEPTIONIST ALWAYS SPOKE TO ME W/MUCH DISRESPECT &amp; REFUSED TO SCHEDULE TESTING FOR ME &amp; I WAS ONLY SEEN IN THIS OFC 4 TIMES! NEVER THE SAME NURSE @ EA. VISIT. DR.CUGINI ACTED LIKE IT WAS SUCH A PROBLEM TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR SPEAK W/ME BY PHONE. HIS RECEPTIONIST VIRGINIA ACTUALLY STARTED A CONFRONTATION W/ME ON MY 4TH VISIT WHILE I WAS IN HER BOSSES OFC COMPLAINING &amp; THE WHOLE CHAIN (UPPER STAFF) CONDONES BAD BEHAVIOR AND LET HER GET AWAY W/IT STATING THAT IT WAS B/C SHES FROM NY! UNBELIEVABLE! I TOLD HER BOSS THATS NO EXCUSE TO TREAT PTS POORLY. NO ONE CARED. RICHARD ESTES THE BOSS OVER VIRGINIA'S BOSS BACKED THEM AS WELL I'VE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO RUDELY, SO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS DR, THERE ARE BETTER DR.'S OUT THERE. I KNOW SEE DR. VARGAS AND SHE IS VERY CARING AND TAKES TIME WITH YOU TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. THIS OFFICE HOW EVER IS NOT WORTH THE DIRT GROUND I WALK ON.

Doctor's Response

This particular patient called and asked to be seen for free because her insurance was canceled. I agreed to help her for free. At the end of the visit she showed me a prescription from her primary doctor for a CT scan. She asked if we could order it for her and I agreed. My secretary didn't remember that she didn't have insurance and as is the procedure nowadays she asked for the patient's insurance so that she could get the procedure pre approved. At that simple question the patient became irate. She came into the office and wanted everyone fired. It got to the point that we had to have a restraining order placed on her. After all that, she called back to make sure we were not going to charge her for her free office visit

|  Think Twice about visiting Cugini  |  show details
by Robert on Apr 11th, 2008

WOuld truly think twice about using this Doctor. Aside from him taking little time to speak with his patients. His staff has to be the worst in SW Florida that I have ever encountered. Does not return calls. Can never get him to answer a question via telephone.

Doctor's Response

There are people who call to get questions answered when they have an appointment in a day or two. Every patient knows that I review all lab and x-ray reports as they come in. I schedule tests to be done a week or 2 before the office visit for that reason. We call for any critical abnormalities. The rest of the results can wait until the visit. These people usually get their results and then cancel their office visits jilting the doctor. Either way my nurse stays in our office hours after I am gone and checks every message and returns all calls many times consulting with me first. Every message is answered by the end of the day. The funny thing about this person's comment is that my reputation is that I am one of the few who does spend time explaining things and my staff asks me why I spend so much time in the room with the patient. If necessary I draw diagrams, bring in text books or print up material to help the patient understand.