A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christy McAvoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christy McAvoy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christy McAvoy, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. McAvoy graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. McAvoy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- New York Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McAvoy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- WellCare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 18 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Christy A. McAvoy practice?
Dr. Christy McAvoy practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecology, and Obstetrics near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY.
See Brooklyn Obstetricians & Gynecologists.