Dr. Christy Russell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christy Russell?

Solved My Puzzle

Posted on June 30th, 2017

I met Dr. Russell in 2012 when she worked at USC and one of my surgeon's in the San Fernando Valley said I needed chemo. We were referred to her by Dr. Art Ulene. Dr. Marrow at Tarzana Hospital removed my breast and 18 lymph nodes. Then I went to an oncologist in Tarzana and he wanted me to have 8 chemo treatments. We then contacted Dr. Russell and she called me and said she wanted my permission from my doctor to send tissue sample. I agreed and then she sent it to Redwood City to do the oncotype DX. She again called me about a month later and said that I wasn't a candidate for chemo. She told me I didn't have to go see her but I wanted to meet her. God bless Dr. Russell. Then in 2016 I was in the hospital for 40 days total and Dr. Alcantar from UCLA went over my medical records and contacted Dr. Russell to discuss my condition and he thought he knew what I had. He diagnosed me with HLH a rare disease and treated me with various treatments, chemo, bone marrow test and dialyzes treatments. I decided I wanted to go home and was put on hospice. My husband got 24 hour care for me at home. and had physical therapy. Beginning of this year I went back to my infectious disease doctor, Dr. Miriam Blaketary and she was shocked how I progressed. She told me to see the movie "Miracles from Heaven," which she said was my story also. I am so thankful to all my doctors and especially Dr. Russell and Dr. Alcantar.

Posted on October 3rd, 2016

Sought out Dr. Russell for a second opinion. She exuded so much confidence -- NOT arrogance -- in her ability to help me, I decided, within minutes to become her patient. She's warm without smothering you and completely no nonsense. Oh, yes, and she really knows her stuff. She takes an even keel approach to treatment too. Can't speak highly enough of Dr. Russell.

Saved my life from stage 4 cancer

Posted on October 5th, 2014

Hi Christy, you were so comforting throughout my treatment and bone marrow transplant 20 yrs ago. I've been cancer free ever since!i I never called a Dr by her first name, however, that shows your great humility as well. You always welcomed me with your warm smiles and hugs when I needed them. I moved to San Diego and my new oncologist said you are a genius! Thank you so much again.

God send

Posted on November 8th, 2013

I have been with Dr. Russell since 2001. She treated me for breast cancer a USC Norris. She is the best doctor I've had. I'm still seeing her have been cancer free and will continue to keep her. She is always so caring and concerned about every spect of my life. I can't sy enough good about this wonderful woman! I luv her, she has been a God send.

patient

Posted on August 2nd, 2013

If you are looking for an oncologist who is very knowledgeable, very caring and thoughtful, Dr. Russell is the one. I have been her patient for almost three years, she always makes me feel very privileged and blessed. She is reachable wherever in the world she is. Knowing I was anxious to get my CA 27 29 results, she emailed me as soon as she checked into her hotel in Singapore. That is how she is, always very prompt to the patients' needs.

Genuine concerns for patient

Posted on May 27th, 2011

Dr. Russell has a genuine concern for my cancer. She is very patient to answer my endless doubts and questions. She answers all my questions from her I phone promptly no matter where in the world she is. She is very organized and seems to know my case history by heart. She is flexible as long as it has best interest for me. She is very open minded and warm. Visiting her always pumps up my spirit.She calculates my case with my personal profile and not just by the numbers available .

Dr. Christy Russell

Posted on March 26th, 2011

There are, unfortunately, very few doctors left like Dr. Christy Russell. Her bedside manners are excellent and she always has an open link of communication. I consider myself very lucky in having her as my oncologyst. Being diagnosed with cancer was a terrible experience, but somehow Dr. Russell made it sound, not easy, but very manageable. I've had many questions, while I'm at home or out of town and all I have to do it send an email to Dr. Russell and I will, undoubtably, get a response within 24 hours. She is amazing!! Very thorough, very approachable and very professional. She has the patience of Joeb. And, she is absolutely, without a doubt, the most stylish oncologyst ever!! :)

Yes - The One to See if You Have Breast Cancer

Posted on May 31st, 2010

Never late for an appointment. Takes the time to ensure the visit is thorough and that all your needs are met. Asks questions and listens intently. Honest, reassuring, comforting, professional. Dr Russell has a sparkle that brings ease to a very nervous visit.

Posted on August 19th, 2017