Pediatrician

Charles Henderson Child Health
1300 Highway 231 S
Troy, AL 36081
334-566-7600
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Lawrence  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

We have 2 children seeing Dr. Lawrence now. As a MD he is very knowledgeable and has raised many children of his own. My son really loves visiting and we trust his advice. I have never felt he was condescending, in fact he seems to respect parents who are inquisitive. He may seem a bit quirky to some people but I like that in a doctor, it shows intelligence. Also, my wife is a bit of a worrier so we have called many times and gotten in next day. Overall he's a great doctor. Did i give him 4 stars? No, but that because of administrative challenges that face any Dr's Office. The clinic has a large patient load but i do feel we have his full attention when seeing him. We do not feel rushed.

|  show details
Jun 18th, 2011

I came to Dr. Lawrence for a test follow up when my son was 5 days old. I drove an hour specifically to see him because I had heard good things. Unfortunately I have nothing nice to say. He did not wash his hands at all before touching my newborn's umbilical cord! He did not even ask and had no reason I might add. My son was in my arms and we were only there for a blood test! Dr. Lawrence was VERY combative with me; sitting very close, wide legged with his hand on his hip and was so condescending. He sat so close that his huge belly touched me twice! He is very unhealthy looking and obese as well. Lastly when I got upset about him being unsanitary, he had the audacity to ask me if I had postpartum!