Dr. Chukwuma Onyewu MD Patient Reviews

April 25th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr Obi is an amazing doctor! He takes time to listen to your concerns and does the best he can with providing solutions to your pain. He has excellent bedside manners and treats his patients like family and not just numbers.

March 3rd, 2016
Doesn't listen to side effects... convinces other doctors to follow his ideas!
I clearly was having side effects from a pain medication he switched me to. He ignored them and gave unreasonable explanation. Now off drug, they have immediately halted. Each time I tried to talk about non chemical avenues, he would add medications to "help" deal with the side effects. If you are a long term pain patient who has integrity and is making progress besides your doctors... do not see this man. He will fight with you on every point and exhaust you with theories because he doesn't wish to do anything that is being "politically" debated. He would rather keep heaping chemicals on you and avoid your pleas. He calls after hours when you are in trouble... if you miss the call, he leaves a message to call back, but, of course it is now not possible. My first appointment took 3 hours to see him and was out after 4.5 hours of entire vist!

July 14th, 2015
Dr. O is absolutely amazing. He's the only Dr. Who actually LISTENS to what I'm saying. He doesn't rush. He makes sure ALL of your concerns addressed. For the initial visit, depending on your issue, it may take up to 2hrs. i asked him about this & he said some patients, who are seen 4 the 1st time may have complex or complicated medical history. I was one of those patients. At 1st before i actually saw him i was bothered by the length of time spent w/the person before me, when my turn came, i completely & absoLUTELY understood. Hes thorough & wants each patient to receive the best possible theraputic care. For instance, what have you tried? What worked? What didn't?, etc. Again, a 2hr. visit wont apply to everyone. it was well worth the wait. I do have one problem, they don't like answering the phone. If there was a rating for that I'd give them an "F".

January 21st, 2015
Outstanding, Understanding, Focused on patient, Answered all questions, Indepth explanation of procedures, Referred to Specialist when necessary..... Great Doctor!!!!!

August 1st, 2013
Patient
Dr. Obi is a compassionate Doctor. He is able to empathize with me the client. Dr. Obi attempts to do all he can do to alleviate as much as the pain I am experiencing. If it were not for Dr. Obi listening to me I do not know how I would be able to cope with my physical ailments. I respect him and look forward to continue to allow him to assist me in any way he can so that I hopefully can reach my maximum potential.

May 18th, 2013
Should never practice medicine ever again. Went in his office to have a simple procedure done an ablation on my neck and ended up in the hospital.

March 20th, 2013
not supportive of your medical needs
This doctor does not support your disability. He don't treat you as a patient but as whatever insurance you may have. He does not honor the patient doctor relationship.

November 22nd, 2010
Very compassionate, I had to wait almost 1 hour but he spent more time examining me and explaining the diagnosis and treatment than any prior physician. I left feeling that he genuinely cared about me and confident that he could take care of the problem. I would highly recommend him, he has been one of my best experiences with a physician...ever!