A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Chung Owyang:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Chung Owyang, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Esophageal Motility Disorders (Dysmotilities)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Owyang graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Owyang has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Owyang accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans