Dr. Chunxiao Zhang DO Patient Reviews

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Christiansburg, VA

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2016
Very up to date. Tracy Buchanan is also very good. Cannot say enough good about them or the office staff

March 23rd, 2015
Residential Provider

January 8th, 2014
Nice Dr. Terrible Staff
So far, we like Dr. Zhang. She was very pleasant, knowledgeable and spent time listening to our concerns. The secretary, however, is a piece of work! She'll watch people trying to open the locked bathroom door without offering to give them the key, she'll ignore people standing at the reception window . She communicates in short, rude sarcastic quips. During our phone conversation I thought she was just having a bad day but upon visiting the office it soon became apparent that she has perfected this attitude over a long period of time. She is very ill suited for her position . A little less barking and a little more wagging would go a looong way in that office!

November 30th, 2012
Dr. Zhang seems very knowledgeable, but she is very rude and uncaring along with her reception staff. I have called her several times as a patient with serious questions and issues with migraines and she never calls me back. On the rare occasion when she did return my call once, she was very abrupt and abrasive on the phone and acted as though it was not her job to answer my questions or help me in any way outside of an office visit.I am totally taken back by her unprofessionalism and total lack of caring and compassion towards her patients. I would recommend seeking another neurologist if you have to be referred in the SWVA area. All she seems to care about is getting paid for her office visits, not actually helping patients.

January 28th, 2010
Nice lady, but.......
Dr. Zhang speaks English better than I do Chinese. Nevertheless, she is very hard to understand. Worse, though, is that she is peremptory, interrupting often. Not knowing what the patient is saying, she makes guesses. I would too, if I were in China--however I'm not, nor am I a Doctor. I depend on her to understand me, and I to understand her: for not only my health, but for my life. A recent visit revealed she did not know what PTSD is (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) or that a MEG (Magnetic Electro-Encephalogram--pardon my spelling) could disclose the disorder. She is, after all, a Neurologist, and as a professional, is to keep up with new discoveries. She became rude and insolent when I pressed her for help.I also explained to her that I am in pain, sometimes severely: she offered no RX, nor even a sample of Ibuprofen to aid me. See me in 4 months? Forget it.I'll find a real Doc. And her receptionist seems to work hard at being unpleasant.People, find another neurologist.

October 2nd, 2009
My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers. Dr. Zhang has been very up front and very compassionate. Willing to listen and answered all our questions. She has given us the opportunity to try a medication and try different ideas to help my mother. I really appreciate her time and love my these patients. She has an amazing gift.

January 22nd, 2017