Pediatricians, Adolescent Specialist
Sound Shore Medical Center
1415 Boston Post Rd
Larchmont, NY 10538
914-833-1502
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  competent doctor, mean person  |  show details
by Marie H. on Mar 22nd, 2014

We used Dr. Hartz for a few years. She is a good diagnostician. But she is just mean (not just a lack of "warm and fuzzy" but intensely mean). There is no other word for the way she treats patients and parents. And the receptionist? She rolls her eyes during every phone call and she and Dr. Hartz stand there speaking rudely about other patients in front of the ones waiting! Yes, we can see you. The only good thing about this practice is that you can get sick visits quickly, but I am guessing that is because her patient roster is slowly diminishing as parents decide they would actually like to be treated with some respect.

Mar 11th, 2014

The most memorable aspect of my visit was that I specifically chose a female doctor but when I got there it became clear that Cindi was actually a man. A very stern man with probable erectile disfunction.

Nov 24th, 2013

Cindi Hartz is really, really mean and rude. I have never met a more terrible person. I doubt that her new marriage with last very long.

|  Never again  |  show details
by parent on Oct 17th, 2013

Went therer once. Old practice, no computerized system. Not very warm front desk personnel and neither is she. Brief examination. No nasal flu shots, with scared both kids. She didn't ask if the kids were left or right-handed but went straight to the right arm, I asked her to switch to the left. She briefly wiped again with the same (!) swap and then injected. The flu shot side got infected with cellulitis warranting a visit to the ER in the middle of the night. Never saw an infected flu shot, even the ER pediatricians were amazed and showed it to their colleagues. Sloppy work, do not go there.

Sep 17th, 2013

You would think a pediatrician would be warm and kind....not the case here. Dr. Hartz is cold and unfriendly. She does not make much effort to calm nervous children or put them at ease during appointments. She is abrupt and answers parent questions with attitude - unacceptable, as there are no dumb questions at a doctor's office. My 7 year old begged me for another dr. The staff is equally indifferent and the receptionist is awful. Do Not Bring Your Kids Here. Location is convenient if you live in Larchmont, but be advised that they expect you to pay by cash of check for all services before you leave. That's right, no credits cards. I was given a ton of attitude when I did not have enough cash on me and no checkbook. I actually had to go to the bank and bring my sick son back to the office. Why they couldn't bill me , who knows. I am happy to say that we found a great doc in Rye.

Jul 8th, 2013

Dr. Hartz has been the pediatrician for my 3 kids for over 12 years. She is not warm and fuzzy. Simply, that's not who she is. She is an excellent doctor. My kids have seen her for everything possible (or so it seems) and she has referred us to specialists when appropriate. When a child is sick, no matter what, she will see the child that same day. We don't take our kids there for espresso and warm/fuzzies; we take them there for medical excellence. My oldest is now going away to college, and she will soon "graduate" from Dr. Hartz's care. It will be difficult to find a replacement for Dr. Hartz for my daughter!

|  pediatrician that needs better bedside manners  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

i needed a pediatrician for a sick visit--dr hartz' office was accommodating but everything thereafter was less than sub-par. the office was busy but she should at least made eye contact with me when explaining my child's diagnosis and treatment plan. needless to say, i am going elsewhere next time.....

|  Excellent pediatrician!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr Hartz is an excellent pediatrician and will not hesitate to refer to a specialist when needed. She has been our pediatrician for all three of our children for years. She is very efficient and professional and the children feel at ease talking with her. This becomes increasingly important as they advance into adolescence.

Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr Hartz is very patient with my two boys and is always accessible after hours and on weekends. While not known for her bedside manner, she is certainly attentive and knowledgable to the kids and thats all that matters. Have had numerous experiences from stitches to viruses and when my latest was a newborn. I recommend her

Nov 3rd, 2011

We recently moved to the area and chose this pediatrician mainly because she is walking distance from our place. My husband and I took our boys to their first doctors visit so that we can meet the doctor and ask her a few questions but felt rushed and it also didnt help that the staff is really rude. We decided to give it another try, but the second time was actually worse for us. We decided not to try a third time and have switched pediatricians since. But we are happy to report that the new pediatrician is working out great!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

Dr Hartz is our doctor for my 2 children. It's easy to get my kids an appointment when they are sick. Dr. Hartz is calm, cool and in control when dealing with issues. The manner of the office (doctor and staff included) is not exactly warm and fuzzy, but they are professional, and I imagine they are dealing with a lot of patients and paperwork trying to make a solo practice work with all the obstacles with the current US health care system. I know my kids are in good hands when under Dr. Hartz's care, so I am happy, and would like to keep it that way.

|  Ecxellent pediatrician  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2010

Dr Hartz is an excellent physician and has been taking care of all 3 of my children for 17 years...my college kids still see her. Always calls back imediately and genuinely cares about your child. Not an alarmist but refers to other medical profssionals when necessary and appropriate. she knows her patients!!

May 18th, 2010

Very rude nurse. very abrupt and intolerant of my 18 month old. nurse actually rolled her eyes at my daughter and was visably annoyed when she did not stay still long enough to be measured.

Oct 1st, 2009

excellent physician..would highly recommend her