Dr. Cindy Fortado-Clark MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 11 reviews

April 7th, 2016
I never feel like I am rushed during the appt. Dr Fortado Clark has helped me to understand my memory issues and without feeling like I am 'stupid' or can't remember anything .

November 21st, 2015
Horrible 1st Impression
I am still lucky enough to still be working at my age and trying to schedule appointments can sometime be an issue for me, not wanting to jeopardize my employment. I was able to get an appointment with little difficulty, but the appointment setter was less than personable. This should have been an alarm for me. Getting to my appointment was a bit of a challenge due to some road construction on my way and having never been to the office before I was not exactly sure where I was going. I was requested to arrive half an hour prior to my appointment and with the road construction and getting a little turned around in finding the office I arrived 10 minutes late. I stood waiting for a good 5 minutes waiting for the office manager (according to her name badge) to finish up with a previous patient. When it was my turn I was greeted with destine and asked, "where you not asked to show up 1/2 an hour before you scheduled time?" I stated yes, explained my situation and that I did try to call while sitting in traffic when it appeared I would be late. She stated, "oh that was you who called. I got a heavy sigh as the office manager picked up the phone, made the call and right in front of me as if I were deaf, to the person on the other end of the line, "guess who just showed up!" I was told to wait to see if the doctor would still see me. After waiting an additional 5 minutes for a response I was told I would not be able to see the doctor as she did not want to be off schedule. Now I was only 10 minutes late, I waited for 10 minutes and to be honest belittled during that time just to be told my time was not as valuable as the doctor's and I would have to reschedule. I was handed some paperwork; which I could of been working on while we were waiting for a response form the back office, and was told I could fill this out at home and bring in next time. (Yeah right). I may have to go back to that office due to the insurance I have, but you can bet I am not going to see Dr. Fortado Clark - I will select another doctor from the list and hopefully will not have to deal with the person in the front office I had to deal with on this visit. My initial impression of the doctor and the staff (office manager) was less than good and to be treated like I was, was downright insulting. Dr. Clark maybe a very good doctor, I will never know as I will be looking for a different doctor based on the way I was treated. If this is a sample of their approach to health care, count me out. The office staff needs an attitude adjustment. We all have stresses in our life, but when you are so overt in expressing your frustrations you maybe should consider another career path. If it were possible to give something less than a star I would defiantly award that. These people need to understand we are also basically interviewing them and forming opinions and there are other options out there for us to choose from.

November 10th, 2014
Unable to diagnose
I had a tumor in my abdominal muscle. She told me that the lump was not in my ab muscle, she didn't know what it was and to come back in a month. I went back, had some inconclusive tests run and after each she wanted to wait another month and see it if it goes away on it's own. After a few months of this, I finally convinced her to send me to a surgeon who quickly diagnosed me and removed the tumor.

May 25th, 2014
Caring
My husband and I have gone to Dr Clark for a couple of years. She listens carefully, asks lots of questions and seems to really care. I'm very picky when it comes to Doctors and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Her office nurse is also excellent and very personable.

July 4th, 2013
Run
I really dont know where to start. this doctor almost seems like the devil sent her to ruin people's lives. She does not treat her patients the way they need to be, her diagnosis are very inaccurate, and if you tell her your treatment is not working, she will not change it. I had been struggling for acne for some time. And the treatment she ggave me did not only fail, but made my conditions worst. now, i finally changed my primary doctor, and due to my worsened skin, i now have to go through therapy to remove my scarring and acne

May 29th, 2013
Idiot
this doctor does not know what the heck she is doing. I cant remember when the last time her diagnosis was actually correct. She does not listen to anything you say and always tries to say that you are wrong about what has been going on with you. On top of that, you will get her to bury her own grave before she treats you. She waists time arguing, and looks at you like you are an idiot. She has been giving me the same treatment that has not been working for atleast the past two years. Not only that but the medications for the treatment is making matters worst, and she has just recently reluctantly agreed to consider changing the treatment method. i think you get my point

April 22nd, 2013
awful experience!
Dr Clark did my twins 4 yr checkup, they were premature and my son has had numerous medical issues and developmental delays, she did not even care to hear the list of concerns I had for him, she had some absurd reasoning for his delays, pretty much stating he was fine and that he would know these things if I worked with him, which I DO. I wanted to get him into a neurologist and she was completely against it and suggested getting him into First Steps which is for ages birth to 3 yrs, he will be 4 in a month! she was judgemental, and demeaning. Made her own conceptions about me before we even started talking. I refuse to take my kids there again!

November 5th, 2012
Dr. Clark has been excellent as my primary doctor. She takes the time to truly listen to my complaints and then makes a decision based on all the facts. The only constructive criticism I have is that they could be better in following up with me. Other than that, everyone in her office is wonderful.

October 30th, 2012
excellent physician
Dr. Clark is very knowledgeable and caring. She listens to what I have to say and how my health issue is affecting my life. She explains all treatment options and helps me make the choice that works best for me. She and her staff are always available to answer all of my questions.

September 12th, 2012
As a workmans comp doctor it is painfully obvious that she works for the insurance company and not the patient. I hope she is better at being a primary care doctor because if she treats all of her patients like she does me and my coworkers then she should have been out of business a long time ago!!!

August 12th, 2011
I would not recommend this physician to anyone. She is not knowledgable about medications, or common conditions. It is difficult for a working person to get an appointment unless you take off work, as her hours are very short and inconvenient for the patient. She will not prescribe something with a phone call but insists that you come in to see her so she can bill you. She is morbidly obese and extremely unhealthy looking.