Dr. Cirle Warren MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2013
Dismissive and unhelpful
I was actually scheduled to see one of Dr. Warren's colleagues, but without notifying me, they switched me to see her. I had no idea who she was when she walked in the room. I had wanted to see a Lyme specialist and the head of the department is too important to see patients. His time is spent doing research. I had previously been diagnosed with chronic Lyme, but because the tests were not done at UVa but by a lab Dr. Warren didn't respect, she dismissed my diagnosis altogether and said I just had fibromyalgia (which was my original diagnosis 10 years earlier). Never mind that my current bloodwork, done by a local lab, still showed immune deficiencies. She suggested I see a rheumatologist, and because she'd already decided FMS was my problem, she didn't delve deeper into my symptoms. Upon returning to my primary care doc, and mentioning a recent MRI that showed nothing wrong with a bum knee that surgery could fix, my primary care doc immediately suggested Ehlers-Danlos syndrome due to my loose ligaments and tight tendons. I am scheduled to see a top rheumatologist in Baltimore because no one in Charlottesville seems to have a clue about EDS or seems to want to delve into chronic problems. My visit to Dr. Warren was a complete waste of time. A doctor should not dismiss a prior diagnosis out of hand because she doesn't like the lab that analyzed the bloodwork. That's just arrogant. Sadly, it's typical of UVa. I have always preferred Martha Jefferson docs and this will be my last time wasting time with a UVa doc.

March 28th, 2012
Top Doctor
Dr. Warren is extremely caring and patient. She certainly knows all elements of her profession but is humble and a very nice person.

October 22nd, 2014