Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Completely Incompetent  |  show details
by Kimberly T. on Mar 13th, 2014

After seeing Bowey for 4 years for routine annual exams and assuming I was completely healthy, I was recently admitted to the ER for severe pain. I have since learned that despite my detailed family history I gave Dr. Bowey about fibroids, I have 7 very large ones that will require a hysterectomy. Had she done her job while she was pretending to examine me every year, I may have been able to remove them laproscopically. I also learned that I have several growths on my thyroid and I am scheduled for a mammogram because my new doctor felt a lump. Bowey has always been inattentive and taken zero interest in my personal health. She is in a rush to get in and out every visit. When I turned 40 I had to ask HER what exams I should be receiving and she seemed exasperated when I kept asking her questions. Her office staff is also rude, and due to errors on their part made me come back on 3 separate visits just to complete one annual exam. She never follows up and my new doctor has been waiting for records from her for several weeks. I would never recommend her to anyone for any reason. Two colleagues used to see her and have since found new doctors for similar reasons. I have never left a negative review for anyone, but I feel it's my duty to warn others about this woman. Beware.

|  patients  |  show details
by Michael and Jessica Harbinson on Nov 29th, 2013

Dr. Bowey has been our primary care physician for the past 15 years. She has always provided us with the best care a physician can give. Dr. Bowey is caring, thoughtful, and has your best interests at heart. WE would strongly recommend Dr. Bowey to any person in need of a primary care physician We need more physicians like Dr. Bowey in this country!!

|  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

Dr. Bowey is an excellent physician who takes the time to listen to me during each patient visit. She is compassionate, thorough, and always follows through. I have recommended Dr. Bowey countless times to my family and friends, and they have all been pleased with her care.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2013

I switched to Dr. Bowey several years ago after experiencing less than stellar service with another doctor. Dr. Bowey is always attentive and friendly and, better yet, seems to remember me from year to year. She is knowledgeable about my health issues and proactive in alerting me well in advance of recommended additions to my check-ups as I age. The few times I have had to call in because of illness or an odd request, she always fits me in quickly, or fulfills the request promptly. I will continue to refer new patients to her and have never heard a complaint from other people I have referred.

|  GREAT Doctor  |  show details
by JQ on Oct 30th, 2013

Dr. Bowey really cares about her patients, she listens to what you have to say and doesn't assume she knows what is going on until you are finished. She has called me to make sure I am doing better. Dr. Bowey is very friendly and patient oriented. She does not prescribe medications unless the are really needed. I have recommended her to lots of my friends and family and they all think she is great. Wonderful doctor!!

|  Poor bedside manner and diagnostics  |  show details
by John K on Jul 29th, 2013

I have never had a "Dr." correlate the patient to the problems in such an absent manner as this "Dr." She seemed to have her own agenda which had NOTHING to do with the problem at hand. . .I was a new patient and she was the first contact with a PCP. I have seen medical students with more insight that her. It just reinforces the fact that the person who graduates LAST in medical school can still be called a Dr.!

|  Assistant to dr. Bowey has made many mistakes use caution  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

My overall experience has been very poor. Dr. Bowey is a good doctor not great. I have had many errors in my reports from her office. I have been put on incorrect medication and now I am suffering for this. Use caution when choosing this doctor. I think she is ok as a doctor however her assistant has made many errors in my paperwork and getting me the proper information.

|  If you like condescending, judgmental doctors, then Dr Bowey is perfect for you.  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

Dr rushed me through my appointment. When going over history, kept being chastised for forgetting to mention certain things in my health history. Nurse brought in a bunch of paperwork after Dr abruptly left the exam room. Didn't go over prescribed meds with me or give me promised referrals until after I demanded to see Dr so we could discuss the meds she was giving me. I was told to wait since she with a patient, which I did. Very rude & condescending when she came back. Dismissed many of my needs for anxiety & pain relief. Called me a user which I am not. I have legitimate pain & scripts to prove it. Would never recommend her to anyone unless they like to be judged & ignored. One of the worst Drs I've ever seen.

|  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I have seen this Dr.For 4 years now . oops my fault,she is not the least bit concerned about me as a patient or my health problems all she seems to know what to do is give out referrals.

|  She really cares...  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

She actually followed up on her word and was very respectful of my time constraints. A great doctor over all...