Dr. Claire Bowey MD Patient Reviews

3.6

September 12th, 2016
Don't see this doctor or go to this practice.
I did not have a good experience with this doctor or this practice. At first, it was good, but eventually Dr. Bowey began to show her temper. She accused me several times of withholding pertinent information from her and not scheduling enough time for refilling prescriptions. I never withheld anything from her and her staff screwed up several times and did not put the right appointment time. I also wait much too long several times and there's much miscommunication in the office. The staff claims they didn't get faxes from other doctors or my pharmacy. Several times important prescriptions were not refilled so I actually had to make a visit to the office to see that this got done. I do not recommend this doctor or this practice.

July 11th, 2016
Excellent Physician
Dr Bowey provides superb medical care and represents well the modern doctor. She listens attentively, encourages your participation, communicates by computer and telephone, respects your input. At all times, she provides a thorough in-office exam and orders tests deemed necessary for an accurate diagnosis. She's sensitive to me as a whole human being and is mindful to develop an on-going relationship. I trust her; I like her; I value her. She has my highest recommendation. The Arcadia office staff and her MA Mayra add to the excellent care they aspire to deliver.

January 29th, 2016
She was always in a hurry.
I saw Dr. Bowey for a couple of years. I never liked her because she was very curt with me and always in a hurry. The only reason I continued to see her was that I loved her physician assistant. She (her p.a.) was very thorough and very sweet. When she left there, I saw Dr. Bowey one more time and of course, she was in a hurry again. As she was leaving the exam room I told her I had one more issue I wanted to ask her about and her words were, "You will will have to make another appointment, I don't have any more time for you today." And, needless to say, that was the last time I saw her. Very cold, very rude and very condescending.

March 13th, 2014
Completely Incompetent
After seeing Bowey for 4 years for routine annual exams and assuming I was completely healthy, I was recently admitted to the ER for severe pain. I have since learned that despite my detailed family history I gave Dr. Bowey about fibroids, I have 7 very large ones that will require a hysterectomy. Had she done her job while she was pretending to examine me every year, I may have been able to remove them laproscopically. I also learned that I have several growths on my thyroid and I am scheduled for a mammogram because my new doctor felt a lump. Bowey has always been inattentive and taken zero interest in my personal health. She is in a rush to get in and out every visit. When I turned 40 I had to ask HER what exams I should be receiving and she seemed exasperated when I kept asking her questions. Her office staff is also rude, and due to errors on their part made me come back on 3 separate visits just to complete one annual exam. She never follows up and my new doctor has been waiting for records from her for several weeks. I would never recommend her to anyone for any reason. Two colleagues used to see her and have since found new doctors for similar reasons. I have never left a negative review for anyone, but I feel it's my duty to warn others about this woman. Beware.

November 29th, 2013
patients
Dr. Bowey has been our primary care physician for the past 15 years. She has always provided us with the best care a physician can give. Dr. Bowey is caring, thoughtful, and has your best interests at heart. WE would strongly recommend Dr. Bowey to any person in need of a primary care physician We need more physicians like Dr. Bowey in this country!!

November 12th, 2013
Dr. Bowey is an excellent physician who takes the time to listen to me during each patient visit. She is compassionate, thorough, and always follows through. I have recommended Dr. Bowey countless times to my family and friends, and they have all been pleased with her care.

November 1st, 2013
Great Doctor!
I switched to Dr. Bowey several years ago after experiencing less than stellar service with another doctor. Dr. Bowey is always attentive and friendly and, better yet, seems to remember me from year to year. She is knowledgeable about my health issues and proactive in alerting me well in advance of recommended additions to my check-ups as I age. The few times I have had to call in because of illness or an odd request, she always fits me in quickly, or fulfills the request promptly. I will continue to refer new patients to her and have never heard a complaint from other people I have referred.

October 30th, 2013
GREAT Doctor
Dr. Bowey really cares about her patients, she listens to what you have to say and doesn't assume she knows what is going on until you are finished. She has called me to make sure I am doing better. Dr. Bowey is very friendly and patient oriented. She does not prescribe medications unless the are really needed. I have recommended her to lots of my friends and family and they all think she is great. Wonderful doctor!!

July 29th, 2013
Poor bedside manner and diagnostics
I have never had a "Dr." correlate the patient to the problems in such an absent manner as this "Dr." She seemed to have her own agenda which had NOTHING to do with the problem at hand. . .I was a new patient and she was the first contact with a PCP. I have seen medical students with more insight that her. It just reinforces the fact that the person who graduates LAST in medical school can still be called a Dr.!

October 29th, 2012
Assistant to dr. Bowey has made many mistakes use caution
My overall experience has been very poor. Dr. Bowey is a good doctor not great. I have had many errors in my reports from her office. I have been put on incorrect medication and now I am suffering for this. Use caution when choosing this doctor. I think she is ok as a doctor however her assistant has made many errors in my paperwork and getting me the proper information.

August 21st, 2012
If you like condescending, judgmental doctors, then Dr Bowey is perfect for you.
Dr rushed me through my appointment. When going over history, kept being chastised for forgetting to mention certain things in my health history. Nurse brought in a bunch of paperwork after Dr abruptly left the exam room. Didn't go over prescribed meds with me or give me promised referrals until after I demanded to see Dr so we could discuss the meds she was giving me. I was told to wait since she with a patient, which I did. Very rude & condescending when she came back. Dismissed many of my needs for anxiety & pain relief. Called me a user which I am not. I have legitimate pain & scripts to prove it. Would never recommend her to anyone unless they like to be judged & ignored. One of the worst Drs I've ever seen.

July 23rd, 2012
I have seen this Dr.For 4 years now . oops my fault,she is not the least bit concerned about me as a patient or my health problems all she seems to know what to do is give out referrals.