Dr. Claire Pouncey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Claire Pouncey?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Claire Pouncey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2013

Clueless

This is hands down the worst doctor I have ever encountered. I encountered Dr. Pouncey a number of years back but at the time was unaware that it was possible towrite reviews on doctors online. 3+ years later we still remember our encounter with this individual My son went to her with issues ranging from substance abuse to various anxieties. I made her quite aware that he had addiction problems with pain medication. At the time I was not entirely versed with addiction and addictive medcations but certainly am now. I now look back at our encounters with this doctor and am completely horrified at how she treated him. Knowing that he had addiction problems she put him on Tramodol (an addictive pain medication) and Klonopin. When I questioned why she would put a known addict on more addictive medication she very rudely told me that she was the doctor and I was not and that she knew what she was doing and gave the impression that I had a lot of nerve questioning her. In the years since I have learned a ton about addiction and these medications were nearly dealy to my son. Needless to say he ended up going to rehab and went through horrible withdrawal from the Klonopin which he was not even aware of before this doctor introduced him to it. No person who calls themself a doctor or even a human being for that matter would prescribe a known addict with these medications if they knew what the heck they were doing. To this day I still do not understand what lead her to treat him in this manner other than to think she just does not have a clue. Down deep I think she knows she is clueless hence the rotten attitude she exhibits to her patients and those who dare question her.

March 29th, 2012

I'm a practicing mental health professional and have gotten excellent care from this very caring and perceptive woman. Since some who see psychiatrists may be seriously disturbed, you have to consider their feedback very carefully. I wanted to add my opinion because I know a lot of mental health professionals and this woman has my deepest respect.

October 18th, 2011

great doctor!

Dr Pouncey is a very perceptive, intelligent, caring psychiatrist. I just read the 2 reviews that were here and I just want people to know that that has not been my experience and I cannot imagine her acting like that ever. Actually, I'm wondering if they were written by the same person. Anyway, I just wanted to put my opinion out there for people to see. I have been seeing Dr Pouncey for the last year and a half and I have found her to be very smart. I am paying a very reasonable rate for a well trained psychiatrist. I definitely recommend her highly.

August 2nd, 2011

Rude Uncaring Condescending Individual

This woman has left me speechless. I've never experienced such a condescending aggressive individual. She began "yelling" at me in her office during a session because my insurance company at the time was not compensating her adequetly. I had full coverage for mental health services through my employer insurance at the time and Claire Pouncey was well aware of what type of insurance I had before hand. The woman was practicing at the Athena Center in Montgomery County PA and the place seemed like it was hurting for money. Wonder why it was so easy to get an appointment with her? Hmmm......

June 7th, 2011

Crazy/ Money hungry/ condescending and should undergo psychiatric care herself

This woman has serious mental issues. I cannot believe how right on the previous poster was in their assesment of this witch! She would verbally abuse me because she hated that my insurance at the time Aetna would low ball her with claim payments. While I know insurance companies are scum and are causing hardship and preventing doctors from staying afloat financially in their practices this woman would grossly over inflate the claims she submitted from what I could see online so I actually don't blame Aetna for only paying out about 20% of what she was seeking for each worthless session. She also basically told me that I was a mess and looked at me like I was a low life because I had problems with Aneorexia and depression and told me that I wasn't aneorexic because my weight never went below 120 lbs. I'm 5'9'' was starving myself for 3 yrs to the point where I had heart problems based on an electrolyte imbalance which was diagnosed by a cardiologist but Im lying that I'm aneorexic. This irresponsible/manipulative/ reckless, unprofessional person needs treatment for some kind of bipolar disorder herself. Words cannot begin to describe how truly disturbed this woman is. Please do not seek out this woman or send your teenage daughters to her practice.

January 31st, 2011

Real Concerns

I have a few different medical conditions besides those needing psyc. medicine management. I have been seen for those other conditions by specialists(UPenn) in their fields. Pouncey (I can't make myself believe she is really a doctor, though I know, factually she is), reduced or discontinued medications assigned by these specialists. She second guessed their diagnoses, despite the fact that at times she was confused about basic aspects in their diagnoses.Rather than look at me, she scribbled on some pad at her desk (in the furthest corner of her office) and looked up every once in a while, (not necessarily at me). Her apparent contempt for me began to rise until my last "appt," when she started yelling and degrading me. Want to know my offense? Over my previous appts, I had asked her if it would be possible for her to give me 90 day prescriptions rather than a month's supply. She said that she would let me know after I had been on the medication long enough for her to do a 90 day script. On my last appt. probably 3-4 months after my first one, I asked her if I could get 90 days scrips, She stood over me and said "You really had to wait until all your scrips had been written to say that?"She was furious and I have never felt disrespect, infantilism, contempt like I did from her. So, surprise, during all that scribbling on her papers, she was writing out scrips!I spoke to the person who oversees the practice where Pouncey practices. She offered to refund the session co-pay of $50, but never did, despite my agreeing to do so. This practice has no board of directors, which was a concern for me. The woman who runs this practice, Amy, was very cordial, professional and even empathetic. However, she never did what she promised (refunding my copay). She said in so many words "I'm doing nothing about this (except the refunded copay which she never sent)." Sadly, Claire Pouncey is a troubled person. I would never tell anyone to trust her diagnostic or medicine management skills. I pray the people who work with this woman take a pro-active approach rather than letting her problems fester until they ruin her ability to practice. Just one more thing, in terms of "bedside manner," if she could have yelled to me in my car through a bullhorn and asked me to leave her messages on her answering machine which she would respond to by snail mailing me thoughts about my progress, there would not have been a drop off in her "bedside manner."

May 15th, 2017