Overall Review

June 3rd, 2016
One Of The Best
Like the family doctors of old. Never feel rushed, always feel listened to, someone with whom you can develop a good relationship with. She's great.

January 6th, 2014
Dr. Higgins is very personable, interested in what the patient has to say, and listens well. Great surgeon!

May 1st, 2012
If you have Breast Cancer, I wouldn't go here!
Dr Higgins may or may not call you back in a timely manner to answer questions as you are facing this frightening and sometimes fatal diagnosis. Meanwhile her "real receptionist" may tell you to go ahead and get Pre-Surgical testing anywhere of your choice.. when in fact, that is NOT at all the case. OOOPS.Dr. Higgins may tell you that she'll get that last value report back to YOU on your breast cancer pathology, but she may just forget to for nearly a month.She may also tell you that her office will initiate a Cancer Support Group to call you to talk options over, but that might not happen for weeks when instead, WE HAD TO CALL THEM when it didn't transpire.Dr. Higgins might not be willing to offer nervous cancer patients compassion and understanding as she's too busy to slow down and listen. In addition, Dr. Higgins presents her frontline Practice with an older gentleman who answers the phone most days saying Im just here helpin out some. He will not know what you're saying when you ask for that last HERCEPTIN result that Dr. Higgins never followed up on, yep..even if you spell it to him. But he'll be nice as pie like the hardware man and take your number down for the doctor. How does that measure up to YOU, as you face cancer and surgery?This is not a Professional Surgical Practice especially in dealing with CANCER! I"ve worked with 2 specialized surgeons for the last 18 years in Baltimore, and the way that Dr. Higgins' practice is running, is simply sub-par, semi-negligent and embarrassing on all fronts!

March 23rd, 2012
Compassionate and professional
I went into her office yesterday fully accepting and expecting her to tell me I had breast cancer. After examining me and my mammo/ultrasounds, she told me I had nothing to be concerned about. Then she followed up by spending MORE time with me explaining what my exact diagnosis was and how to deal with it. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a lot of patients jump up and nearly knock her down hugging her with happiness....but she handled my full frontal attack with a great laugh! While I hope I never have to see her again professionally, I would not think twice about contacting her if I DID need surgery down the road.