Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Holtsville
1723 N Ocean Ave
Medford, NY 11763
631-758-5858
Locations and availability (2)

Jun 17th, 2014

Another reviewer mentioned that Dr. Lengyel "micromanaged" in all the wrong areas and was "neglectful" in the others. I'm not sure what they mean by "neglectful", but I would totally agree with the "micromanaging" part. Although, I think Dr. Lengyel is a worthy and respectable doctor, I'm deciding to eventually switch to a different endo because I don't think she has my best financial interests at heart. I don't like that she orders seemingly unnecessary labs tests and requires frequent visits. When I mentioned to her a problem with my insurance, she didn't change what she ordered. I get the impression that I wouldn't get my prescription written without an office visit. Trust me, other doctors don't do nearly as much for me in terms of seeing me and running lab tests; This is both a positive and negative for Dr. Lengyel. I'm confused as to whether these tests are actually necessary.....since no other endo I've seen runs these kinds of tests or sees me as often. I don't think her diagnosis has been accurate in my case and i don't see the point in why she orders several thousands dollars of tests every few months when I'm seemingly healthy.

|  unhappy camper  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

Very micromanaging in all the wrong areas and neglectful in others. Run the other way. 4 stars; I'm sure her staff or family members are writing in.

|  Dr Lengyl is the best  |  show details
by Doris on Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr Clara Lengyl is a wonderful compassionate Dr. Alway accurate with everything. Shes the best Dr I ever had. Great bedside manner and explaines everything to me so I understand it thoughly.

|  Best Endocrinologist in all of Long Island!  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

Dr Lengyel has been my doctor for 5 years.She has diagnosed accurately my multiple illness and tested and medicated me accordingly.She has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring.I have never met or heard of a better doctor.I would and have recommended her to everyone who has needed her specialty.

|  AnnieFannie??  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Anne Fannie, if that is your real name....The person's bad opinion was based on bad experiences as noted below. Just because you did not experience that does not mean the person was just "thinking" it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

|  Anniefannie  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

I have been going to Dr lengyel for years and have only received the most courteous care from her and her staff. I don't know what the person who said the staff was terrible was thinking. Must have been confused. Dr. Lengyel is the best and my primary Dr. Was looking for a new endo to recommend to his patients and was delighted for the referral.

|  Horrible office staff/policy!  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

Been a patient there for years, but no longer. Like the Dr., but the staff, especially when attempting to get a follow-up appointment was down right verbally abusive, difficult and condescending. This has occurred on a few occasions and I cannot see how the Dr. is not aware of this problem. I believe it is a way to discourage patients to be seen that do not set appointments every couple of months as they would prefer,whether the appointment is needed or not. Horrible treatment, especially when your sick. They should be ashamed!

Aug 1st, 2011

By far the best endo ever. I have seen alot of them in New York and Dr. Lenhyel is the most caring and thorough doctor.

Mar 17th, 2011

Dr. Lengyel is the best endo. I've seen them all on Long Island and she is my number 1 pick - in fact I wouldn't go anywhere else. She is so easy to talk with, very understanding and very thorough on all my medical needs.

Jan 20th, 2010

Very caring and thorough. Will refer you to other physicians for additional conditions to coordinate the best care.