Orthopedic Surgeons
Jackson River Orthopedic
1 Arh Ln
Low Moor, VA 24457
540-862-6777
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  DID NOT LIKE MY EXPIERENCE.....  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2011

I HAD TO GO TO DR. WEIDMANS OFFICE WITH MY 2 YEAR OLD SON, WHEN I GOT THERE IT WAS 20 MIN TILL 1, HIS APT. WAS AT 1. I HAD TO WAIT 2 HOURS AND 10 MIN BEFORE EVER GETTING CALLED INTO A ROOM AND BY TIME DR. WEIDMAN CAME IN HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT MY SON HE JUST SAID HE HAS NURSE MAID ELBOW TOLD ME TO GO HOME AND LOOK IT UP, GUESS HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THAT WAS... THEN HE MADE ME PUT MY CHILD ON MY LAP WHILE HE TWISTED HIS ARM. MY CHILD WAS USING HIS ARM BETTER WHEN I GOT TO HIS OFFICE THAN HE DID AFTER I LEFT. MY CHILD'S PEDITRICAN SAID IT WAS HIS SHOULDER DISLOCATED NOT NURSE MAID ELBOW HE WAS AT HER OFFICE BEFORE EVER GETTIGN REFERRED TO WEIDMAN, AND AFTER WEIDMAN TWISTED HIS ARM MY CHILDS ARM WAS NUMB AND HE COULD NOT MOVE IT AT ALL HE EVEN HAD TO USE HIS OTHER HAND TO TURN HIS HURT ONE AROUND. I KNOW THAT DR'S. AND PEOPLE ALIKE HAVE DAYS WHERE THEY ARE JUST SO BUSY, BUT WHEN YOU ARE A DR. YOU SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO EXAMINE A PATIENT INSTEAD OF MAKING A GUESS. I LOOKED UP NURSE MAID ELBOW AND MY SON DID NOT HAVE THAT AND HIS PEDIATRICIAN AGREES HE DID NOT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR. TO NOONE ESPECIALLY KIDS HIS OFFICE IS NOT KID FRIENDLY ANYWAY AND TO HAVE SUCH A BIG WAITING TIME IT'S RIDICULUS.

|  DO NOT ALLOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FATHER TO HAPPEN TO YOURS  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

Do not listen to what you have heard about this "man" or "dr.".This dr. is not professional or even decent.What this man did with my father was nothing short of MALEPRACTICE and the truth deserves to be told.My father was a 65 year old man in relatively good health who fell one night on his way to the bathroom and broke his hip.This was on july 12th 2010.My father had hip surgery to place a trochanteric fixation nail in his hip.My mother and I were told by DR.Weidman and his son Corey that the surgery my father was having was very simple and routine and would only take about 40 or 45 mins.My father was gone for over 2 hours including "recovery".My mother asked several times if everything was ok since my father was gone longer than we were told.The hospital staff told my mother yes everything was ok.When my father finally did come back to his room he was asleep.After this simple and routine surgery my father never woke and was himself but one time for about 3 hours.My father was in Alleghany regional hospital (where dr.weidman works)for 11 days.My father slept for at least 22 or 23 hours a day my mother and I would have to keep him awake long enough to feed him 3 meals a day.After the surgery for a few days my father was on pain meds my mother and I thought that may be making him sleep.We asked that he be taken off these meds his condition did not improve he still slept 22 or 23 hours a day.We never saw dr.weidman again after the surgery but his son corey did walk by my fathers room about 4 or 5 times a day.My mother and I asked my fathers primary care physician DR.Barry Scott brown WHY IS MY FATHER STILL ASLEEP to which DR.Brown replied I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS STILL ASLEEP.My father was kept in Alleghany Regional hospital for the 11 days on about the 8th day dr.Brown said we may be interested in putting my father on hospice I WAS SHOCKED my father was never diagnosed with anything that would cause him to be dying within a few weeks or months (unless DR.brown and Dr.weidman knew something that we were not told)These 2 DR's Dr.Brown and Dr. weidman never once offered to refer my father to a more experienced DR. or a better hospital I had to ASK that my father be given an MRI AND CATSCAN DR.Brown acted as if this was a waste of time and said that it would not show anything (as if he knew this already).We were told by DR.Brown that this is something that happens.You do not have to be a DR to see that something obviously happened to my father durning surgery.I asked NUMEROUS people that work in the hospital in many different positions if what happened to my father was normal and I was told NO.I was told by one person that I asked that they had seen (in their job) people come into the hospital with alzheimers and dementia so bad that they did not know who or where they were and that these people had surgery and came out in better condition that my father this person said NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL AND SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY HAPPENED TO YOUR FATHER DURNING SURGERY.My father before surgery was a functional person he went everywhere I went vacation,restaurants,stores etc.My father could carry a conversation and had rational thought he dressed himself,fed himself,bathed himself etc.After this simple surgery my father was completely bedridden and incontinent he never walked or even stood up he could not feed himself and after a short period of time had to have a feeding tube.My father suffered and died because something went wrong (or happened) durning his surgery and it was covered up by the surgeon,anesthesiologist,nurses,and his primary care DR. These people know very well what happened durning by fathers surgery but instead of being decent humans and admitting what happened so that my family and I could know and possibly my father's condition could have improved no these people have tried to conceal the truth and allowed a man to suffer and die.I also have a cousin that was a woman in her 70's that went to this man DR.weidman at about the same time as my father.My cousin had surgery on her ankle and it was never right so she had to go to Roanoke Memorial to have it done over.I would like to ask anyone who reads this to really think about your choices for surgery AND TO REALLY CONSIDER ANOTHER HOSPITAL AND DR FOR YOUR NEEDS BESIDES DR CLARE D WEIDMAN OR DR BARRY SCOTT BROWN AND BY ALL MEANS DO NOT GO TO ALLEGHANY REGIONAL HOSPITAL.