Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Mar 18th, 2015

Nurses very rude wouldnt go again fire your nurses they very very rude

Patient show details Patient
by Steve Williams on Oct 26th, 2014

Please read the letter below and decide for yourself. Mr. Mast responded to the letter included below with a letter of his own - his response was as follows... "I am writing to inform you that I am canceling your appointment on October 28, 2014 due to your rude and inappropriate treatment of my staff. Sincerely, Clarence Mast M.D." Dear Dr. Mast, My name is Steve Williams, I am a new patient but have not yet been seen in your office - I am reaching out to you for a few reasons and any response would be greatly appreciated. My experiences to date with your office staff have not been stellar experiences and have left me somewhat concerned regarding treatment of my Lyme/Babesiosis infections at your office. I had a long standing initial appointment with you for the date of Oct. 7, 2014. I received a brief voice message from your nurse on October 6th at 2:40pm, notifying me that the appointment had been canceled – no additional information was provided. I live in Williamsport, PA and am too sick to drive myself – my sister had taken a vacation day from her work in order to drive me to Meshoppen. This disease and the nightmare it has created for me and my family is a pretty big deal to us, so the seemingly never ending setbacks, such as last minute cancelations, feel just like a kick in my stomach. When I called the office to inquire and reschedule, I was very surprised and disappointed by the poor attitudes, confusion and generally blunt response from the staff members. The staff members, including your nurse were short, coarse and seemingly, much more interested in leaving for the day than in rescheduling my appointment. From my very first phone call to your office, I have been requesting some basic information regarding treatment protocols, Babesia treatment, treatment costs and insurance company participation – I have not received any answers. When I ask a question I am abruptly transferred or placed on hold, only to have someone else pick up with no idea who I am. I did finally speak to your nurse and got to ask her some questions – she was very short and not helpful, at best. I have heard very good things about you as a doctor from some very good people, both medical professionals and patients alike – unfortunately, those same good people give your office staff a poor report. I am sorry to complain, but I wanted to make you aware of my experience and I would like to speak with you briefly, if possible, prior to my rescheduled appointment date of Oct. 28. As I said, this disease has been a big deal in my life and I want to be confident in the healthcare choices I make in treating it. Thank you for your time Dr. Mast. Sincerely, Steven M. Williams

Best Doctor I Have Found! show details Best Doctor I Have Found!
Aug 14th, 2013

Dr. Mast is the most compassionate and thorough doctor I have met, and we have been to many. He listens and takes as much time as needed to address concerns and answer questions. That's why I don't mind when I've had to wait up to 2 hours for an appointment. He doesn't sit and watch the clock the whole time he is with you and it is obvious that he cares about all of his patients. Dr. Mast will make a clinical diagnosis when test results may not be accurate, and treat you accordingly. He treats patients with respect and doesn't get bored or irritated when having to answer the same question more than once. He also offers prayer at the end of your session if you would like. I respect a doctor who treats me as a person and not a number. I would recommend Dr. Mast to anyone. Thank you for being there for so many who would be lost without you. God Bless.

Sonya Bligh show details Sonya Bligh
Feb 22nd, 2012

Dr. Mast is a quiet albeit a very knowledgeable Doctor. He is very compassionate and caring. He is very easy to talk to. His medical knowledge base is second to none.

Right doctor for the job show details Right doctor for the job
Jun 7th, 2011

Our daughter has been chronically ill for the better part of a year and has seen many doctors/specialists connected to worldwide recognized hospitals like CHOP, had several ER visits along with way and all to no avail. Dr. Mast came highly recommended to us so we took a chance and traveled from our home near Philadelphia to consult with him. We were early for our appointment and had to wait for some time in the waiting room to see him but he was well worth the wait. He spent over an hour with us reviewing our daughers medical records and symptom journals we collected thus far. He made a diagnosis and formulated a treatment plan for her -- which is what we have been searching for all along. He is a gentle soul that is truly in medicine for all of the right reasons. He looks to understand the patient as a whole. He believes that results of lab work do not always drive the bus so to speak, and can be very limiting to patients in certain health crisis. I wish all doctors were like him.