Dr. Clark Lopez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Clark Lopez?

Director

Posted on April 28th, 2015

I have to agree that the Office needs to be run more efficiently and the staff need to be reminded to be more courteous, and that the Dr. seems to over extend himself in other locations resulting in no time for follow up but he does remember his patients and my impression is that he cares greatly about his profession. I come from Staten Isl to see him.

Avoid Prominis at 60 Plaza Street

Posted on March 5th, 2014

This used to be a great doctor's office. And very convenient--it's only two blacks from home. Yet ever since Dr. Lopez sold it to Prominis--longtime patients seem to be lost in maze of computer gobbledygook and the staff treating patients like the DMV! I personally was once refused to be seen because a doctor (not Lopez) was too busy and told to go to the Emergency Room 15 blocks away! I had a 102 fever and couldn't get there. I don't drive and couldn't afford car service. I could make it to Prominis two blocks down, but he kept refusing to see me and I got sicker. Now my fiancée is ill with an infection that could easily turn into pneumonia and in the past two weeks, this office has refused her three times already! And Dr. Lopez takes long vacations to Austraila every Winter, leaving me in the hands of a bureaucratic staff. They are only two blocks away, been treating me since the mid '90s and this is how they treat me. Plus, Dr. Lopez once hit my ear canal and caused severe irritation--he even admitted it! If you're sick DO NOT COUNT ON THIS PRACTICE TO HELP YOU. YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN AN EMERGENCY ROOM WHERE THE WAIT IS SHORTER! (Here you wait over an hour in a room full of sick people no matter what time your apt was for) AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

best doctor ever

Posted on July 11th, 2013

I have been going to this office for as long as I can remember. My entire family goes here and that includes my two children. The doctors are fantastic, personable, and treat their patients like family. The entire staff is courteous. They have very flexible hours. I have brought in my children with no appointment and have not been turned away. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lopez to anyone

Good service, long wait times.

Posted on September 18th, 2012

worst doctor I ever went to.

Posted on March 1st, 2012

This doctor treated a family member a couple of years ago who was living with cancer. This doctor failed to provide adequate monitoring of this patient and the patient's cancer got worse and this person died.I personally went there for a routine check-up and my insurance was billed for a medical visit. Doctors can bill more for medical visits than physicals. This doctor cares more about billing (incorrectly) than the care of the patient. Please review your bills if you go to this doctor and get a second opinion if you have anything serious.

The WOSRT office staff ever

Posted on April 4th, 2011

Dr. Lopez himself is a good Dr although he seems to be on vacation more than he is in the office. My major complaints are with the office staff. I have had OH SO MANY bad experiences- and would have changed doctors if I weren't in the middle of getting tests done. They have the worst attitudes I have ever encountered at any doctors office- and I am a normally pleasant person and do not have an attitude myself that should warrant such a disposition towards me. Very often the line is busy for hours at a time- I have been put on hold for 20 MINUTES. If you ask for the doctor to contact you- forget about it- it will not happen. Another practicioner at the same office wrote my birth control prescription for 2 months instead of 12 (I have NO idea why this happened) but when I called to have it fixed it took DAYS of calling and waiting on hold and calling back, and fearing pregnancy I had to have my pharmacist call, and FINALLY they changed it. This place has been my primary care provider for over a year- and when I found myself in a bind- they turned a cold shoulder to me saying there was no way to get me in- even though all I needed was a referral to a specialist that my obgyn had already ordered. I would stay away from here, and I have vowed to never go back- unless they change their entire office staff. There are much better places out there.

Posted on February 7th, 2011

The doctor will not see you. He has a Physician aide ( a doctor without a license) to do all the work. The PA did not even want to have physical contact with me and this was a yearly check up! When it came to the prostate exam i requested that the MD do it. He came in and brusquely felt my prostate and left. Two days later I had blood on my sperm. When i told the PA about a sore throat and persistent cough, the PA injected me . When I asked what for , she informed to test for tuberculosis. I had my vaccine already!. Trust me , you do not want to go here.

Posted on June 1st, 2010

When you visit this doctor you must have your own medical file with you at all times and keep track of all of your tests, medications, etc. otherwise, you will never know of your test results. There are different doctors, if you happen to have an emergency the day your regular dr. is not in, they cannot read each other hand writing. They mean well and are very nice doctors.

Posted on February 15th, 2009

The problem is that they never remember to give you the results from your previous visit, if you don't mentioned it, you will never know your results. Sometimes they forget to test you again. When coming to them, you must make sure that you yourself remember and follow up. Also, you must remember your medications at all times. If you were referred to have a diagnostic test done, make sure to call before you go to your follow up appointment for the results, to make sure the results are in your files. Do not expect doctors to return phone calls for emergency situations, if you have problems with your Rx plan, etc.

Posted on July 7th, 2017