Very happy with Dr Mason show details Very happy with Dr Mason
by R.D.C. on Jul 26th, 2016

Best primary care doctor in Sarasota

Best doctor in the area! show details Best doctor in the area!
Jul 23rd, 2016

Dr. Mason is clearly one of the best primary care physician's in Sarasota. He was able to very quickly figure out what my healthcare needs were and created a concise and easy to understand plan for what I needed. His background as a leader in emergency and trauma centers gives him a tremendous depth of experience. I trust him with my life.

Best Doctor in the area show details Best Doctor in the area
by Brent on Jul 23rd, 2016

We were looking for a Sarasota Doctor that had a combination of things. First, he had to be very knowledgable . He had to have a good bed side manner. And he had to have a sense of humor. We found him. Easy to get comfortable with Dr Mason, and he clearly knows what he is doing.

UNPROFESSIONAL show details UNPROFESSIONAL
by Peter Gemma on Jul 6th, 2016

I called to make an app't, got voice mail, left info - no call back. Called again 5 days later, made an app't with Dr. Mason - arrived early and was told he wasn't there. When I asked what was going on, they said I was to see some Dr. I never heard of. When I pressed the issue and said I had a recorded message from their office confirming my appointment with Dr. Mason, they were befuddled. Who called I asked - "I dunno." No apologies for their mistake. I wasted 60 min drive time.

Doctor's Response

Sarasota Medical Center deeply regrets any scheduling inconvenience that we may have caused you and are committed to providing excellent patient interactions. Dr. Mason has been informed of the scheduling misunderstanding and we are eager to have you see him for the first time.

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
by Terry on Jul 5th, 2016

The very best, smartest, most compassionate Doctor in Sarasota, Fl. He wins "top doctor in 3 counties' 3 years in a row for a reason. If it were not for his care, I would not be here...over and over again. He never gives up on me. And he takes the time to do a great job no matter how busy he is.

Exceptional physician show details Exceptional physician
by Kevin on Jun 9th, 2016

My family's GP for six years now, Dr. Mason is the brightest, most perceptive, effective, patient, and kind doctor it has ever been my privilege to know. I continue to consult him even though my new insurance program (HMO) does not cover him - he's THAT GOOD.

Great doctor for initial diagnosis and treatment show details Great doctor for initial diagnosis and treatment
by ed swan on Jun 8th, 2016

An excellent diagnostician. His specialist referrals have all been very good. Dr Mason is terrific at helping you understand your health issues and then finding solutions. His staff is very pleasant and efficient.

Dr. John Mason Sarasota Best Doc! show details Dr. John Mason Sarasota Best Doc!
by Patrick Norris on Jun 1st, 2016

Dr. Mason is the first Doc who actually looked at all my blood work and created a real plan. The man gave me a new lease on life! He is the best!

Best Doctor in the area show details Best Doctor in the area
May 25th, 2016

The best doctor ever! Very compassionate, caring and very sincere! I've been with him for a long time and even if he expanded, I get the same treatment and care every time. I trust him with my life, my son's life and my husnpband's. I'm so thankful for you Dr. Mason!!

by Victoria S. Klein on May 23rd, 2016

The best doctor I've come across with! I will never go to a different Doctor

Vital for my Health show details Vital for my Health
by Lynn Thomas on Apr 25th, 2016

A doctor who actually listens to you...shows concern for you ability to afford high priced prescriptions...explains things so their understandable to the average layman...and is caring and compassionate in the process? Think Dr. John Mason. Plus, he loves his dog...that's the bonus for me!

Great Doctor!!! show details Great Doctor!!!
by Jodi Lopez on Apr 20th, 2016

I found Dr Mason a few yrs ago when new in town. A Walk in clinic and Pvt pts provider how Wonderful... He turns out to be very kind ,caring, and professional and most of all a good listener. Quick at what he does due to experience. If no ins.He recommendeds options for cheaper places for test to be done.He is all about the community. His dedication to pts concerns have pulled me thru a few things.I really respect him and thank him for services given so far.

Thank you Dr. Mason! show details Thank you Dr. Mason!
Feb 4th, 2016

I haven't had many dr.s in my life, I'd always been afraid and nervous about them thus as I've gotten older I have needed a primary dr. and more medical care but since seeing dr. mason after a car accident he's eliminated pretty much all of that fear..he's diagnosed so many things that no one else has been able to figure out..I will never go anywhere else...yes the office is an older building (one reviewer compared it to a vet clinic) well..I prefer to focus on getting the best care..the rest is of no concern to me. Thank you Dr. Mason for always taking me seriously, presenting me with options and never making me feel like the weirdo I know I am :)

Good Dr. Facility desperately needs some TLC show details Good Dr. Facility desperately needs some TLC
Feb 3rd, 2016

I was looking for a new Dr. here in Sarsota and found Dr Mason. My visit was excelente. I wish the facility was cleaner. The Clinic is in desperate need of a some TLC.

by John N on Jan 16th, 2016

I have lived in Sarasota for 2 years now and I would highly suggest you end your search with Dr Mason and all the doctors and PA's here are great

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Dec 14th, 2015

I have a complex medical and surgical history. I needed an MD who could THINK, diagnose and treat across my symptoms and figure out what was really going on. John can do that and more. He may be the brightest MD I have run across in years, but he is also definitely the most compassionate. I do not think I would be still breathing air if it were not for his tenacity, his sensitivity, and his care. He gave me my first 2 years without a major surgery or transfusion or hospital stay in 14 years. We worked together to figure out how to best PREVENT or intervene early on in my symptoms for whatever I turned up with. He explains. After almost a decade running the ER at one of Sarasota's Hospitals he has seen so much. He has taken all he learned and now can figure out what is really going on across conditions. He is a very special doctor and you are very lucky if you find him for your own doctor. In Sarasota, there is no one better to manage and work with you on simple or complex medical needs.

by JOHN on Sep 16th, 2015

VERY THOROUGH WITH EXAM. CONCERNED WITH ALL OVER HEALTH ,NOT JUST PRIMARY REASON FOR VISIT. HIGHLY EDUCATED, BUT, EXPLAINS THINGS IN WAY PATIENTS UNDERSTAND. HAS LAB AND XRAY IN OFFICE SO VERY CONVIENT. SEEMS TRUELY COMPASSIONATE DOES NOT PATRONISE AS MANY DOCTORS WILL. ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS. HONEST AND DIRECT . NOT EASILY IMPRESSED WITH MANY IN PROFESSION BUT, HE IS MY PRIMARY CARE DOC NOW! MY MOTHER IN MEDICAL BUSINESS, IN DIFFERANT CAPCITY HERSELF AND RESEARCHES ,BEFORE SHE CHOOSES. SHE RECOMMENDED HIM SO I KNEW WOULD BE TOP DOC. MY SCHEDULE IS TIGHT, SO HIS CLINICS ACCEPTING WALK-INS AS WELL AS APPTS. IS A KEY PLUS FOR ME.

John Mason is a Doctors Doctor show details John Mason is a Doctors Doctor
by Dr. Gary Plummer B.S.,D.C. on Sep 9th, 2015

My Name is Gary Plummer Chiropractor I send all of my hard to diagnose cases and patients with severe Pain to Dr. Mason. I consider John to be the best Dr. in Sarasota. I work with many Md's in the Sarasota, Charlotte County Area. He has a Great Healing attitude when it comes to Disease. He has excellent clinical skills. He will put a shot into the area generating pain giving the patient incredible relief within 12 hours. He excels at what it means to be a physician. I know when I send my chiropractic patients to him Im sending to the very best the medical field has to offer. It has always greatly decreased the healing time with far better results. I use Dr. Mason as my primary care provider even though I have to drive 40 miles each way because I like the fact that he IS the very best.

My Review show details My Review
by Lyn Gotschall on Sep 8th, 2015

Covering all the aspects of Primary care, Sarasota Medical Center is THE PLACE. You have found it at the end of a wildly difficult task to provide yourself with knowledgeable, capable help for medical needs. Dr. John Mason is the PROFESSIONAL who is "there" for you. Following a career of emergency and primary care hospital work, Dr. Mason developed the Sarasota Medical Center which is one of the luckiest happenings for Sarasota and our lives. It is satisfying to share good news about special people and that is why I want, without any hesitation, to highly recommend Dr. John Mason, the Board Certified owner of Sarasota Medical Center, a super-Doctor. Spending some four years at the Center in his care, I can advise you to get acquainted with Dr, Mason, a seldom-encountered human being who has ears that hear, time and respect for persons needing curing, compassion for all infirmities and intuitive sense for health and heart issues. Meeting Dr. Mason was the most fortunate and profound moments in my medical experience. The 2-way trust he establishes with patients and his dedication to individual attention are always obvious. Working with the personnel at the Center is meeting with many personalities occupied with numerous and varied duties efficiently, but greeting arrivals courteously. The appointment schedule keeps time and only rarely an " impossible" booking problem encountered.

by Dr. Kimberly Walters on Sep 7th, 2015

Probably one of the most intelligent doctors I've ever met with a fabulous bedside manner and all the time in the world for his patients! I have referred all of my family, friends and patients to Dr. Mason and have yet to have anyone disappointed !!! He and has crew run a top notch facility!!

by C. Walker on Sep 7th, 2015

Dr Mason was very friendly and took time to listen to my symptoms. I felt like family when I was in his office. I would recommend using him as your primary care physician.

Sep 7th, 2015

Absolute hands down best doctor in Sarasota. Dr. Mason is very knowledgeable in many different areas. His background stands for itself. You can tell he has compassion for his job by the way he treats each and every patient. Thanks for everything Dr. Mason!!

by Christopher Bretz on Sep 7th, 2015

Great doctors!! Wonderful accommodating staff! I had a wonderful experience and will continue to treat here.

The Best show details The Best
by Sarah on Sep 7th, 2015

Dr. Mason is the BEST doctor out there! He's so thorough and caring and I'd recommend him to anyone.

Thank you ! Thank you ! show details Thank you ! Thank you !
by Brittany Nay on Sep 7th, 2015

I had hurt my foot moving and was very concerned because my foot began to swell the size of a football. The staff could see I was in pain and quickly placed me into an exam room within minutes of my arrival. Dr. Mason came in and spent a lot of time with me and told me I had a very serious staff infection. I don't do very well with needles but the nurse was very nice and it was all over before I even had time to worry. I want everyone at the office to know you were wonderful and Dr. Mason thank you for being so kind when I was so scared. I don't normally write reviews but I want people to know I was treated special and for that I thank you ! PS .... the foot feels great !!!

Excellent care show details Excellent care
by steve g on Sep 7th, 2015

Outstanding clinic with great support staff. I send my entire family there for care

Excellent Visit show details Excellent Visit
Sep 7th, 2015

Great staff. Clean place. Everyone was extremely friendly. I had a visit to get an x-ray on my wrist. I was greated upon entrance and waited no longer than 5 minutes before I was seen. Dr. John Mason is very knowledgeable. He told me what he believed was wrong with my wrist even before the x-ray was done and he was correct.

Great Young Physician show details Great Young Physician
by Dan Miller on Aug 4th, 2015

Excellent, Very Personable

Great caring doctor show details Great caring doctor
by Karl Bartholomew on Jun 26th, 2015

Dr. Mason has been our doctor for about 2 years. After being in an auto accident, my wife and I needed to locate a doctor. All the doctors we contacted including walk in clinics refused to see us. We were new to the area and when the doctor offices heard we were involved in an accident and we had out of state insurance all of them denied service. Dr. Mason was the only doctor we found that would take care of us when we needed it the most. Dr. Mason is a very caring doctor who listens to the patient and spends as much time as is needed to make the patient feel informed about their condition. His knowledge and his ability to explain your condition in layman's terms is exceptional. We have now made Dr. Mason our primary care physician. We think so much of him that we are willing to drive over 1 hour (each direction) just to see him. If you are looking for a caring knowledgeable doctor I would highly recommend Dr. Mason!!!!!

Awesome doctor! show details Awesome doctor!
by Brittany Khleif on Jun 2nd, 2015

Dr. Mason was very kind and professional when I saw him after my accident. He was very helpful in explaining things to me and made me feel very at ease. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Caring & Efficient show details Caring & Efficient
by Tom S on Mar 30th, 2015

We are snowbirds who needed to see a physician. After doing our homework on several MD review sites, we chose to see Dr. Mason (first visit) and Dr. Aristimuno (follow-up visit). Excellent choice! The staff is amazingly friendly and efficient—other than one unsmiling assistant who takes vitals, but we did mention this to the doctor, so hopefully the office will soon be 100% friendly! The wait time was quick, the doctor was attentive, the checkout is a precision machine in action. Very happy (and fortunate) with our choice.

Mar 18th, 2015

Dr. Mason is very intelligent and is not afraid to treat a wide variety of medical problems. He listens to patients, and treats them appropriately. He was able to quickly and efficiently diagnose a medical problem that I had had for years when other physicians were not able to do so. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Mason.

Extremely knowledgeable show details Extremely knowledgeable
by Rod K on Feb 24th, 2015

Had Dr. Mason not properly diagnosed my condition, I could be dead today. , We have decided to make him our family Dr.

The best in Sarasota show details The best in Sarasota
by Jennifer Scott McLaughlin on Oct 2nd, 2014

If you're reading this review right now it probably means you're searching the internet looking for a doctor. Well, search no more. The care you will receive from Dr. Mason is second to none. I was suffering from a life-altering back injury. Things felt pretty hopeless for me when I first visited Dr. Mason. He took the time to listen, and then provided me with a plan to get my life back. And it worked. If it wasn't for his experience and knowledge, things would be a lot different for me right now. I am so thankful that I was encouraged to go see Dr. Mason. He is now our family doctor. On a side note, I walked in three times without an appointment and was able to be seen within 10 minutes or sooner. The office is modern, clean and professional. The staff was always pleasant and kind.

Quite possibly saved my life show details Quite possibly saved my life
by G. Roper on Jan 15th, 2014

When I discovered that one of my lymph nodes on my neck was swollen, I went to Dr. Mason to check it out. I had no other symptoms and had recently had a physical for a health insurance policy, bloodwork included, that was perfectly normal. Dr. Mason suggested that it was possible that it was simply a swollen lymph node and prescribed antibiotics but also said he felt that there could be a potentially larger issue and wanted to schedule further testing. This was a Friday and he scheduled a scan for Tuesday. Over the weekend my lump decreased dramatically so we assumed that it was simply an infection and were prepared to cancel the scan, however, Dr. Mason was persistant that he felt a more thorough exam should be done so we kept the appointment. A week later, he called me into his office with the diagnosis - squamous cell carcinoma - cancer - in my lymph nodes - Stage IV. He was calm, reassuring and gave my wife and I excellent advise on next steps. It's been a year now and after successfully completing surgery, radiation and chemo, I am cancer free, however, I will always credit Dr. Mason for insisting on the scan even though the lump was almost gone by then. It would have been so easy to say "well, I guess that's what it was then". Thank you Dr. Mason.

WOW! show details WOW!
by CWP on Nov 8th, 2013

Dr Mason is one excellent doctor. He not only takes the time to understand what the problem is, he explains it and the solution very well. He is caring, understanding, and patient, least with me he was. I like how he explains your treatments options. Thanks Doc for just being you.

Fantastic Doctor! show details Fantastic Doctor!
by Molly on Nov 8th, 2013

Dr. Mason has been my primary care physician for a few years and I am so grateful to have found such a great doctor. He always spends a lot of time making sure I understand any of my health concerns and his staff is very professional and knowledgeable. He also saved my life when I went into anaphylactic shock due to a bad allergic reaction. There's no doubt that I trust Dr. Mason with my life!

Excellent Clinic show details Excellent Clinic
by Julie Lamb on Nov 4th, 2013

I'm so happy I found Sarasota Medical center when I moved here 8 years ago. they have the best staff, can get you in right away for emergencies, Dr. John Mason is an excellent Doctor, and so are the other doctors on staff.

Oct 31st, 2013

From the first time I met Dr Mason there wasn't another Dr I wanted to go to. Very good to listen to your problems. Very compassionate and concerned for your health, with a follow up that you are ok. You can believe that he is well educated and knows about the problem. Very nice man. The clinic staff is very nice and prompt to take can of you. Slip

PATIENT show details PATIENT
by RAY W on Oct 31st, 2013

I have known Dr Mason for 12 years, he's been my Dr the whole time iv'e been in Florida. He is very well respected and an excellent doctor.I have seen him save the life of a long time friend of mine,he is extremely knowledgable and caring,i can't say enough about Dr Mason.i would highly recommend him :)

Dr John Mason , excellent physician in his practice. show details Dr John Mason , excellent physician in his practice.
by John Wszeborowski on Oct 29th, 2013

Dr. John Mason is a very caring, professional, courteous, family physician. He has a great bedside manner. I have been a patient of Dr. Mason for eight years now, and he is very compassionate about his work with his patients. I sincerly believe he is a great asset to the medical community.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by R. A. on Oct 23rd, 2013

I needed to find a doctor in Sarasota that would take care of several complicated medical problems that I have. Dr. Mason came highly recommended by several friends as a man who had the right combination of smarts and bed side manner. He was able to put me at ease immediately and actually listened to me. It's clear from his full waiting room that others have come to the same conclusion. I really trust and like this doctor. He makes me look forward to going to see the doctor.

Excellent Doctors show details Excellent Doctors
by John Childers on Jun 27th, 2013

I have been extremely happy with the care my family and I have received at Sarasota Medical Clinic. Dr. Mason and Dr. A are fantastic. They will take all the time that is required to treat you and make you feel very comfortable. They are thorough and very caring. You can make an appointment but you do not have to. They are our primary care physicians and we intend to keep it that way. The office staff is also great. Dana is the Office Manager and is always cheerful and very efficient. I encourage anyone seeking a competent and efficient medical facility and staff to visit Sarasota Medical Clinic.

Outstanding show details Outstanding
by Richard S. on Jun 14th, 2013

I first met Dr. Mason over four years ago when a visiting family member needed care and my regular physician couldn't fit her into the schedule. Serendipity led us to him on that occasion, but now we ALWAYS recommend Dr. Mason to any of our friends and family as the very best physician we know. Without exception, those friends have likewise been extremely impressed with the quality of care provided at their Sarasota Medical Center by Dr. Mason and his partner, Dr. Aristimuno, and by their expert and friendly staff. We and other patients are always seen quickly, but office visits are never rushed. Both Dr. Mason and "Dr. A" are very careful listeners , and then each takes plenty of time to explain possible diagnoses, with their causes & consequences, medical tests and treatments, medications and referrals. My wife and I have seen our fair share of the illnesses, accidents and chronic conditions that bring us to Dr Mason or Dr. Aristimuno, and its is a good feeling to know they're on our side. We know that each visit will be a learning experience, and that we're getting the best of care.

Feeling healthy again show details Feeling healthy again
by Ted R. on Jun 6th, 2013

Shortly after moving to Sarasota for a new job, I was hospitalized with acute pancreatitis. I was discharged after five days and was still in a lot of pain. The hospital just said; "go see your general practitioner", which I didn't have yet. So I made an appointment with Dr. Mason at The Sarasota Medical Center. The staff was very friendly and the new patient paperwork was simple. Once I was in to see Dr. Mason, he immediately struck me as a very knowledgeable physician........asking all the right questions about my condition and thoroughly explaining what I had just been through. He then explained what to expect during the healing process and the things I could do to assure I never have another attack. I left my appointment knowing I had chosen the right place to get medical care.........I highly recommend SMC,

May 5th, 2013

Ok. So I don't normally write reviews but I had to comment on Dr. Mason. He spent the time with me to figure out what really hadn't properly been treated by so many other doctors. He restored my faith in the medical profession. From reading some of the other comments about him, I see that others have had the same experience with this guy. He's my "go to guy" when I need a real doctor.

Superior Doctor, Superior Care show details Superior Doctor, Superior Care
by Terry M. on Apr 1st, 2013

I have a complicated health history. When I first went to Dr. Mason I was immediately at ease because I knew instantly that he was two things I really needed: Brilliant diagnostics and caring man. In the two years that I have seen him, he has proven again and again that my first impressions were, if anything, underestimating him. Not only is he absolutely the best doctor I have ever had at figuring out what could be wrong he is the best doctor at keeping me well, not just managing me when I have illness. I did not even realize how important this would be for me. And his staff is courteous, caring, and his office is run like a family clinic. When you show up, they know you. When the nurses administer care, they are caring. I never feel rushed even when the waiting room is full. I never actually have to wait more than a few minutes. He listens, if there are medications to be prescribed he will give you the least expensive ones and tell you where to get them. He ran emergency rooms for years for local hospitals so perhaps it is all this experience that makes him such a whiz at diagnosing. But somehow he also kept his humanity and he is one of the most caring, smart, fine doctors in Sarasota. I am so lucky to have finally found such a terrific doctor.

Mar 11th, 2013

I trust this doctor. He is one of the only honest doctors in Sarasota. He has a gift.

A great doctor show details A great doctor
by Bill on Jan 16th, 2013

I recommend this doctor. He and his staff took care of my medical problems very well. This is what doctors used to be like. NOT AN INSTITUTIONAL ATMOSPHERE, like so many other places. I trust him with my family.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Nov 15th, 2012

I recommend this doctor.

Exceptional doctor show details Exceptional doctor
Aug 18th, 2012

Would Highly recommend. He even called me at home to see how I was doing.

Dr. Mason show details Dr. Mason
Jul 26th, 2012

He is a fantastic doctor who really cares. The best in the area

Saved my life show details Saved my life
May 6th, 2012

Dr Mason took the time to listen to me in a way that my other doctors did not. As a result, he diagnosed a cancer that I had. We caught it very early and I owe my life to him. I would highly recommend him.

Oct 28th, 2010

Fantastic Doctor. He knew what the problem was immediately and had a great bed side manner. I wish all doctors were are kind and knowledgable. I would recommend him without reservation.

Oct 21st, 2009

Fastastic Doctors. Took great care of me and showed great compassion. He made me laugh when other doctors made me cry. I would highly recommend.