Orthopedic Surgeons
NYU Medical at Trinity Practise
9785 Queens Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374
718-544-1543
Locations and availability (9)

|  I'm Appreciative  |  show details
by Veronica on May 23rd, 2014

The office staff was efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. The wait was 5 minutes after filling out forms. Dr. Lajam was professional, addressed all of my questions and most importantly, pays attention to detail meaning the little things, as she explained she wants to be ready for any situation that arises once the surgery has begun. I may be gender biased but I am sooooo happy to have a female surgeon.

|  Strange appointment  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2014

After reading the reviews, I thought that the Dr.was going to be the best for me but she seemed not to want to do the surgery that I needed. She refused to let me see the scale's measurement of my weight. I have massive osteoarthritis in both knees so the surgery is required and I know that I am overweight so I wouldn't have fainted at the weight that the scale indicated- she didn't explain the scale incident. Doctor-patient is a relationship that must go both ways!

|  Time wasted  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

No bedside manners. She did not spend time with the me and did not show any care for my condition. Always in a rush. I stopped seeing her. My new physician has helped me greatly, something that I did not get with Dr.Lajam.

|  A Disaster  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

My situation with the knees is very delicate, but Dr. Lajam asked me basically nothing about myself, did barely exam, and never looked at the MRI films I brought. I tried to explain the problem and she did not let me talk. She did not spend more than 5 minutes with me after waiting almost 2 hours to see her. The two times that I saw her she was always in a rush. She diagnosed a problem in the spine, I do not know how since she did not examine me more that 1 minute. She did not even write a script for an MRI after reffering me to a diferent specialist. I contacted her office to get the referral for the MRI and her assitant told me for more than a week that she was not able to get in touch with the doctor Lajam. (???). I decided not to return to see her. The specialist that I am seeing now is compasionate and cares about patients. My experience with Dr. Lajam in all the aspects was really bad and frustrating.

|  A rare breed  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

This doctor actually WANTS to help and make you better. It is so nice to see this. I felt like she was going through the surgery along with me. Recommend highly.

|  She is great  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

I have never met a doctor who explains things so well. She is obviously very smart, but never talks down to me.

|  One of BEST Ortho doctor's I've seen  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

Very professional, cyrteous and caring.Office staff problematic; forgetful, not folling up and if you asked why, RUDE.

Apr 20th, 2011

This is a great doctor. She thinks of you as a whole person and not just a diagnosis.

Jul 28th, 2010

Dr Lajam did my total hip replacement and she is now my hero forever.

|  Following up to my last post  |  show details
by Mike K on May 17th, 2010

I had my surgery about 3 weeks ago. She did both knees. Torn meniscuses and a lot of arthritis as well as other things. She was great the entire time. Patient and caring before, during and after the surgery. She understood the nervousness a person has at time like that and was very helpful in keeping me calm. The surgery went very well. I was walking without a crutch or cane in a week and half. Much faster than the last time I had a knee done.She was very upfront that the damage was severe in both knees, and that I'd need a replacement in the coming years. There was no false expectation of a miracle, just a good Dr. doing the best she could to prolong the enevitable. I thank her for that.If all Drs. were as caring and skilled as she is, the world would be a better place.I need both knees replacement in the not to distant future, and I don't plan to have any else even attempt it, but her.

|  So far so good  |  show details
by Mike K on Apr 5th, 2010

I read the review by the person who had a negative experience, and felt compelled to add my thoughts.I too have meniscal tears in my knee, as well as arthritis, and can only say that she has been very upfront with me about what to expect after my surgery, which is in a couple of weeks. She fully explained that I should feel better, as the meniscus issue should be resolved, I am still not going to be at 100% because as she has told me quite a few times, shes' not a magician, you can't cure arthritis with surgery. Only a knee replacement. I have found her bedside manner so far to be very good. She is caring, thoughtful and informative. I have not found her to be rushed with me at all. On the contrary, she has stayed and answered my questions until they were all answered. Which may account for the longer than average waits in the waiting room ;)She has even gone out of her way to partner with another surgeon who will be correcting some bone chips I have in my ankle at the same time she scopes my knees. She didn't have to do that, but understood my concerns with multiple surgeries and was more than willing to work with me on that. I can't yet speak for her actions after my procedure, but if she is as good after, as she seems to be before, I expect to be very 'realistically' happy with the results.I will try to post more in a few weeks after the surgery is over.Bottom line so far. I will recommend her to anyone that asks, and when the time comes for my knee replacement, you can bet she will be doing it.

|  wish all doctors were like her  |  show details
by Erica M on Feb 3rd, 2010

My mother was scared to death and Dr. Lajam explained everything so well and was so caring. The surgery went very well and I think it is because of the confidence my mom had in her doctor. Will recommend to all.

|  DR. LAJAM is the BEST!!  |  show details
by MM on Feb 2nd, 2010

She explained everything to me and I am very glad I went to her. I saw four other MDs about my knee arthritis and she is the only one who explained it to me. The knee replacement was 3 months ago and already I am so much better than before. I feel like a new person!! Her office staff are very nice even though it is very busy there, they took the time with me.

Jun 22nd, 2009

She overbooks and underserves. My experience with her was awful. Prior to surgery, she's optimistic and very hopeful after she's done her damage, she's annoyed by you and you're on your own. Basically, I felt misled, poorly counseled about the potential life-long negative consequences. I went in with a pain level of 2 and now live daily with a pain level of about 7. I went in with fairly asymptomatic arthritis and after all of her assaultive surgery of prodding, filing down bone and poking holes into my 'arthritis'. . . was left with activated arthritis, difficulty walking, balancing and worse ability to climb steps. Office visits with her averaged to about a minute and a half and once her damage is done, she's rude and dismissive. Always rushed and ultimately insensitive and uncaring.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you still have pain. Frequently, arthritis and meniscal tears coincide. Both can cause pain, but it is unclear before surgery which is the major contributor. We can treat the meniscal tear with arthroscopy but cannot fix or cure arthritis that way. This is clearly explained to all patients who have both arthritis and a meniscal tear before surgery. Unfortunately, arthritis is a progressive disease and only becomes worse with time. Knee replacement is the only reliable treatment for arthritis.