Dr. Claudia Cooke MD Patient Reviews

May 5th, 2016
mother of Lyme Diseases daughter
This DOCTOR should not be listed as Lyme Literate. GO ELSEWHERE

April 17th, 2016
I too have only good things to say about Dr. Cooke. In the past two years I went from a person that has never been sick to one dealing with disseminated Lyme disease, thyroid cancer and a prediabetic state. I have had the happy circumstance of being advised and cared for by many fine doctors, including both internists and specialists. Dr. Cooke, unique among this group, noted all my symptoms and integrated this information into therapies that led to a renewed sense of well-being. Aside from receiving sound medical advice and noting concerns that other doctors had either missed or did not communicate, I felt like I had “someone in my corner”.

June 14th, 2015
An exceptional physician who actually listens to the patient. A role model for me as a med student.

March 25th, 2015
I have only good things to say about Dr. Cooke. Her approach to medicine and healing is truly integrative and she really takes the whole person into consideration. I came to see her initially to try to make some changes to how I manage my Crohn's disease. With Dr. Cooke's help and after two very thorough assessment visits and blood work she created a plan to support my transition off of my current medication (which I was unhappy with) and a plan to support my health once coming off the medication. She was incredibly responsive and attentive to my questions and concerns along the way and dealt with a few bumps in the road in a caring, attentive and efficient manner. She is incredibly knowledgable about more natural and holistic approaches to treatment. Along the way, she also cured my migraines and helped reduce flare ups of my Crohn's related joint inflammation. which were debilitating and frequent. She has truly improved the quality of my life and I am so glad to have found her.

September 27th, 2014
A doctor's doctor
As a physician and teaching medical students how to relate and talk with medically ill patients, evaluating competency, I am delighted to meet a physician who follows the biopsychosocial model, is competent and inherently knows that the "only way to care for a patient is to care for the patient. She is a doctor's doctor.There are people to split others into all good or all bad and look for grievances I hope Dr. Cooke does not meet. Highly recommended for holistic medicine.

August 11th, 2014
Terrible experience
As mentioned by the other reviewer, the initial visit was $600 but we went over time and I was charged for a comprehensive consultation at $800. Blood tests were ordered and I needed to pay to see her for the results. It took 4 weeks to hear back from the office. I paid an additional $250 for my results, $200 for a IV vitamin infusion and she ordered more tests. For this round of tests I was able to use a radiology facility which was covered by my insurance and that facility sent a copy of the radiology report directly to me within 2 days... it took her 3 weeks to call me with the results. After spending well over $2,000, I received no diagnosis, no treatment plan, no phone call with test results and not even the courtesy to return my call. Disgraceful.

July 2nd, 2014
Don't Waste Your Time and Money!
The doctor's charge for this "initial" visit, is $600.00 for 1 hour consultation. She does not accept most insurance plans, if any. I thought that perhaps, there would be some valuable assessment, insight, or information on my problem, followed by recommendations to achieve a healing & healthy outcome for my condition. Well, after her late arrival and already 15 minutes into my appointment time, she spent about 35 minutes of my scheduled 1 hour visit taking down information, my answers to her questions, and typing them into her laptop. There were no questions asked that I could not have been answered, and provided them for her in writing, or on-line, just as easily and prior to the visit instead of wasting this precious (and expensive) time. After that, she was distracted by an arrival of someone with whom she was meeting and asked to be "excused" early, stating we could finish on the next visit. In the meantime, she gave me a prescription for blood work which is to be done from a laboratory of the patients choosing. Following blood work results, you are expected to make another appointment for interpretation of the "results" for several hundred more dollars, for information you could research on-line for yourself. In other words, she did basically nothing for the time and money I had invested. Her lack of attention and thereby respect that she demonstrates to the patient, leaves a great deal to be desired. Her style and approach give integrated or alternative medicine practice a bad reputation. I would never recommend or advise anyone to seek out her services. Buyer Beware!