inactive

• Gastroenterology Athens, GA

3.3

October 1st, 2012
Avoid at all costs!!!!!
Visited her a couple of days ago. I have never had a worse experience with a doctor in my life. Did not take my symptoms seriously and spoke to me in a bitter and condescending tone. If I wanted to be attacked over my religious beliefs I would walk down to the Tate Center a hold a religious debate with the critics there. Not professional to ask inappropriate personal questions and give unwanted personal advice to patients during a doctors visit. This isn't Judge Judy, but perhaps she has a future as a afternoon Judge on a courtroom reality show.

June 19th, 2012
a satisfied patient
I have had two colonoscopies done by Dr. Kretzschmar, ten years apart. No problems with either one. She asked me if I wanted pain meds and had no problem giving them to me when I requested them. I was impressed with her expertise in her field, as well as with her knowledge of medicine in general. She asked about my medications, and said that I had made good choices in what I was taking and not taking. She spent time with me and did not speak down to me at all, or say anything rude or uncaring, as other patients have mentioned. In casual conversation, we calmly disagreed on our religious/spiritual views, but that was not an issue for me in having her as my doctor.

May 11th, 2012
Not a nice doctor
Dr Kretzschmar is an uncaring doctor -- she makes many rude and insensitive comments during appointments. She will belittle you and make you feel stupid and not take any of your health concerns seriously. Thankfully, I saw someone else, they believed me, and I am feeling much better now. I cannot recommend Dr Kretzschmar.

May 10th, 2012
Rude and uncaring
Dr Kretzschmar is a very insensitive person. She will talk to you in a condescending tone and make you feel that your health concerns are completely stupid and unwarranted. She also says very rude and mean things deliberately. I cannot recommend her. There are other more caring doctors out there that actually would want to help you feel better.

August 31st, 2011
she is very rough during exams...

February 3rd, 2011
caring physician

January 23rd, 2011
beware...
Absolutely the worst doctor I've ever seen. Completely mis-diagnosed my condition and missed that I was packed full of gallstones, despite classic symptoms. Has no concern for pain. Denied me pain meds during procedures that other doctors only do on sedated patients. Both incompetent and uncaring.

June 8th, 2010
I changed to Dr. K after being with another gastroenterologist in the area that I wasn't happy with. I immediately liked her when she asked me if I thought the medication I was currently taking (and which I'd been spending $100-200/month on) was doing me any good. I told her I didn't think so and she said, "That's what I thought. There hasn't been a single study showing it does anything for Crohn's patients, only those w/ ulcerative colitis. You can stop taking it." Why could my last three doctors have not told me that or asked me about if I thought it was really helping?!So, in addition to that, Dr. K does not talk down to me, the lowly patient, and she will explain how things work and why she thinks something is or is not the problem. I was sick of Dr's who just threw new prescriptions at the problem and never listened to my observations or what I was figuring out about how my body was working. And she has a very small, personal, not busy office so you don't feel like she just needs to get done and move onto the next patient.