Dr. Claudia Pinilla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2016
Insulting Attitude & Speech
Dr. P was rude, insulting and angry when I came to her requesting a 2nd opinion following an eye surgery by another doctor. I told her I liked that doctor very much, but was wondering if maybe something was not quite right. My insurance provider had authorized this visit. After Dr. P reviewed my chart information (making positive comments to herself} she quickly looked at my eye, then said "I was wasting her time, I was 65 yrs old, I couldn't expect perfect vision" and ridiculed my actual vision symptoms that I did not think should be normal for this surgery. Dr. P said twice I was "idiotic" for coming; she was going to "write a note and call my surgeon to tell him I came to her" and said "I was 65 yrs old and all I needed would be glasses". During the short exam, however, I didn't think she looked at the actual surgery site behind the eye without administering eye drops. I was shocked with her unprofessional threatening abusive language and unwarranted insulting attitude with no explanation for her anger other than: my age. I did not challenge or argue with her, I spoke kindly to her, and when leaving the check out desk she turned her back to me without a "goodbye". Well, I had decided half way through this horrific office visit that: "when I get out of this chair and out the door, I will never ever come back."

January 10th, 2011
Excellent doctor, very human and listens to his patients carefully