Dr. Claudia Vogel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 11th, 2016
I'm only a number
Wow where do we start. The waiting room was overpopulated and there were many appointments scheduled at the same time as mine. The MA was awesome! So we thought everything was going to go more smoothly until we waited an hour and 15 mins for Dr. Vogel to see us. When she arrived she didn't introduce herself, was wearing something I found not appropriate for a Drs office setting and had a very flirtatious nature. She asked what my issue was and who referred me. When I explained it was my infectious disease Dr, and that I have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme she began to go on the defense about not being able to treat the disease and how she failed the Lyme disease education testing 3 times, how I shouldn't have been in a wooded area (blaming) and that we shouldn't be on the internet looking up Lyme stories since they aren't accurate and everything in medical books are accurate. She wasn't really into my needs and was not empathetic and super patronizing. I don't feel like Dr. Vogel cared and brushed me and many other patients off by making us a number rather than a human being who is seeking care. In the medical field their should be more quality and not quantity, this wasn't a factor in her practice. At times it felt as if the appt was over as she wasn't communicative about what my next steps were or how she was going to help me with my Thyroid nodes. She only checked out my thyroid and mumbled " It may be Hashimoto," unconvinced. Then she gave me a sheet to do blood testing to another facility and just left out the door without any direction. We won't be returning but will pay the copay they are billing us, then will be washing our hands with this facility. If you don't want to feel like a number, she isn't recommended.

April 10th, 2016
former employee
Input from a civilian here- ish: Being a former employee of both Dr. Claudia Vogel, and Dr. Rainer Vogel; the office was(and probably still is) extremely busy. There is an detrimental lack of specialists in the field of Endocrinology in Las Vegas, NV. Also, capable, competent and very caring pain management physicians in this, or any other town, is also a luxury. It's just a fact. Truthfully.- I've experienced this first hand. I see that some people said the office staff was "stand-offish", & "too busy". And again, sincere apologies. As a former employee, I can assure that patient care and comfort were a priority per office procedure, and per my own and every employees dedication. Our doctors only hired very caring people. Truly. I'm sorry, even though it's been a while since I worked there, if your visit was less than par. But again, but city, few specialists. Signed, Shannon Snider. Hopefully those who remember me, remember me well.

November 17th, 2015
Not a happy camper
Having just completed my first visit with Dr. Vogel, I am going to join the majority of reviewers who were highly disappointed with her. I can not speak for her care as I didn't get that far, but her manner was extremely off putting. She talks down to you and loves to toot her own horn. Arriving for an 11:00 appt. (1/2 hr. early) I was given a series of forms to complete, which is a normal procedure. My annoyance is because, after filling them all out, you are turned over to an interviewer (I drew a student) who proceeded to ask the same set of questions .Next, placed in an exam room for approx. 1 hr., the Dr. arrives as I am heading to the rest room. She says, that's fine, and the disappears for another 20 minutes. Our interview was the worst. She never tried to explain condition, cause or effect. Talked so fast, as though she was talking to another professional and proceeded to order all sorts of tests that I have already had and showed her the results. Leaving the office, 3 hours since arrival, I headed home to seek out another doctor.

November 11th, 2015
Nightmare Experience w/ Dr. Vogel
After waiting over 2 months for first office visit, my experience was a nightmare. Waited 1 hr for an early morning appt. The appt. was for my mother who is blind. The woman taking the vitals was incredibly rude. She said, she wanted to get the medication refills correct because she did not want us bugging her. Keep in mind, this is our first office visit & we just met her. After meeting Dr. Vogel I was alarmed. We discussed my mother's A1C. She thought her A1C was good if it was high. I corrected her & she said, " oh yes. How can an endocrinologist not know about an A1C. After leaving the office, however, the headache began. After 1 week, 6 faxes & 3 phone calls from the pharmacy, 4 calls from me & finally getting rude with the office, my mother's life saving insulin was filled. Out of pocket it would have cost $748.00. If you call Dr. Vogel 's office for refills, faxes or an emergency it is impossible to get a response. All calls go to a call center in Costa Rica. They refuse to call her unless you pay $ 75.00 for calling her. The worst experience I or my mother has ever had with a physician.

August 17th, 2015
Patient of Claudia Vogel, MD
After reading some of the reviews about Dr. Vogel I am not only surprised but really shocked by some of the comments! I have been fortunate enough to have been a patient of the doctor's for this past year and I have found none of these negative comments to have any basis in truth. Through Dr. Vogel's efforts my A1C is the lowest it has been in ten years, and that includes how much better I feel physically, as well. She and her staff, especially Leslie, could not me nicer or kinder to me to me as well as my wife who is also a patient. Dr. Vogel listens to all of my concerns, is incredibly patient, and correctly treats my needs on every visit. She makes you always feel important and cared for. I've never had to wait more than 20-30 minutes to be seen, but regardless of the wait--being able to visit with her will be more than worth it to you. The results will speak for themselves!

August 13th, 2015
Overdose my cousin and put her the hospital twice now. Stay away

July 21st, 2015
Claudia Vogel should pay me for my visit. She incessantly talks about herself and makes excuses as to why she shouldn't be doing blood tests that I need done. Also every single symptom I explained to her she called stress and said to change my diet. Really?? I just quit my job my symptoms are so bad and she's gonna say it's all stress related... Find a new endocrinologist who listens and cares would be my advice

July 20th, 2015
Dr. Claudia Vogel is HORRIBLE!!! Stay away from this doctor! Her staff is even worse! Very incompetent people. I was actually yelled at by Dr. Vogel's office clerk for a mistake made by them! Extremely disrespectful and ignorant people!

February 24th, 2015
Horrible!
I would not recommend this physician to anyone. She is triple booking her patients and your wait is a minimum of 2 hours before seeing her. If you are lucky she will spend 10 minutes with you. Her thought patterns are all over the place. Her husband shares an office with her. He does pain management. It is quite obvious these people are not about patient care, but rather making tons of money. Not a good place to get care. The office staff NEVER calls back. It will be only a matter of time before this woman is reported for malpractice.

January 27th, 2015
Frustrating experience & will not return
I have no issues with Dr. Vogel herself, but I take exception to her billing staff. Her office staff is OK. The receptionist for the doctor tries hard to please but is often times in a difficult situation. The waiting time spent in the office is abmissal. I learned that they book 2 to 3 people at the same appointment time which is why they are always running late. I don't think this is very fair to the patients to have endure these long waits. The billing staff lacks professionalism, timeliness and follow through. I have been working for over 2 years to rectify a billing problem. I stopped going to Dr. Vogel for treatment of my osteoporosis last summer and have no intention of returning. I cannot recommend this very competent doctor due to all of the frustrating issues I have suffered with her various staff.

June 8th, 2013
Doctor Claudia Vogel is an excellent doctor. Very passionate and dedicated. She takes her time with her patients and explains in great detail. I highly recommend her.

March 2nd, 2013
Life saver
One in a million lady. She has helped my family so much its unreal. She may run late, but that is a result of her spending so much with her patients. If you want answers, and results go see her.