Dr. Clay Pickard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Clay Pickard?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Clay Pickard?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016

Excellent care.

Dr. Pickard provides dermatologic care for myself and my family. He is extremely skilled and considerate, and always provides excellent follow-along care. I would recommend him to anyone. HP

May 17th, 2016

Impersonal/Rude Staff

The office personnel has no personality and must hate her job. One would expect communication skills to be a requisite for a job requiring communication. There was no one there except her and another employee so she must have been bored. At any rate she could have been more pleasant, courteous, or just professional. That was a portence of things to come. No wonder the waiting room was empty.

December 7th, 2015

Not a Mohs Procedure Maniac like some other local Dermatologists

I had 4 or more small basal cell skin cancers removed by Dr. Pickard. Another dermatologist in Chattanooga wanted to hit me with $8,000-$10,000 in Mohs Procedures. Totally exhorbitant -- that doctor is a Mohs Monster, earning tons of money from his patients, Medicare (our tax dollars), and all other insurance payers even when other non-Mohs procedures would work. Dr. Pickard just cut them out and the bill was 10% of that other dermatologist. Beware Chattanooga. Don't let a dermatologist nail you for Mohs Procedures in order to fund their lifestyles and really nice new offices. Dr. Pickard does not waste time or money. He just does the work, explains it to you as he does it, and has no patience for Mohs Maniac doctors. The other dermatologist was not Rodney Susong, who I've used and who is good also.

March 24th, 2015

Very knowledgable, but stopped accepting my insurance

I saw Dr. Pickard a few times for very severe acne after seeing several other doctors who didn't help. His solution worked very effectively. It was sometimes inconvenient to get medication questions answered, as the nurse never returned my calls. Unfortunately, his office stopped accepting my insurance, and I didn't find out till I arrived at my appointment. Hopefully the next doctor will be just as good.

September 4th, 2014

I would not recommend his office to anyone. Dr. Pickard is a nice man and a good doctor, but his staff and office and billing policies are the worst I have ever dealt with.

April 20th, 2013

Doctor Pickard has removed non-malignant areas on me and performed one biopsy years ago. He was thorough and very knowledgable, also very professional. I will use him in the future.

March 6th, 2013

STAFF

I work for another dermatology office in Georgia. We requested records on a patient. First the office did not send records because they said they did not have records -- they were reading the signature, not the name written on the release. I called twice to follow up on the request -- two months later(!)-- I was not called back. When I told the receptionist this she was very rude. She said they had already been sent. I asked if they could resend them as we had not received them. I asked if they normally return phone calls since I had called twice with no response. She responded with "Uh, yeahhh. You have a nice day." Then hung up on me. She was very rude and unprofessional!

August 25th, 2010

Incompetent

Obnoxious,cocky,arrogant..knows everything about NOTHING..A total WASTE of your time and IMPORTANTLY MONEY!!!

February 4th, 2010

I actually left before I even saw the doctor. They were running behind, but offered no apology for this. The area the office is located in is not so good, and on top of a long waiting time, I even arrived early and 15 minutes after my appointment was supposed to start, another patient got called back. I work during the day, so taking 2 hours + off of work is absolutely not acceptable. These people do not respect patients' time nor do they appropriately compensate for time lost. Long story short: I am finding another doctor. Not worth it.

October 16th, 2009

Dr Pickard

We really like and value your "hand's on" attitude, Simplicity, Low key and efficient manner of your Medical Practice.

February 24th, 2009

Dr. Pickard is simply, absolutely incredible.

Dr. Clay Pickard has performed light surgery (small mole removal) and diagnosed a minor skin condition, and my visits to Dr. Pickard are terrific.Dr. Pickard is someone who makes you feel comfortable with his knowledge and total, thorough patient interview. He knows his subject matter exceptionally well, and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr. Pickard. He is never in a hurry, explains every detail in layman's terms and does not finish your visit until you completely comprehend the medical situation you brought to him.Dr. Pickard is someone who will not only become a trusted practitioner for you and your family, but he is also someone you will genuinely like.

July 15th, 2017