Dr. Clay Semenkovich Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Clay Semenkovich?

Best visit ever

Posted on October 2nd, 2015

Dr.Semenkovich is incredible! After extensive and unsuccessful care in Columbia for almost two years, I got in to see dr.s, and I'm so glad I did. He did the best and most thorough consultation that I've ever had. His bedside manner was second to none, and he really let me know he cared about getting me a diagnosis and helping me. He took tests that other doctor overlooked, gave me tips to help at home which other doctors could never do, and checked all of the current medication I was on. He didn't rush me, or make me feel like I didn't have a reason to be there. He also asked me if there was anything else I needed or hadn't told him(which seemed impossible after his consultation) and spent ample time writing down everything he thought I might forget. Dr.semenkovich has been such a refreshing difference in the medical community and I really think he cares about his patients. Well worth it to give him a try!

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

Dr Sememkovich found nothing conclusive in the way of endocrinology related disorders. He then switched gears. After insulting me by insinuating I may just be depressed, he then suggested me being overweight may be the real problem. Turns out I actually suffered with an auto-immune disorder that was discovered after I sought the help of a rheumatologist. My visit with this doctor was the worst experience I've had in the medical community.

HYPO-PSYCHO

Posted on April 6th, 2009

Upon developing a hyper-thyroid/hypo-thyroid condition I was referred to Dr. Clay Semenkovich by a dear freind of mine who is a wonderful Doctor. My first visit to Dr. Clay Semenkovich was about average. He diagnosed my condition and gave me information about my Thyroid disease. He had a fellow working with him and honestly I liked her more than him, which is the reason why I chose him as my Doctor to follow through with the treatment for my Thyroid. After receiving the treatment discussed I was never contacted by Dr. Clay Semenkovich, even upon requesting him to call me back several times. His female fellow would always return my calls, which was okay with me, but when I needed more information that she could not provide and requested he call back, I never heard from him. I followed through with my second appointment, two months after my Iodine treatment. This appointment was nothing but a nightmare and I have been having nightmares ever since. I was shocked to say the least by the unprofessionalism of Dr. Clay Semenkovich. I turned to him as a trusted professional, but unfortunatley received very unprofessional treatment. In his office, with his new fellow by his side, I sat there while he yelled, pointed his finger in my face, and accused me of lying about my diet and exercise habits. He did not listed to me, made me second guess myself, and I almost walked out. With the type of Thyroid condition I have, I started gaining weight even while exercising excessively and on a restricted 1,000-1,200 calorie daily diet. On most days I exercise for two hours only taking one day off a week. As I was telling him this, he was screaming in my face to listen to him, multiple times and I hadn't even finished talking. He never heard what I had to say. He does not listen to his patients which for me was the last straw. He accused me of over eating on a 1,000-1,200 calorie diet a day, recommended I see a nutritionist, and questioned my exercise habits, saying there was no way I was doing what I said I was doing. I had the worst experience with Dr. Clay Semenkovich. He also threated that I could find a new Doctor, but it wouldn't do me any good. Saying, all the new Doctor would do is medicate me. Upon leaving the office one of his nurses came in to tell me that I should never see him again and what he did to me was wrong. She even went on to tell me to find myself a female Doctor who would listen to me. I left there and I will never go back. I am reporting him to the medical board and can also assure you the friend who referred me will never refer him again. I am outraged by this experience and just wanted to get my story out there so this crazy Doctor does not have the chance to do this to another fragile woman with a serious thyroid condition again.

Posted on May 10th, 2016