Dr. Clay Shearer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Clay Shearer?

July 22nd, 2017

Awful staff

They don't explain anything and charge you ridiculous amounts

February 12th, 2017

Leaves syringes out in the office

I went to see Dr Clay after I developed what turned out to be a Basel cell carcinoma in my back. The wait time in the lobby wasn't bad, but the front staff was horrid. I went back to the room and tried to go over my extensive medical history with the nurse and she was far from interested. She told me to undress and put on the gown and the dr would be in shortly. As I did this, I noticed a tray of at least 10 needles left out in the room. I believe they were full of lido some, and Apparently this is a common practice! He came in and rushed through my initial visit, cut out a piece of the cancer for biopsy and had the girls schedule me for surgery. No instructions were given on how to care for the open hole in my back. I was never so nervous in my life. As the week went by, the closer I got to the surgery date the more nervous I became. There was something in the pit of my stomach telling me NOT to let this man operate on me. I called the required 48 hrs ahead of time to cancel the surgery. The first girl put me on hold and sent me back to talk to the nurse. I told her I was choosing to get a second opinion and wanted to cancel. She puts me on hold, and 15 min later Dr Clay gets on the phone. He proceeds to tell me how he does 100s of these procedures a week, and I again just say I would feel more comfortable getting a second opinion, he begins to yell at me on the phone and berate me. I was never so relieved when I hung up the phone. I found a wonderful Dr at Christ who is caring and confirmed my diagnosis. He talked me through the entire procedure. If Dr Shearer had done that procedure, it would have been horrific.

October 6th, 2015

Should Not Be Allowed To Treat/See Children

I took my son to see him after our original dermatologist retired. The first time I took my son to see him, it was okay. He was in and out and with little fuss about anything. Follow up was made and that went fine also. The second time, and most definitely the last time, he was totally different. He was not even a little nice and didn't try to act like it. He was rude to the staff that was in the room with us (NP and other staff member), and completely dismissive of my son's feelings. I myself was in tears for my son by the time we left. When I tried to ask him questions regarding the procedure and follow up care, he just dismissed me while having his hand on the door handle to leave. I had also asked him a question I was told to ask by my son's pediatrician and he dismissed it while making what I felt was a derogatory remark about another medical professional. He is rude, and very unprofessional and he runs his entire office that way. The attitude of the staff is reflective from management. That is very apparent after an appointment with Dr. Clay Shearer. I will not recommend him or his office to anyone I know, and will definitely tell everyone I can about my experience. If I could I would award negative stars!

September 15th, 2015

Overall good experience.

September 15th, 2015

Great care during a stressful time. Highly suggest.

July 20th, 2015

Screwed up my daughter's birthmark removal now she has a huge ugly scar on the front of her arm!!

My daughter had to have a birthmark removed cause he said it would be likely to get skin cancer. He said only a small line would remain where the large birthmark was. She had it removed with some pain as we understood would happen. We scheduled the follow up when we were supposed to, but it seemed he waited too long. She is now left with this huge centipede looking scar on her arm that is quite a bit larger than the original birthmark was. She hates it and it's large pink and ugly and wishes she would've never had the birthmark removed. It shows all the lines where the stiches was. It's been years since the surgery and still hasn't gotten any better looking.

May 9th, 2015

Saved My life! Outstanding!

I can see why he is so difficult to get into see! Extremely knowledgeable.

May 9th, 2015

Best in town!!!

Voted TOP Dermatologist !

April 17th, 2015

Does not bother to tell you that they expect 75% of payment before you ever leave the office. Then tell you that even though your insurance will cover the whole bill, they will keep the over payment from your insurance and you have to request that they reinsures it back to you. I took off work for this point meant only to not be able to see the doctor because who has 70% of $1000.00 just sitting around waiting to be used. I am beyond upset and will never recommend this staff and doctors to anyone.

April 8th, 2015

Not a Nice Person

I have seen Dr. Clay Shearer he flies in the room spends a couple of minutes with you and that's it. He is afraid to shake your hand like you have a disease. Staff is unfriendly. I felt like he was rude to the nurse that came into the room. If you try to call the office good luck with that because the phone just rings and rings no one really answers the phone. I feel there is more caring drs then him. He just wants money.

March 16th, 2015

Really poor working with people.

January 14th, 2015

He is quick and precise! Unfortunately hard to get an appointment because so good!