Dr. Clayton Berger MD Patient Reviews

Great doctor

June 11th, 2013
Caring doctor

August 11th, 2011
Thorough doctor & very pleasant office

August 10th, 2011
nice doctor and staff

May 9th, 2011
Good experience
Went for a worker's comp injury. Dr. Berger was excellent in explaining the issues he thought it could be, but I needed a specialist. He immediately refereed me and even explained what the specialist would do to test my problem.

December 1st, 2010
Not good
horrible charged an extra 150 for a "new patient" fee that they did not mention on the phone or at the doctor's office. Just included the 150 in a bill that was mailed to me. They did receive 40 out of pocket from me and filed on my insurance. Doctor was rude and condescending.

August 10th, 2010
I spent $150 out of pocket for an exam that took literally 3 minutes. The doctor never followed up on my condition as promised. My insurance company accidentally reimbursed the doctor instead of me and it's been three months now and the office has still not reimbursed me. When I called to follow up on the status of repayment, his receptionist hung up on me mid-sentence and now I have to take him to court just to get my payment. Do not waste your time with this doctor. They don't care about anything but taking your money.

January 16th, 2010
Very Disappointed
I was treated like livestock at Dr. Berger's office. I was rushed by his office staff and rushed in the same way from Dr.Berger. He did so much quick talking and was rushing around that I never had the chance to ask all of my questions and properly understand his answers. When I asked him to clarify, he gave me a look as though he way annoyed with my questions and hurried me along so he could make room for his next patient. After the visit, I felt that I needed glasses or contacts but he never offered them to me. He put drops in my eyes that dilated my pupils but never told me that my driving might be impaired. I had to pull over and wait almost 1 hour because I almost had a car accident. Please keep in mind that I am a healthy 49 years old without any physical handicaps or medical conditions. The only thing I received from Dr. Berger was a unusually high bill of $150 for a quick eye exam and a huge case of nearly expired eye drops which I never asked for. I left his office with a huge question mark and got in my car to leave. Before driving off, I decided to walk back inside Dr. Berger's office to get answers to my original questions. I was told that Dr. Berger was with a patient and couldn't see me until he was finished. I saw Dr. Berger walking around drinking a beverage but never stopped to ask me if I was ok or had a question. After waiting 20 minutes, I got disgusted and left. His office is dingy, poorly kept and has obvious signs of wear. Overall, it looks like the office of a doctor who doesn't care about his practice or the level of service he provides for his patients. Under no circumstances will I ever return to Dr. Berger's office nor will I ever refer a patient to him.

August 19th, 2009
Very Bad Eye Doctor Appointment
From the minute I walked in these people were very rude.The wife of Dr Berger, Randy Berger broke the stem on my glasses. I asked if she could tighten them and she gave them back to me folded trying to conceal the broken stem and then denied breaking them. To add to this insult the receptionist told me the doctor had left on an emergency and did not know when he'd be back! No wonder the waiting room (dusty, dirty) was empty.

July 24th, 2017