Dr. Clayton Dean MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Baltimore, MD

May 2nd, 2017
Great Surgeon
Major back surgery ,would not go to any other Surgeon!

March 6th, 2017
not very nice
was referred to Dr. Dean from another Mercy Dr. and Dr. Dean asked me why am I seeing him, he said I am a surgeon and you don't need surgery so why are you here.. last I seen he works for the MD spine center and I have spine pain, that's why I am here. he was rude both times I seen him and he never even got out of his chair. had a mood the entire time I was there and never even checked me to see what could be causing the pain. horrible bed side manner

January 5th, 2017
Dr. Dean was very professional. He spent an hour to sit and talk and most importantly listen to what I had to say and my concerns. He explain to me in detail my options and everything associate with them. I would definitely go back to see Dr. Dean for any future appointment I would need. Thank you Dr. Dean

November 20th, 2016
Dr. Dean is very knowledgable with a great bedside manner. He clearly stated the problem as shown in the MRI. He took time to explain my options and the expected outcomes. I feel very comfortable knowing he will be doing my surgery in a few weeks.

May 19th, 2016
Dr. Visit
I enjoyed my visit with dr. Dean. He listened to me, gave me options for the type of care I would need for my back. I would highly recommend him.

March 18th, 2016
Just kept saying i'm a surgeon. don't do pain management. why did your doctor refer you to me. I have a herniated & buging discs in upper spine thats why, how would i know i did not need surgery. i'm a surgeon u don't need surgery, why are u here see a pain management doctor go get PT, i'm a surgeon basically dont waste my time u don't need sugery. u could have at least explained what my diagnosis meant.

July 10th, 2015
Best Doctor
I had been to 2 previous spine doctors for a herniated disc. I was in excruciating pain, it was hard to even stand. From the moment I called the office, I knew that he would be the one to do my operation. I happened to be lucky enough to get his assistant on the phone, and she fit me in the very next day. Dr. Dean and his assistant Katelyn are a CLASS ACT! Perfect teamwork, prompt and thorough in explaining everything. Dr. Dean carefully and thoroughly explained my condition to me. We viewed my MRI together and we went over options. He was very attentive and listened to all of my concerns. He offered me an outpatient lumbar decompression surgery, and as soon as I woke up, my pain was gone! He even sent me flowers after my surgery. I have gone from being in a wheelchair to walking in 1 MONTH!! The nurses and PAs were also incredible. Mercy is a wonderful hospital. I would recommend this wonderful doctor and his awesome staff to anyone and everyone!

May 8th, 2015
great doctor fixed my back and one year later still no pain.. have recommended him many times to follow co workers and relatives.

January 20th, 2015
Amazing Dr, really took his time with me.

October 3rd, 2014
Safety Trainer (Local Government)
I met Dr. Dean in the midst of battling with workman's comp about excruciating pain I was experincing dailyas a result of a job related injury. He was very kind and honest, making me aware of all my options. We tried rest, heat, physical therapy and nothing worked. Finally I agree to surgery and it was the best thing I could have done, with the best surgeon I could have found. i feel like dancing.

June 7th, 2014
Spine Surgery - nerve channel clean out and fusion of L3/4/5
Dr. Dean was my second opinion. The surgery he proposed was to solve pinched nerves in the L3/4/5 that was causing pain and cramps in my legs and I could not walk for more then 30 feet which was limiting my activity on the job and most other outside activities. The day after Dr. Dean performed the surgery (two hours) I was up and walking and the pains and cramps were no longer present. Thirty days after the surgery, I am returning to work, and Dr. Dean has indicated I can resume most reasonable activity. Dr. Dean delivered as promised -- as my wife describes Dr. Dean, he is a "miracle" man. .