Dr. Clayton Fitzpatrick MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 26th, 2015
Great Experience
Dr. Fitzpatrick and his staff were great! Very friendly and always got back with me in a timely manner! He delivered my baby girl at 32 weeks after issues arose & I will forever be grateful! I highly recommend!

January 23rd, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Fitzpatrick is thorough and compassionate. Definitely a help to me.

July 1st, 2013
Not high risk friendly.
I have had 6 appointments with dr. Fitzpatrick and staff. Let me tell you they haven't been pleasent. The first visit was alright everyone was friendly and kind. I saw his partner doctor contraras. I would take her over him any day. My second appointment the staff seemed to try anything possible to not talk to me. When doctor Fitzpatrick came in in his three peice suit he point blank told me my child runs the risk of still birth. I was so terrified and stressed. He didn't try to explain. I just got the feeling I was supposed to just accept it. The next couple of visits went just as bad. The staff made me uncomfortable. They would ask if I had a question for him but EVERY time I did they would respond that it wasn't an appropriate question for him. I had a week where my blood pressure was up. So thinking it was part of my baby's issue I quickly brought it up with the staff. I was told that they weren't instructed to pay attention to my blood pressure. And that really I should have brought it up with my doc who is going to deliver. They then treated me as if I was making it all up. My advice stick with contraras if you have to go there. My advise for the doc. Please be more explanatory dont just tell someone their baby may be still born and leave it at that. I know you have to tell patients the truth but there are other ways of getting the same message out. This is a high risk facility your patients are already nervous. And higher staff with friendly personalities.

March 4th, 2013
Wasn't impressed
I felt like I was talking down to every time I went in. In the 7 appointments I had I only saw the doctor twice and the second time was upon request. His staff has good and bad days as far as being reasonable. I've had an all around bad experience.

January 20th, 2013
You saved my life!
When I first was transferred to Dr. Fitzpatrick, I was scared. After my delivery I was on my death bed, and Dr. Fitzpatrick went over every detail until he finally understood what was happening, and SAVED MY LIFE! Without him, I would surely be dead right now!

January 18th, 2013
Great Experience
Great doctor with knowledgeable staff.

January 12th, 2011
Wouldn't go anywhere else!
After losing my first baby at 23weeks, my husband and I were referred to Dr. Fitzpatrick for out daughter (6 months later). He placed an abdominal cerclage around my cervix. I am now 28 weeks along and have had NO complications! Dr. Fitzpatrick and staff have been more than attentive to all our needs and continue to keep track of baby and I. The people in this office are like family as they all know your name when you walk in the door and treat you as if you are their only patient. I could not be happier and would recommend this office to anyone who has high risk pregnancy needs!!

October 13th, 2010
Extremely poor experience
Visit one: Walked into office the time I was supposed to. Lady at front desk pulled up the wrong file so I peed in a cup for no reason. Had plenty of ultrasounds, was told that the baby's intestines were too bright. I was told that this was probably nothing, a common occurence. Had a genetic counselor talk to me, did not want this. On top of that her shirt was so low cut that you could see her...yeahh...They tested me for cystic fibrosis, and numerous infections. Did not have them. I was told they would call me back when they got the results but this wasn't the case. I had to track them down to find out, after stressing for weeks waiting for a call. Next visit: Went well, blah blahNext one: Was told that the baby had a problem with her heart, there was a hole and I needed to come back for a echochardiogram. Worried myself sick for a week, came back for them to tell me oopps false alarm your baby is okay. Didn't get a sorry for the mistake or anything like that. My regular OB told me that EVERY baby has a hole in the heart. Came back for another appointment for them to tell me that there is a high amount of fluid around the baby. I told them that I denied the glucose tolerance test so they gave me a blood sugar monitor. I was supposed to watch it 4 times a day. After three days of good results we decided to run the machine over and never see him again. I have low blood sugar, always have and I tried to explain this to him. He talked to me like I was stupid and had no right to deny a test. 1. Don't pull up the wrong file, someone could have something done that harms them. 2. Ask people if they want a genetic counselor beforehand, NOT EVERYONE wants one. 3. If a patient denies a test, DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL, just work around them. 4. Hire people that know how to read ultrasounds more accurately. 5. What kind of doctor tells a mother that there is a serious problem with their baby's heart, only to find out its a mistake and then not even bother to APOLOGIZE!!!! It's rather stupid. 6. Call your patients back when they are waiting for test results! 7. Don't let your workers wear floozy gear and don't hire someone that can't even pull up the right file!!!!! 7.

July 23rd, 2010
Dr. Fitzpatrick went above and beyond helping me while pregnant. After the delivery he continued my care for 2 weeks following until my health was improved enough to be released from the hospital. He saw me every day even on those days on a holiday weekend.