Dr. Clayton Lowder MD Patient Reviews

• 17 reviews

March 13th, 2014
Find another dr
Spends two minutes in exam room, can't remember patient info, barely any exam time if any, has cussed at times in communicating before his quick exit, medication issues, hospital had to properly treat, issues with insurance and billing and appointments and in getting referrals even as advised by other healthcare staff, not properly assessed or treated at times and other dr and nurses and insurance reps etc also appalled at what been told and treatment and lack thereof at times, dr and office can be a hassle to deal with at times-suggest finding another dr...one who actually cares about his patients and takes time to be attentive and concerned about their healthcare needs more than expanding practice to multiple offices, having his own pharmaceutical company and pharmacy, and apparently more concerned with being a businessman instead of healthcare provider, money/benefits/retirement over patients, real people.

Outstanding physician!
Dr. Lowder always provides me with the best possible care. He saved my life when he discovered and took appropriate action on two blood clots in my lungs. He's very busy, as most good doctors are, so it's a good idea to be organized when you go for your appointment. If you have any particular questions or concerns, write them down so that you'll be sure to cover them in the relatively short time you have together.

February 26th, 2014
Best Doctor in the Country!
I have been seeing Dr. Lowder since 2007 and he is the very best! He has saved my life twice and I trust him with my life! PERIOD! If he doesn't know what's going on, he will send you to someone who does. I wouldn't go to any other but him. (unless I had to) He knows my problems and I hate having to see another Doctor because then you have to sit there and tell them all over again what you are going thru and it just not worth my time nor there's.

Wellness Check
The office staff was friendly and I did not have to wait. The directions for medication was explained clearly. The nurse took the time to explain everything to me and I did not feel rushed.

February 22nd, 2014
Great Medical Care
Dr. Lowder takes time and answers questions and I feel I receive excellent care. Colonial Family Healthcare has hired a CEO that has improved the patient wait time and front office service. I would recommend Dr. Lowder to anyone as our family has always received the best of care.

February 22nd, 2014
I was very impressed with the care and attention Dr. Lowder and his staff show me on my recent visit. I would recommend CFP to anyone looking for a caring family practice physician.

February 21st, 2014
Good visit
Thorough exam

February 20th, 2014
This page says 17 years of experience. I thought surely I was a patient of Dr. Lowder before I moved to the lake in 1993. The folks here seem to enjoy helping people and are constantly striving to improve the office atmosphere. Dr. Lowder sincerely wants to diagnose and treat any health issues I may have and encourages preventative measures.

January 31st, 2014
X PLANT WORKER
Clayton R Lowder III, MD HE IS NOT WRONG ABOUT YOUR DIAGNOSIS AAND HE PRESCRIBE THE RIGHT MEDICINE FOR YOU........HE'S THE MAN

November 7th, 2013
My family has been going to Dr. Lowder for years. At times we've had to wait a little longer than we would have liked, but overall, it's usually no longer than any other place we've ever been. Dr. Lowder and his nurses have always been very kind, and always taken the time to listen to our problems to find out what was going on. He and his staff are very personable people and I can't say enough about how much my family appreciates the care they have given us.

November 2nd, 2013
What a joke
Every time I've been to his office I've sat in the waiting room well over an hour for an appointment that was scheduled well in advance . Lowder will spend all of 2 mins in the room with you chewing on penuts , leaning on the counter , never makin eye contact with you much less even examining you , not listening to anything your saying and gives out some generic diagnosis and throw some antibiotics at you and he's gone ! It's like he already knows what he's goin to tell you before he even comes in to " examine " you . He always seem to act like he has somewhere else he wants to be as he will make you feel like he is rushing you in and out . I've left his office and got second opinions and what a shock he was way off ! I also do not agree with his so called " nurses " . I'm not sure why they are called nurses since there isn't a licensed nurse in the building ! They are just random girls that he hired and put needles in they're hands to give people shots !!! None of them are certified to do that so why is that goin on ?! They carry no medical certifications at all and are a disgrace to everyone who has put in the hard work to become a licensed nurse . You can always hear them in the halls talking about other girls in the office or about some upcoming social activity . Listening to they way they talk I'm surprised these ladies can spell they're own name ! His " head nurse " does not do anything to disprove the blonde stereotype . Yet she is right there to shove a needle in you ( I think not honey ). I'm sure lowder has potential to be a great doctor , I just feel that he needs to get his head out of the clouds and remember the oath he took . As for me until that happens you can't drag me back in that place .

March 27th, 2013
Dr Lowder and the staff at Colonial are awesome! I recently was seen for an issue and they took great care of me and my issues are resolved. If you want to go to a practice where the staff really care, are genuinely nice and the physician is knowledgeable then try Dr Lowder at Colonial Family Practice. They treat you like family