A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Clayton Whitney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Clayton Whitney, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation and Refractive Surgical Procedures.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitney graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.More Education & Awards
Dr. Whitney has 10 hospital affiliations:
- East Texas Medical Center-Tyler
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Winnsboro
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whitney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 9 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance