A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Clayton Whitney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Clayton Whitney, Ophthalmologist, Trauma Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whitney
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Whitney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Clayton Whitney, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitney graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Whitney has 10 hospital affiliations:
- East Texas Medical Center-Tyler
- Mother Francis Hospital-Jacksonville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Clayton E Whitney MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Clayton E. Whitney practice?
- Dr. Clayton Whitney has 1 office location.
Dr. Clayton Whitney practices Ophthalmology near Tyler, TX.
See Tyler Ophthalmologists.