A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Clemens Schirmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Clemens Schirmer, System Director of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Geisinger Health System is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Arterial Diseases
- Intracranial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Education & Awards
Dr. Schirmer graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munchen.
Dr. Schirmer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Geisinger Medical Center/Danville
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Clemens M Schirmer MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 9 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Where does Dr. Clemens M. Schirmer practice?
- Dr. Clemens Schirmer has 3 office locations.
Dr. Clemens Schirmer practices Neurological Surgery and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near Wilkes Barre, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Danville, PA and Scranton, PA.
See Wilkes Barre Neurological Surgeons and Wilkes Barre Radiologists.