Dr. Clifford Gall MD Patient Reviews

December 28th, 2016
QUACK

May 31st, 2016
Find a different surgeon
Misdiagnosed my condition-did not view my MRIs, performed major invasive spine surgery that caused more harm than good, told me I'd be out of the hospital in 4 days, did not follow up with me once while I was in the hospital for nearly a month, has no bedside manner - condescending attitude. Get a 2nd/3rd opinion before seeing Dr. Gall. I don't know if he was so arrogant because he knew he botched my surgery - no follow up care whatsoever, unless you "bug him". Does not keep comprehensive or accurate medical records. So disappointed.

December 16th, 2015
Dr. Gall is very unpretentious and is easy to talk to. He listens and explains everything so you understand. Dr. Gall operated on my back and I have had no pain since the surgery.

October 15th, 2015
Ask questions and get a second opinion
Surgery from him has left me bed ridden for over 4 months now. What was explained to me at the time was not at all what he did. I was told I was having a minor surgery to relieve back pain, leg pain, and numbness. I would be able to then return to work in three months. I suffered not only irreversible prognoses but have suffered a spinal leak which leaves me bed ridden. I asked him at my visits about my limitations were with this type of surgery and his reply was he wouldn't recommend being an Olympic weight lifter or anything that has to do with lifting, bending, walking, and sitting. So basically how was I going to be able to return to work in three months originally? My quality of life has greatly decreased since I my surgical procedure with this doctor. My advice is to do your research. There are plenty of free public record. Check to see if there are malpractice suits or even wrongful deaths against the surgeon you choose. I know I wish I had.

September 23rd, 2015
Excellent Doctor
He is an excellent doctor. He is very direct and will tell you like it is. He performed 2 surgeries on myself (my neck and 11 years later my back) and diagnosed my mother. I highly recommend him.

April 2nd, 2014
Would not recommend.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. I was very impressed with Dr. Gall initially. I was in an emergency situation and had to have neck surgery the next day. I wish I would have had more time to research reviews of past patients and get a second opinion. It's been almost three months since the surgery. I started experiencing pain again about three weeks ago. Now I'm experiencing severe pain again. Over the past few weeks I have made several calls/visits just to be "dismissed" by Dr. Gall. It's his opinion he "fixed" my neck by operating on me in Jan and there is no way I could be in pain. I called in tears asking for pain medication to get me through the night (tomorrow I'm having a myelogram). He refused and frankly, treated me like I was some drug addict or something. If I wanted drugs, I could simply go downtown and by some on any street corner. But, I don't want to do something illegal. After my test results tomorrow - no matter if something is truly wrong or not - I WILL BE FINDING A NEW DOCTOR.

January 13th, 2010
Dr. Gall operated on my neck to remove a disc. He told me I didn't have to have the bones fused, so I didn't. Weeks after the surgery I was still in quite a bit of pain. Dr. Gall just told me that it was still healing. I got a little frustrated but in the end he was right. I healed and am now 100% pain free. I'm extremely happy with the result.

November 17th, 2009
spine patient
I was admitted via ambulance to Liberty Hospital with an back injury that left me immobile and in extreme pain. An MRI indicated a substantial disk herniation with surgery as the only option. Dr Gall(a good name for him)came to my room at 0600 in the morning with intention to take me to surgery on the spot. I indicated that I wanted to speak to my wife before any decision would be made. I also had not met the doctor and begged my pardon, but inquired as to his credentials for such an intricate, possible lifestyle changing operation. He told me "I been doing this since 1991 3-4 times a week-you do the math." After asking him to show me the injury herniation on the MRI, he responded"Does it look like I have the MRI with me?" I said no, but could copies be made, he said "no,but you can get up and go into the hallway and look on the computer." I couldn't walk. I have never been so disrespected by anyone, much less a doctor. At that point, I said that he would not be doing surgery on me and he said "ok" and quickly left the room. Patients need to know about this guy. RUN, RUN RUN

July 8th, 2009
I had back surgery on the L5-S1 a year ago. My pain was so bad I could hardly walk it was accompaied with Siatica down my left leg. As son as I had my back surgery I was pain free. I had dealt with the pain for 2 years and tried every alternative procedure previously. Dr. Gall was a very good surgeon, and even though he doesn't talk much I felt confident he knew his stuff.

April 17th, 2009
MISDIAGNOSES
He believes a 45 year old suffers from degenerative problems and not the accident that actually caused the problem. His manner and speaking are that he thinks himself the smartest person in the world and everyone else is stupid. I went to other doctors and they said all my problems are from the accident and not degenerative and they can't believe he told me these things. He wrote up 4 different accidents in my notes and he did not even know what happened to me. How can he make these statements when he does not know what accident I have. He is difficult when questioning my own care. I would never recommend his sloppy work or let alone surgery with this doctor

May 14th, 2008
Dr. Gall got me in promptly and diagnosed the problem. My surgery went very well and he stopped by to see me every day while I was in the hospital. He answered all of my questions honestly. He doesn't talk much which some people might interpret as bad bedside care. I didn't get that feeling though. It is nice to find a surgeon that doesn't feel a need to throw around all of his knowledge to impress you. He is concerned with getting you well as quickly as possible, not chatting with you and being your new best friend. I would recommend him to my friends and family.

April 19th, 2017