Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Dennett on Jun 13th, 2016

I had a tibial sesamoidectomy and microfracture of the 1st MTP joint procedure done with Dr. Jeng and would highly recommend him. He explained everything thoroughly before and even after the procedure showed pictures of what was done. He was willing to answer all my questions and I never felt rushed during the appointment. I would highly recommend him.

Fellow does your surgery (not there to just observe) show details Fellow does your surgery (not there to just observe)
Mar 15th, 2016

A fellow or resident will do your surgery, Mercy is a teaching hospital so Jeng won't touch you during surgery. Doesn't know much about feet, i think he mainly does ankles. I went for a consult and he seemed to have no idea how to fix a somewhat complex bunion. I spent most of the time with a dr in training (fellow /resident (who would have done the surgery)). If they are in your OR, they aren't just watching, they are doing. Wasn't for me.

"In Good Hands" show details "In Good Hands"
by A.I.Polsby on Mar 13th, 2016

When I first saw Dr. Jeng I had been suffering for six years from drop foot that back surgery failed to remedy. It was deteriorating and very painful. He suggested that I work with a skilled custom brace specialist. Only after this failed did he recommend a surgery --triple arthrodesis with tendon transfers. He was candid and direct in describing the procedure and recovery. He performed the operation 20 weeks ago. I can already walk painlessly without a cane and drive my car. Dr Jeng is clearly a brilliant surgeon. He is also easy to talk to, is generous with his time, and informed me fully about what to expect. In referring me to Dr Jeng, a senior doctor said I would be "in good hands." This proved to be correct. I recommend Dr. Jeng without qualification.

Excellent show details Excellent
Jan 13th, 2016

An excellent surgeon. Has recovery process down to a science. Talks to you on an equal level, although he is highly skilled! Excellent skill, excellent bedside manner.

STOP - look not further for your foot/ankle needs show details STOP - look not further for your foot/ankle needs
by T. Parker on Oct 15th, 2015

Dr. Clifford Jeng has the most exceptional bedside mannerisms I have encountered in years! He was extremely thorough during my initial consultation and explained everything at each and every appointment. I never felt rushed or hurried like I have at so many other medical offices. He reviewed all of my options and outlined a treatment plan tailored to my needs and our schedules. Dr. Jeng promised me two things during my consultation 1) reduced pain after surgical reconstruction and 2) improved quality of life. He has fully delivered on both promises. Although I will never live pain free and may need future treatment and/or surgical intervention, he is the only doctor I will continue to entrust with the care of my foot. My original injury was a severe Lisfranc injury with multiple fractures and dislocations back in 1997 and Dr. Jeng was able to remove broken K wires that no other doctor would attempt (because of the depth in the bones and complexity). I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Clifford Jeng 

by Caarolyn Shrensel on Oct 2nd, 2015

I am just one year since ankle fusion. I resisted this surgery for 6 years but Dr. Jeng was right that it was the only solution. Have no pain and I am working on having a normal gait. Dr. Jeng is great!

Achilles' tendon repair show details Achilles' tendon repair
by Doug Miyamoto on May 18th, 2015

My experience with Drj Jeng was exceptional. I had a near complete tear of me Achilles Tendon. Realizing the severity of my injury, Dr Jeng scheduled an emergency surgery date to repair the injury. The surgery went smoothly and I anticipate a complete recovery.

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
by Patrick S. on Dec 29th, 2014

Dr. Jeng reconstructed my rt. foot due to PTTD. He did an excellent job of examination and diagnosis, communicating the issue and options, surgery, and follow up. While Dr. Myerson, head of the practice, is an outstanding Dr. who fixed my other foot for PTTD, Dr. Jeng is a bit easier to get appts. with. I would consider ANY of the drs. in their practice for any serious foot issues. Rarely if ever had to wait in the waiting room. Mercy is great.

Dec 17th, 2014

Dr. Jeng is an outstanding doctor. We traveled two hours to see him when my daughter was injured.

by Janet Cappelli on Oct 22nd, 2014

I had Dr. Jeng he reconstructed my right foot. He did a wonderful job. I have no scars and the recovery was great. I would tell anyone who needs foot surgery to go and see Dr. Jeng. He is a very nice Doctor and his bedside manner is great. He only wants what is best for your.Thank you Dr. Jeng for a great repair of my foot.

Amazing show details Amazing
by Michelle CB on Oct 3rd, 2014

Dr. Jena is an amazing doctor. He is friendly, professional, and very positive. I had a bunionectomy on my right foot by a different doctor and the experience was awful. I was extremely hesitant to get my left foot done. I was referred to Mercy Foot and Ankle by my physical therapist. From the minute I met Dr.Jeng, I knew it would be a good experience. He and the rest of the staff were always nice, even when I was late to an appointment. He ensured that I knew all the right information before and after surgery and called to check up on me during recovery. I wish I had found him earlier and had my other foot done with him! I highly recommend Dr. Jeng for anyone looking for foot and ankle surgery.

Outstanding Experience show details Outstanding Experience
Oct 3rd, 2014

Over the past year and half, Dr. Jeng reconstructed both of my feet. I can't remember the technical terms, but I had a bone graft and tendon transfer in each foot, which was of course a difficult and painful process. However, Dr. Jeng and his team were amazing and both surgeries were a total success. 6 months after my last surgery I'm fully recovered and active again. I can't thank Dr. Jeng enough.

A Very Wise Decision! show details A Very Wise Decision!
by Maria on Feb 1st, 2014

Due to debilitating arthritis, Dr. Jeng replaced my ankle 6 months ago and I could not be more pleased. I had been seeing Dr. Jeng for about 3 years prior to my surgery and he let me decide when I was ready, when it was a quality of life decision. He prepared me extremely well for what I should expect before, during and after my surgery. He answered every question my husband and I asked with sincerity and thorough explanation. He was absolutely thorough in determining my suitability for the surgery in order to preclude any complications. Dr. Jeng's gentle manner, evident expertise, quiet confidence, and enthusiasm to relieve my pain have been very reassuring throughout this entire process. I received outstanding care at Mercy Medical Center and the staff was exceptionally helpful to my husband. The surgery was flawless, my recovery as well. My physical therapist said he had never seen such precision in ankle surgery in all of his many years of practice. I sailed through physical therapy and was back to work full time in three months. When it comes time to have my other ankle replaced, I will have no hesitation knowing that I can count on Dr. Jeng, once again. It will again be a very wise decision!! I am most grateful to Dr. Jeng for helping me to walk pain-free again!

Excellent show details Excellent
by Jenn M. on Aug 28th, 2013

When I went to Dr. Jeng I had already had two surgeries on my foot, both of which were unsuccessful. I had a complicated issue that Dr. Jeng was able to fix. My scar is wonderful and the staff at Mercy, and Dr. Jeng, have all been wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, both from the hospital and the doctor. Just when I thought this would never go away, Dr. Jeng was able to make me not miserably in pain! If you have a complicated problem or any regular problem, I would 110% recommend Dr. Jeng and his staff. He is also VERY good and attentive post-surgery and tells you exactly what to do. It is clear his goal is for you to have the optimal recovery and to be able to go back to doing everything you wanted to do. His attention to detail is surprising and reassuring.

Simply The Best Medical Experience I've Ever Had show details Simply The Best Medical Experience I've Ever Had
by Atlanta Patient on Aug 20th, 2013

Like many people I found my way to Dr. Jeng after my first operation, with another Dr. in Atlanta, was not successful. From the consultation, to the proceedure (5 1/2 hrs in surgery), to the months of follow up Dr. Jeng and his team at the Foot & Ankle Institute provided an amazing and postive experience. At one point, months after my operation Dr. Jeng emailed me, proactively, just to make sure I was progressing properly. Dr. Jeng is a tremendous combination: world class surgeon & caring, concerned, medical professional.

Ankle Recontruction show details Ankle Recontruction
by Clint Crouse on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Jeng is an excellent MD. Prior to seeing Dr. Jeng, I had a reconstructive ankle surgery with a different doctor in VA. After the first surgery it never felt quite right. I was suspect of the outcome and a year later was referred to Dr. Jeng. He was very good and meticulous. Spent over an hour with me during the initial consult and determined what needed to be fixed. He explained the what, why, and how of the problem. This instilled all the trust I needed to move forward. The surgery went great and follow ups were just as good as the initial visit. After rehab and therapy, I was running, snowboarding, and able to do things I enjoy again. Hands down, the best doctor/patient experience I've had.

four broken bones and crushed foot show details four broken bones and crushed foot
Sep 8th, 2012

Dr. jeng was straight foward / said what to expect and was right on / saved my foot

Jun 26th, 2012

I have had foot problems all of my life. My feet were almost to painful to walk on. In 2009 Dr. Jeng performed some very extensive surgery on my right foot. He was honest with me telling me that he might not be able to take all of the pain away but after I healed from the surgery the pain was gone! In 2012 he performed surgery on my left foot. No pain! He is an extremely skilled surgeon and for bedside manner you couldn't ask for better! He is kind and gentle but tells you like it is! The staff in his office are superb and he's got the best physicians asst in town!

Mr. James Mourlas show details Mr. James Mourlas
Jun 26th, 2012

I had a pretty bad ankle situation--torn and beat up tendons--just a result of lots of old sports injuries and old age wear and tear. Dr Jeng analyzed my problem and explained thoroughly--(in English I could understand) what his diagnosis was--and what he needed to do to get me right--His staff-Particularly Lauren--were very helpful in getting last minute pre-op work done and, frankly, a little hand holding--(I wasn't crazy --at age 74--about getting this done.)At any rate --here it is 5 months later--my golf game has improved by 10 strokes--my ankle is still a little stiff--but less so every week--and I am so pleased I drove the extra 100 miles to see Dr.Jeng--he was recommended to me by my Physical therapist in Easton--just about a 2 hour drive from my home. Good man--great surgeon--Thank you Dr. Jeng!

Excellent Doctro show details Excellent Doctro
Jun 21st, 2012

He has solid credentials and warm speaking manner. Didn't recommend a surgery that was potentially harmful.

Apr 24th, 2012

I found Dr. Jeng to be a very caring, highly skilled surgeon who diagnosed my condition promptly and acurately. He was very honest and forthcoming in his prognosis and has proven to be very accurate. I was treated with respect and dignity and I highly recommend him to anyone with a foot/ankle problem. My overall experience was very gratifying.

Apr 14th, 2012

this is the guy to see if you need it done right.. he knows what he's doing!

top-flight in every aspect show details top-flight in every aspect
Nov 14th, 2011

Dr. Jeng is absolutely excellent in every aspect--from his skills as a surgeon to the patience and clarity with which he discusses the treatment and prognosis with his patients. He is completely up front in terms of what is to be expected during the recovery/rehab process. Rarely have I encountered a person in any field whose considerable talents are so well complemented by a such a genuine demeanor. If you need treatment or surgery for a foot/ankle problem, this is your guy.

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
Oct 17th, 2011

Dr.Jeng is amazing. I am an athlete and had a torn tendon in the side of my foot for three years and no one could figure it out. Finally he did! We tried a few things to heal it because i am just 15 and he wanted surgery to be absolutely the last resort and he made sure he was 100% sure the surgery would fix the problem. I had surgery 3 months ago and my foot is feeling great. I am so grateful for Dr. Jeng. He helped me gain my love for sports back and truly cared about me. All the nurses and staff were wonderful as well.

A marvelous doctor who truly cares about his patients! show details A marvelous doctor who truly cares about his patients!
Sep 19th, 2011

After many months of excruciating pain from a fractured bone spur in right my foot friends urged me to get an appointment with Dr. Jeng. He was simply marvelous! He understood my pain, he told me the risks of the surgery in a straight-forward fashion and he answered all my questions directly and honestly. His warmth and compassion gave me confidence that all would be well, and it was. Most people wouldn't consider foot surgery an experience to be wished for but if you have to have it you can't do better than Dr. Jeng.

Amanda Gibson show details Amanda Gibson
Sep 14th, 2011

I will be forever grateful to Dr. Jeng, who successfully operated on my foot after a botched bunionectomy by my first doctor. I am convinced that Dr. Jeng's surgical skills saved my foot function and, hence, my quality of life. In addition, Dr. Jeng's manner, warmth, willingness to listen, and communication skills inspire great confidence. If you have a foot or ankle problem, I recommend him with enthusiasm.

Ankle Fusion Success show details Ankle Fusion Success
Jun 3rd, 2011

I have had both of my ankles fused by Dr. Jeng. He not only has top notch surgical skills, but also the best bedside manner of any surgeon I have ever met. He took the time to discuss my x-rays and determine the best options for me. In fusing my ankles, he paid close attention to my gait and set them very well to minimize my limp from many years of Rheumatoid Arthritis. While I was in the hospital and in terrible pain, he showed tremendous compassion and worked quickly, making adjustments to my pain management. He also did a great job with the incisions, the scarring is minimal. I am grateful to Dr. Jeng for every pain free step I take. I named my new fused ankles after him. My right one is Baby Clifford and the left one is Baby Jeng! :)

Ankle Surgery a Great Success show details Ankle Surgery a Great Success
by Linda Webb on Dec 29th, 2010

Words can not express how grateful I am for the skills and care given to my daughter Rebecca by Dr. Jeng. We highly recommend Dr. Jeng for his surgical skills, caring personallity and support towards an injured athlete. He treated my daughter with great respect and made her feel completely at ease. Dr. Jeng always took the time to explain medical problems clearly and welcomed questions, which I appreciated. He recognized me as my daughters advocate and always gave his time filled with patience and understanding. He is an amazing doctor and is a very kind person as well.

Dr. Jeng is Outstanding show details Dr. Jeng is Outstanding
by Jan Withers on Oct 16th, 2010

Dr. Jeng has been top-notch in every aspect of my medical care. His communication with me is thorough and compassionate. I was in constant pain from arthritis in my ankle and barely able to walk without severe pain. He replaced the ankle a year ago. He explained everything I would experience in my recovery and was available for any question I had during that time. I am absolutely elated with the results. I can walk normally, completely pain-free! I have my life back. Dr Jeng is an outstanding surgeon and an outstanding individual.

Total Professionalism show details Total Professionalism
Aug 7th, 2010

Both Dr. Jeng and every member of the staff of the Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction were always professional and caring. They do wonderful work and should be recognized for their efforts.

May 7th, 2010

I found him to be personable and able to listen and communicate well. He did a fantastic job on my surgery

Good physician show details Good physician
Dec 21st, 2009

I found Dr. Jeng very direct but compassionate. I had bone spurs in my big toe. Since the surgery, the pain is gone. Even though my schedule didn't compliment the physical therapy appointments, Dr. Jeng assisted me with exercises that I could do at work and home. If I have any problems with my feet or ankles, I would call him and have no problem recommending him to friends.

Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
Sep 21st, 2009

Completely misdiagnosed my ankle condition and did not weigh the complaints of subtalar impingement. Performed a triple arthrodesis and misaligned the foot and heel significantly. Went from moderate impingment to SEVERE. Ruined my professional career and life I once knew with my children and family.......Would not recommend to anyone!

Very bad experience show details Very bad experience
May 12th, 2009

This doctor is incapable or straight-out uninterested to get to the root cause of complex foot and ankle issues. So, unless you have a standard textbook problem, you should avoid this doctor. He will try to treat your symptoms without full understanding the consequences. Alternatively, he will simply give up if you question his suggestions. Overall, Dr. Jeng is very arrogant with no compassion or remorse for bad outcomes of his own treatment and surgeries. I wish I never agreed to any of his treatments.

one of the best doctor I have ever known!!! show details one of the best doctor I have ever known!!!
by Robert H Anderson Jr. on Dec 18th, 2008

his manner is direct he gives a very informed answer with no candy coating. it's not meant to be harsh or indifferent but to the disillusion patient it can seem this way! I prefer this type of interaction, he was kind and had great since of caring but skilled at his craft! I would recommend Dr. Jeng to anyone who needed surgery.