Overall Review

February 24th, 2014
Good Doctor
I'm trying to figure out why this Dr. has gotten such a bum rap in reviews. Granted, he's not the picture of an outgoing, smiling, perky human being. But he's a nice man and took the time to explain everything to me and respond to all my questions with regards to some floaters and flashes that I have been getting. He examined my retina thoroughly and said it was in fine shape. There aren't that many retina specialists in Westchester. I don't see any issue going to him.

July 31st, 2012
Very skillful physician
He has a slight "edge" in communicating but he is a highly skilled surgeon and diagnostician.

August 22nd, 2011
Very uncaring attitude-Arrogant & rude
I asked simple questions about the success rate of the treatment, the pros and cons of the treatment, asked for his medical opinion -- Dr. Ratner was extremely arrogant and rude. He told me I could go "google it". He was very snippy. Did not make me feel at all comfortable with him or trusting that he was doing the right thing for me. He may be an excellent doctor, I don't know--but he doesn't know how to communicate and needs to learn some compassion.