Dr. Clifford Stark Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Clifford Stark?

June 24th, 2017

Not happy

Although my appointment was with Dr. Stark, I was seen by an NP or an Intern. After much indecision as to why I was having back of the knee pain shooting down my leg, Dr Stark was sent for. I saw him for ten minutes and his determination was PT. The next day I went to another doctor and Bakers Cyst diagnosed.

January 27th, 2015

Highly Recommended

Dr. Clifford Stark has been my primary care provider (pcp) for almost ten years. You will not find a more caring, knowledgeable and dedicated physician. Dr. Stark is double board-certified in family medicine and sports medicine. It is incredibly convenient to have a doctor who can address both medical issues and sports-related injuries. Dr. Stark shares his knowledge of sports medicine by having medical residents and fellows rotate at his practice in Chelsea. The staff at Dr. Stark's office are professionals of the highest order. My medical insurance plan requires that I receive a referral from my pcp before I can consult with a medical specialist. Whenever I have needed to see a specialist, Dr. Stark's staff promptly completed the necessary form, faxed it to the specialist's office and sent me a copy of the referral. Twice due to an urgent health issue, I recall having called Dr. Stark's office after office hours. Each time Dr. Stark immediately called me back, spoke to me and prescribed a medication. He then called in the prescription to my pharmacy. I have referred colleagues, family and friends to Dr. Stark and will continue to do so.

April 26th, 2012

Pretentious, Obnoxious, and Cold

Had my very worst doctor experience with Dr. Stark. I came in with two injuries, one on my knee and one on my wrist. He immediately stated that the office was backed up that day so that it would be "impossible" to examine both injuries. I had my 11-month old child with me in the office, obviously it was not easy for me to make time to see the doctor so I had planned on having both injuries examined at once. He forced me to choose which injury for him to examine, although they have BOTH been causing me pain for two weeks. He went on to offer an obnoxious and unnecessary analogy between himself examining my injuries and a lawyer "you wouldn't ask a lawyer to help you with a divorce case AND a completely different case!" After describing the pain in my wrist he remarked that my injury could be treated myself without him having to bother with examining it. I was so frazzled by his cold and pretentious manner because I had very positive experiences with another doctor in his practice. After pleading with him to examine my wrist injury, he agreed to look at it for "30 seconds". I would never recommend Dr. Stark nor would I ever go back to him.

April 27th, 2011

oneunhappypatient

I waited over and hour to see him and he answered his cell phone during my exam. He seemed lost and not thinking about me. He tried to push me to his Physical Therapy way to hard. It made me just want to leave. Be ware !!

May 14th, 2010

The best doctor I've ever been to!

Dr. Stark is so caring and made sure I got the very best care. I keep going back to him because he is so knowledgeable with my sports injuries as well as primary health issues. I've also seen Dr. Degenhardt and the physical therapists there and everyone is wonderful!

June 30th, 2009

The Best Sports Medicine Doctor!!!

Dr. Stark is an outstanding sports medicine doctor and I'm so glad my friend recommended him to me. I have had persistent back pain since I was a teenager and he is the first doctor to come up with the diagnosis that has led me on my way to healing after all these years of going to chriporactors and physical therapists. His physical therapists in his office are outstanding and he even has another doctor who does family and travel medicine which is perfect since I travel a lot. I always call him for advice. I don't think this profile is current on this site though cause his diplomas say he went to an osteopathic school in Kansas City, which is supposed to be top notch. He also told me he is affiliated with NYU as well. With two great doctors in one office, there is no need to go anywhere else!

April 14th, 2009

AVOID or risk further injury!

This visit to Clifford Stark was such a waste of time and so disappointing. I'll start with the worst first. I have had an injury to the back of my leg for 2 months. At no point was there any bruising or tenderness to the touch. Dr. Stark repeatedly pressed on it with such force, even after I pulled away- that a couple of hours later it was bruised, swollen, and tender to the touch. Like I said it was never like that before and I did nothing in the two hours following the appointment. His rough handling of my injury made it worse! What happened to "first do no harm"? Aren't they teaching that in med school anymore? I am not the type to play the victim but I feel abused and violated. And now I'll have to wonder if going to the doctor is going to make it take longer to heal. On top of that, after all that pressing and probing he was not able to give me a diagnosis. This last point seems insignificant in comparison, but I was also surprised that he kept me waiting before the appointment while having a loud and obviously-not-urgent conversation with a co-worker. I was thinking, wow he must know I can hear this! Am I waiting for an inattentive cashier at Duane Reade or this a Doctor? But I thought, hey if he knows his stuff I don't care if he's off putting.In retrospect that was the first clue that this guy is not here for me but for himself.The only redeeming thing is that he did spend a lot time listening and talking. But the fact that he caused further injury and wasn't even able to diagnose the problem sort of makes that a moot point.Disappointing.

October 28th, 2015