Dr. Clifford Straehley III Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Clifford Straehley III?

October 4th, 2015

Easily agitated, rude, short tempered, makes assumptions based on no evidence about you, often does not like the answers you give to his questions, didn't ask any background questions

May 11th, 2015

Vietnam veteran helped thorugh crisis.

I was under the care of Dr. Cliff Straehley III, psychiatrist, for PTSD from 1990 to 1993. He helped me identify and understand my PTSD and find additional help with veterans counseling/support groups in Sacramento. His office was in Roseville on Sunrise Blvd. at that time.

February 27th, 2014

Not What I Expected

Well, I was shopping around for a psychiatrist when I stumbled upon Mr. Straehley which was a listed provider under my insurance. I later found out, he more specialized in psychology than medication management. I thought, two for one, sounds good. Prior to my appointment, I had to write down a bunch of questions and have it ready before my appointment which I did. Usually use to paperwork being sent to me, but whatever no biggie. When I arrived, there was no staff as he appears to be a private practice. When I started the appointment, things got really weird... Well he started asking quite a lot of specific questions regarding my past, stuff that most people couldn't really recall. If you provided an unsure answer, it seemed to frustrate him quite a bit. I felt like my answers were not pleasing him and this went on for two hours. It got to points where he seemed to say, well this may not work for you. The whole meeting was nothing like I experienced before, I was starting to get offended at his tone at a certain point. Most of the meeting seemed very "negative" and I did not leave his office feeling any better or happy I came. On the flip side, he did try to explain how to try and flip your thinking around from analyzing thoughts to simply observing them. That was pretty much all I got out of the session. At the end of every meeting, he asks you to fill out a "survey" regarding your interaction with him and make sure to comment. It was pretty awkward being asked to provide constructive feedback from a patient you are suppose to be treating. These aren't anonymous. Also, I hate to mention this since it's not really related to his practice and he may not be aware but the doctor seemed to have a bit of a bad case of Halitosis. To the point where it was very pretty distracting. Overall, regretfully my experience was not a positive one. We seemed to be on two very different pages, the interaction seemed for the most part to be a waste of time.

July 3rd, 2016