A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schermerhorn
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schermerhorn Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Schermerhorn graduated from American University of the Caribbean, Coral Gables.
Dr. Schermerhorn has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Coastal Communities Hospital
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Clifton S Schermerhorn MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Clifton S. Schermerhorn practice?
- Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn has 1 office location.
Dr. Clifton Schermerhorn practices Psychiatry near Santa Ana, CA.
See Santa Ana Psychiatrists.