Overall Review

November 12th, 2015
Poor bedside manner
My child has seen Dr. Daniels and his staff for about a year now and I have been very unimpressed with his bedside manner. Without going into personal details on a website, he shows zero compassion in how he communicates with parents and children when asking questions about care. I have never dealt with a doctor like him and will never recommend him to anyone. I have not been overly impressed with his staff either. One of the nurses is always very curt and was highly irritated when I declined to hold my child down for an optional shot. The office has also forgotten to send in prescriptions multiple times and I've had to call and request again that they be done. Very unprofessional and unorganized.

July 10th, 2013
Very good
Not sure what some of these other reviewers are referring to. In over 8 years, Dr. Daniels and his office have been EXCELLENT to work with. And, sorry to hear about one reviewers misdiagnosis, but seriously? A RARE condition and, yes, you would think that all doctors would instantly be able to spot every rare medical issue, but come on....We've never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room, always had Dr's full attention, Dr has always talked to the kids directly. And, you can get follow-up support via phone from the staff after appoitments (which really is RARE).

February 27th, 2013
You'd better check twice
We have recently switched to a new pediatrician and are wishing we had done it sooner! Not only did we get VERY little of Dr. Daniel's time during appointments (you are lucky to get 5 min of his time), he would ONLY look at us, the parents. He never really addressed my children as people. Nice man, but very awkward. In addition, when we switched to the new pediatrician and forwarded shot records, we found no fewer than THREE errors at different visit on my son's shot records, including missed shots and duplicates. The new office had a TOUGH time making sense of it all. I wish we had known what bad service we were getting but hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

February 4th, 2013
Dangerously wrong diagnosis!
I will agree with everyone that Dr Daniels has great bedside manner, but for my childs sake, I'd rather have someone who's intentions aren't to win awards for being nice. I've hesitated many times on leaving him a poor review since he is so nice, but since I never expressed my complete disappointment.. And full out anger from the whole situation.. My hope is maybe he will read this and learn from it & possiblly save a mom a lot of heart ache. After an intense emergency c section, my sweet boy was born. Right off we noticed something was wrong.. He had a pale mark that covered the left side of his face up just past his hairline, a few days later it started turning red. A week later we meet Dr Daniels, after being referred by a nurse I work with that he is great with her kid, he's not sure what to say about the mark but that we just wait and watch how it grows. A week after that after the mark is firehouse red he says its a port wine stain. At his 4th week he finally gives us the number to a pedi dermatologist who he says may help.. By this point the "port wine stain" had started to grow outward on his face! Had to make the apt myself (after all, its not a big deal) and was going to be 6weeks out! By the 5th week the corner of his eye starts to bleed since its growing so fast it's breaking the skin apart. Called the pedi derm again to see if they could try to fit us in & after explaining what all was going on they got us in 2days later.. (Of course on the night I planned to go back to work!) Upon arrival and within an hour of being there & the dr knowing what was actuallly going on... we had a room & group of drs waiting for us to arrive at Cooks hospital and prepare my son for his first MRI !!! After 4days at Cooks my son was accurately diagnosed with PHACE syndrome (uncommon & only about 400 cases reported) we also found that he has an absent carotid artery and started on a b/p med to stop the growth of the hemangioma that of course was still growing leaps n bounds on his sweet little face! He's now 7 months old and the hemangioma did not take over his face since we didn't just "let it grow" and is a beautiful happy boy!! Still has a slight red mark but is nowhere near the awful size that it was. Like the new dumb mom I was, we went back 3more times for check ups he had hardly anything to say cause I don't think he knew still what all was going on. Along with everything we had been dealing with reflux that he did diagnose but then never wanted to give him anything for it..just wanted to "monitor that as well" Even though he knew just about every bottle was being vomited up.. But I'm not going to get into that. I'm happy we're gone.. Still angers me when i think my son almost lost the vision in his eye but I finally waved the white flag! Its very exhausting trying to deal with everything and not have yr dr understand the gavity of his wrong diagnosis.. & continued lack of service. I'm not upset that he didn't know what it was.. Its uncommon i get that, But I work in this business he should have known to call the derm himself, dr to dr, have his nurse set me up an apt, and not be so certain of a field he has no idea about!

March 21st, 2012
good !
Glad we came to Dr. Daniels. He has an excellent bedside manner

September 15th, 2011
He has a very calm demeanor and he listens to your concerns. He is also very knowledgeable in his practice. My family loves Dr. Daniels.

December 30th, 2010
Can no longer recommend
We were patients of Dr. Daniels for 5.5 years since the birth of our 1st child. We thought Dr. Daneils was great at the old clinic site.Our experience at the new site has not been favorable. Most of our issues had to do with the office itself (long wait time of often >1 hr, cold staff, difficulty with getting a movie to entertain our kids when waiting long time. HOWEVER, we have had 2 recent issues with Dr. Daniels as well.1) Our oldest child almost rec'd his 4 year shots again at his 5 year visit b/c the visit was a couple days before his bday. If I hadn't questioned why he was getting his boosters again, he would have rec'd the shots again. (The shots had to actually be cancelled.) 2) My 2 month old was given reflux medicine. At the 4 month visit, I complained again about the spit up and Dr. Daniels said she might need reflux meds. I told him that the baby was already on meds.I think Dr. Daniels is stretched too thin at the new site and can no longer recommend him.

September 3rd, 2010
find a new ped this one is uncaring
I have a reflux child and he has no clue on reflux , calls it colic. comes across very uncaring and rushes you thru the appt to move onto some one else. his nurse is rude and getting an appt is impossible, he is overworked and bedside manner sucks..it is more like a factory line of treatment instead of a real caring and quality time appt place.. get a new ped, there are good ones out there, he is not one of them

August 26th, 2010
long time patient
I have all three of my children under Dr. Daniels's care and would not consider changing. We tried three other pediatricians before my daughter even turned 2, and finally stayed with Dr. Daniels because of his kindness, professionalism and the genuine care he shows for his patients. As you can see, I am very picky in who provides healthcare for my daughter, and have had two other children since we switched to Dr. Daniels, both of whom are now his patients. We are planning to move from the Mansfield area soon, but will continue to see Dr. Daniels despite the long drive, as I am confident in his ability to care for my children and would not feel comfortable with moving them to anyone else!

May 24th, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr. Daniels has been my children's doctor since they were born and has been great at handling all the problems that have come our way. If one of my kids were sick they see you the same day and Dr. Daniels even would call me at home to check up on them. His staff is awesome and they care a lot. I would recommend him to anyone!

February 23rd, 2010
I think my previous post was deleted since I didn't do an overall rating. I typically don't take these type of surveys, but I feel I should considering some of the ratings. Dr. Daniels has been nothing but kind and attentive in the 3 years we've been going to him. He was very thorough and sought every angle/test to ensure there were not more issues with my daughter. I felt comfortable putting my daughter's care in his hands. He always would bring up her cousins and relate them back to my daughter in conversation and spent a LOT of time with us during our visits. I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe it was just a bad office staff person that left a bad image.

February 3rd, 2010
Dr. Daniels is great!
I've been taking my kids to Dr. Daniels for nearly 3 years. I switched to him after having a horrible time getting my kids into their previous pediatrician. Dr. Daniel's group was always able to get me in the same day if the kids were sick and I've never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes in the 3 years I've been going. I have no complaints about Dr. Daniels whatsoever. He's a very gentle, caring, and professional man. I'm so glad we found him.