Dr. Clyde Yancy Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Clyde Yancy Jr?

May 25th, 2012

This was my first exposure to Northwestern as a patient. Staff at check-in were courteous and friendly. Pre-appointment scheduling was a breeze and Dr Yancy was very comprehensive in his questioning me about my background and medical history, as well as explaining anatomy and function of the heart. Would recommend him unreservedly.

June 11th, 2011

Dr. Yancy proves an important point about race. As a black person,he has excelled in the field of medicine and is only one of the best in the country. Does this prove anything?

November 15th, 2010

Dr. Yancy saved my husband's life.

My husband suffered from severe congestive heart failure and needed a transplant. He was dying and local heart specialist could not treat him. We traveled 300 miles to see Dr. Yancy. He personally performed most of the tests and arranged to have then all completed with as few visits as possible. His office was in contact with my husband daily until he stablized. Dr. Yancy's expertise saved my husband's life and without the transplant. Ten years later, my husband is still able to function without a transplant.

August 27th, 2010

Exceptional and highly recommended

This man saved my brother's life. One memory will, NEVER be forgottwen: At 2 or 3am my brother lay in CCU and saw Dr Yancy walk by without stopping in or saying hello. Later, my brother, Pat, commented to a nurse that the doctors seemed to be neglecting or ignoring him and that he was depressed. Word of this got to Dr Yancy who "rounded up" three other doctors and all four converged in Pat's room less than 30 mins later and hugged him and told him that they loved him! I get tearful even now telling this story, but I'm here to tell you that I would lay down my life for Dr Yancy without regret. I don't know anyone that has met him that isn't in awe of him both as a doctor and as a man of decency and common sense.

September 16th, 2016