Dr. B Wright MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

December 8th, 2013
Avoid this guy like the plague
I went to see him and he sits at his table with a computer that he has hooked up to a voice recognition program. He talks into it like you are giving him an order for fast food. You feel like you are a thing he is trying to process like a fast food restaurant customer. He has to make sure you are telling him the truth as he wants anyone close to you to come in with you at the next appointment to interrogate them, or call parents from out of town to interview them. As he sits at his computer table, he sits cross-legged like a little boy. You feel like you mean nothing to him and that he is not really plugged into trying to help you with your problem. I would have had more empathy talking to the wall. Then he gets out his book that has all the psychiatric definitions and reads your diagnosis to you. You think he would be able to figure this out without cheating with a book. This shows me that he did not really learn much in medical school. His people skills stink. I get a better reaction and more care from my dogs and even my cats, and I don't have to pay a co- pay. I came out crying every time I went to see him, which I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but finally realized that I was feeling worse every time I saw him (maybe only 3 times), after he told me that he wasn't God and he could not make me take the drugs. He lasso has this thing about trying to prescribe the most costly medicine even with having insurance. The co-pay was $250 for a month. It is like this guy is totally into how wonderful he thinks he is and the world outside revolves around him cause he is a doctor. He would be better working with computers tha people as he seems to treat people like they are stupid and it is all your fault because you have a disorder. He creates more problems for you than helps. He must only be in this field for the money as he has no heart, just apathy. Avoid him at all costs, unless he try's to change and actually start caring about people or do some thing else that does not include helping people.

June 16th, 2013
This shrink is the perfect example of why medical students with the lowest scores become psychiatrists. This individual showed little caring or empathy for my son whom he de-humanized at every chance he got -- to make him feel bad about himself. Then kept him "locked-up"for 10 days with no plan for recovery. When visitation was allowed for my adult child, this paternalistic authority figure instead sadly kept him cooped-up inside to get a vitamin D deficiency -- rather than let him out for a few hours to enjoy live music and sunshine, which certainly would have been more beneficial for my son's mental health. If you can avoid this quack, I highly advise NOT to let your loved one near this pathetic excuse for a Dr. This p-doc made up phony disorders with no proof or scientific testing, which would have ruined his career. Then wanted to give him dangerous Rx's without informed consent which may have seriously harmed my son in the hot summer months. Beware of psychiatrists who are nothing more than charlatans who peddle "snake oil" that cure nothing. P.T. Barnum would be a better choice for "therapy". This shrink will not listen or talk to the patient, but only pushes them around in a bully-like fashion -- akin to abuse and mistreatment of the old Victorian era of "care".

March 27th, 2012
Does not really show much caring about his patients and is upset when they do not respond to medication "that works for everyone else". Does not try to really understand the problem if it is not textbook like.Does not really seem to care period.

February 22nd, 2011
Hard to get into a shrink in Flagstaff, they are all overbooked. One thing that bugs me is that you may be charged for 50 minutes but at times you don't get your full time used. He will tell you like it is = bluntDoes try to give you the right diagnosis and won't push drugs even though at times that is frustrating especially if asking for antianxiety meds.Overall, I don't really feel too comfortable talking to him that's why I also see a counselor. But he is helping to determine what my underlining issues are.

August 17th, 2015