Coleen Dewitt DO Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

November 30th, 2016
Dr. DeWitt is great! She listens to your problems and recommends tests and solutions that work with you. I have had doctors that just don't listen so this is great!

June 10th, 2016
Dr. Dewitt has been my PCP since 2000. She spends time and gets to know you. She also now sees my 2.5 year old, as two pediatricians didn't impress me very much. I felt like if I loved my family doctor for this many years, why am I not taking my daughter. Highly recommended!!

February 8th, 2016
Poor Customer Service
I have been coming to Dr DeWitt for over 10 years. She has always been professional and done a great job. The staff at the front is a different story. Everytime that I schedule an appt. or have questions the staff is very unprofessional. I will be switching primary physicans due to the lack of professionalism of your staff

August 13th, 2015
Rude office staff
I was referred to Dr. Dewitt by a Doctor I work for. Heard many good things about her, by many patients of hers. I tried calling for an appointmet multiple times and keep being told she had no available appointments for 2months for new patients, to call back first thing in the morning and they would have an opening. So this is what I did and was told 5min after they turned they phones on there were no openings for months out. I told them I talked with the staff and told them what I was told by the office manger and the reponse I was given was "o-well don't know what to tell you" REALLY! wow! I work in a medical office and can't even imagine talking to a patient this way! Do I really want to even schedule an appointment with an office that treats there patients this way!? Nope don't think so! First impression starts with the front desk and they obviously need some training! The Dr.'s I work for would be appalled that staff was driving new patients away from the office!

February 4th, 2015
Love Dr Dewitt!
She is amazing and genuinely cares about her patients. I am so glad she was recommended to me!

September 17th, 2014
Good doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Dewitt for about 7 years. I feel that she is a very good doctor. She is patient and listens to my concerns. If she thinks you should see a specialist, she tell you that which is a good thing. I'm surprised by the negative comments and I am wondering if she is limited in addressing more serious medical conditions. But I haven't had any major health issues in this time so I can't evaluate her in that regard. I did have a test that had some results that concerned. I scheduled a test with a specialist (one that I found on my own) to resolve the issue. Dr Dewitt was totally fine with this. The specialist said very positive things about Dr. Dewitt. When my father was ill for several years, I spent a lot time with his various doctors in both the hospital and during appointments. Dr Dewitt has a much bedside manner than many of the doctors my dad saw who were often very brief and spoke in a way that we couldn't understand what they were talking about. Dr. Dewitt does not do this with me. She is respectful and thorough.

May 19th, 2013
Dr. DeWitt takes time to get to know her patients and their whole family. Her beadside manner is superb and she works well with both children and adults. She is amazing!! Highly recommend her as a family doctor! We love her!!!

July 30th, 2011
Superb Physician!
I don't know why there are so many negative comments about Dr. Dewitt? I have been seeing her for a over a year and she's terrific! She is a thorough professional genuinely cares about her patients' needs. She is honest and kind. These critics should consider the fact that doctors are trained to be direct! Bottom line, she's a great doctor. Don't listen to the negative comments, go out and see for yourself :)

March 23rd, 2011
Great doctor if you have a cold. Anything else, forget it. She doesn't seem to understand the human body and doesn't even try to. If the diagnosis becomes too difficult, she wants you to just go away. Her bedside manner is blunt and she can be quite offensive. She doesn't like to refer outside of Providence doctors and prefers you to go to a small set of under par specialists. She also made it sound like diagnostic tests are money coming out of her pocket, so she doesn't care to refer for the more expensive tests (MRI). She's more interested in keeping costs down so you're better off going somewhere else if you need a good doctor that cares about your health.

February 7th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR
I drive 45 minutes just to see Dr. Dewitt. She is attentive to my concerns and always responds quickly when I call her for something. I would recommend her to EVERYONE!

September 3rd, 2010
not a great physician if you are ill
if you find, while you are a patient of hers, that you have an underlying illness, be warned--her philosophy is to ignore it, maybe it will go away. I am sure that works with many conditions like flu or cold, but my husband now has an unfortunate problem that could have been prevented if she had taken care.

November 17th, 2009
i havent been there in a while. But I usually never have to wait more than 20-25. i feel she is caring, but quick. but arent most doctors rushed for time? but then she gets the patients in and out!