Dr. Colette Salm-Schmid MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 1st, 2016
Exceptional
Dr. Salm-Schmid is simply exceptional. I had been under the care of another local breast specialist and he said I did not need to be tested for BRCA. One visit to Dr. Salm-Schmid and made a referral to genetics on my behalf. Being young nobody wants to go down that path, but obtaining information that can be lifesaving is key. She advocated for me, she believed in me and was so positive I could get through surgery, even when I was so terrified and didn't know if I could do it. She helped me reduce my risk, a decision I am proud of. She cares deeply about your health and I felt like she cared about me like I was her own daughter. Bless her for advocating for me when others didn't and were given the same information.

July 19th, 2016
I prefer followup visits by the Dr not her assistant

September 15th, 2015
She is excellent at explaining diagnosis and treatment plans. Spends more than adequate time with you

August 5th, 2015
I adore this doctor, she's so kind and understanding and caring too.

May 28th, 2015
Would recommend dr Schmidt to all. Wonderful bedside manner!,,

May 21st, 2015
dr. is very kind ,reassuring, and thorough in her discussions with her patients. I'd like all my doctors to be so easy to understand and to be so willing to answer questions.

April 11th, 2015
Filthy St. Mary's, Bad Doctor
This doctor is one of the most condescending and arrogant doctors I have ever met. She does not take women's health seriously nor do her nurse prac. colleagues like Lynette Clancy. The facility is extremely old and dirty, with filthy carpet on the floors and it is just surprising these people work in the medical field. The people there are more intent on gossiping than helping others (their job), and then putting incorrect information in their health records (YOUR medical records). Do not recommend this doctor or St. Mary's.

January 10th, 2015
Amazing doctor!
Dr. Salm-Schmid is a wonderful, caring doctor. She takes her time to full explain everything, writing everything down for you to give you to take home. She and her staff are compassionate. Dr. Salm-Schmid is up on the latest research and new techniques.

April 22nd, 2013
To say I was very happy with Dr. Schmid would be an understatement. Her staff made me feel comfortable from the time I spoke with them on the phone to set up my appointment. Upon arrival they continued to make me comfortable and welcomed as a new patient. When I met Dr. she was warm and gracious. She has a lovely sense of humor, a bedside manner that other physicians could take lessons from and she listened. That was the most important factor to me. She listened and we went from there. I would recommend her to any woman as a specialist in her field. We need more doctors just like her in the field of medicine for women.

November 26th, 2012
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Salm-Schmid throughout my breast cancer surgery/treatment and follow-up appointments. There aren't too many surgeons with her caring attitude. If you are looking for a specialist in breast cancer, Dr. Salm-Schmid is the only doctor I'd recommend. She does her research, is caring, and her staff is wonderful.

August 23rd, 2010
I have never experienced a more caring, dedicated and knowledgeable doctor in myentire 60 years. She saved my life and cared for me like I was family.

August 2nd, 2009
Business owner
I highly recommend Dr. Colette as she is very professional but has the sweetiest bed side manner imagineable. She made my breast cancer ordeal quite pleasant. I would not hesitate to go back to her again if I had another tumor develope.