Dr. Colin Driscoll MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 30th, 2013
Rare and unique!
The tile is a tribute to Dr. Driscoll as he is rare and unique! Rare and unique is also the words Dr. Driscoll used to describe my tumor when my wife asked him and Dr. Link how many of these type of tumors had they operated on. Dr. Driscoll looked at Dr. Link briefly and answered, "What your husband has is rare and unique but we operate in peoples heads most everyday. Rest assured we are very good at what we do and will help your husband. Admittedly we were both very scared to hear that I had a somewhat large tumor in my head but Dr. Driscoll's manner, the inflection of his reassuring words and the confidence that showed on his face immediately put my wife and myself at ease. The operation was a complete success and my wife and I are indebted to Dr. Driscoll for his God given talent, skill and compassion. Thank you Dr. Driscoll, you are rare and unique! To God be the Glory! Marv

August 15th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon!
Dr. Driscoll has implanted my son with two cochlear implants. One in 2003 & one in 2005. He is an excellent Surgeon and did a fantastic job. The scaring behind my sons ears was so minimal that I barely notice anymore with an incision of less than 2 inches. Both implant areas healed very quickly and his implants help him on a daily basis. Thank you so much and I would refer Dr. Driscoll over and over again! 5 stars!

March 14th, 2012
Connie:Glomus Tumor patient
I could not have asked for a more professional, knowledgable, and caring doctor and his staff. I was treated as if I had been a regular patient at Dr. Driscoll's office at Mayo and they made sure that my husband and I felt very comfortable with the procedures/surgery that I required. I would recommend Dr. Driscoll to anyone who requires his expertise.

December 8th, 2011
Limited AN/NF-2 experience in 2000 for a large clinic.
Flip-flops as to Tx types, necessity, etc.I've waited in exam room as long as 3 hrs. to have ear wax removed and not shown latest MRI.No advocacy as to bodily effects of NF-2 to state Medicaid officials.

September 23rd, 2011
Wouldn't want anyone else
Dr. Driscoll is amazing and very gentle with the pediatric population. He's proactive yet not quick to operate. We've been seeing him for 3 years and never once has he done anything to scare my son during an exam. He doesn't cause any unnecessary pain or make the experience unpleasant for my son. Dr. Driscoll is also so good at telling my son what a good job he's done sitting still during the exam and how brave he's been.

March 27th, 2010
Becomes a Mayo Insider
A good, long lasting relationship between the Dr. and I has been ruined by his lack of communication and inappropriate statement in an email