Dr. Colin Looney MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2017
Awesome
I've been a patient of Dr Looney for 5 years he has always been a dedicated, professional most outstanding Dr I've ever dealt with has always took care of my hip problems just did a hip replacement on me and honestly him and his staff are awesome he choose a route that was going to make it easier on me because he is so highly educated on modern technology one of the best.

July 12th, 2016
Dr. Looney and his nurse Steph have been incredible throughout a very mysterious, atraumatic injury. Although it wasn't a clearly defined procedure, I put my trust in Dr. Looney for the procedure, in many ways because he went well above and beyond his responsibilities a surgeon typically has to his patient. He spent an extensive amount of time talking to me, analyzing images with other physicians, and coming up with a forward plan of action. Although I am just over two weeks post-op, I can say with the utmost confidence that you won't find a better hip surgeon in Tennessee.

March 29th, 2016
a fine doctor
A wonderful human being great doctor

September 8th, 2015
Great DR, bad assistance from main nurse.
Looney was really great. Good and knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable. However the main Nurse Lady that came in to see me first, was rude and obnoxious. She asked me to point to the place where the pain was. I tried telling her it was radiant and wasn't isolated. She got mad and said, "I'm gonna ask you again". So I replied the same message. That it was all over a 8 inch area. And she got really mad. Talking down to me and making me look at her as she demonstrated how to use a finger to point. Finally she walked out with a really bad attitude. I almost walked out to find another doctor. Then I met Looney and he was great.

May 17th, 2015
Great professional and understanding Doctor

April 2nd, 2015
Great Ortho Doc
Highly recommend Dr. Looney.

March 10th, 2015
Avoid!!!
Tried to perform surgery that was not needed, and failed to explain reasoning

February 15th, 2013
Dr. Looney is a great doctor, with great credentials. I was referred due to a total biceps rupture. As I "thought it might get better", I had not sought treatment for 7 months after my injury, so Dr. Looney had to replace my atrophied tendons with an Achilles heel from a cadaver donor (Ewww!) It has been two years and all has gone well as it can (I sometimes get some minor discomfort when doing certain twisting motions, or holding heavy items for a long time, but that was something I was told may occur). The best part is I have my strength back, as well as my marksmanship, and I don't have a "Popeye" looking biceps. My flexibility is 100%. THANKS DR. LOONEY!

September 12th, 2012
This Doctor was wonderful, great bedside manor and surgeon as well, I have had no complications from my knee surgery that was done 2 years ago.

July 14th, 2012
rude
The nurse acted like she was going to fall over dead at any moment, was totally rude to me. The doctor told me I should not be on social security disability, but working (I'm 61, severe scoliosis and diabetic and rheumatoid arthritis). I worked many years before I couldn't anymore. He didn't fix the labral tear I was sent there for. Said it would heal by itself.Still in pain!

June 12th, 2012
Unbelieveable how well everything went
I had surgery on my left knee to repair a torn meniscus. It was my first surgery so I was scared. Two weeks later I am better than new. There was almost no pain, no scaring and I am starting to resume normal exercising. Unbelievable how well everything went.

January 27th, 2011
Dr. Looney excellent Doctor
I would strongly recomend DR Loony and the Vanderbilt Bone and Joint Clinic. The office staff is kind and professional. I have never had a problem getting an appointment when I needed one. As far as Dr Looney, he has replaced my Hip and done two knee surgeries. He has great bedside manner and he actually cares about you. He even gave me his personal cell number after my surgeries in case I had any problems. He is Fantastic!!!